+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Complete Next-Generation iPhone Front Panel Pictures Leaked

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by tremor1521 You had a defective unit. My battery life on my GS3 crushes the battery life I had on my 4s. I've owned every iPhone since the
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,794 Times in 3,028 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tremor1521 View Post
    You had a defective unit. My battery life on my GS3 crushes the battery life I had on my 4s. I've owned every iPhone since the first version and I just recently switched to the GS3 and I can honestly say that the iPhone doesn't hold a candle to what the GS3 can do. The one and only thing the iPhone does better is take better low light photos. That's it. I'm really hoping Apple does something big with this next phone or else they will be left in the dust.

It takes about 2 days to get used to it. Unless you have small hands. Then I can understand.
    I have both. What exactly do you think the GS3 can do that the iPhone can't? Specifically?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    The back will be unibody with glass on the top and bottom. The phone will be taller and thinner. It's going to be amazing and consistent with Apple's "little by little" evolution of products.

And if anyone STILL doubts this isn't the real deal, you can already see that iOS 6.0 perfectly displays a 1136 x 640 resolution which adds one more row of icons to the screen. Any other resolution it just scales to fit. For reference, the 4/4S has a 960x640 resolution.

Apple doesn't need to change anything. What the have works for the majority of their consumer base and their yearly record numbers in sales proves that. Apple doesn't cater to some of the changes you see Android pursuing such as huge screens and highly moddable OS's because they're not competing against Android and that's never what they've done. iOS 6.0 isn't going to drastically change ever and hoping it does is just pointing out you have no idea how Apple does things.
    If you really believe for one second that Apple isn't competing, then you sir clearly have NO idea about how Apple REALLY does things.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Did everyone see that apple is going to skip 4g lte tech and go to 5g lte? I saw it in a picture the other day.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

What a dorky-looking phone! And that's coming from an owner of 3 previous-gen iPhones. :-/

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slimz View Post
    If you really believe for one second that Apple isn't competing, then you sir clearly have NO idea about how Apple REALLY does things.
    Show me a single change they've done to the phone that has been a direct response to ANYTHING Android has done before. When i said conpeting I meant that their design arent governed by the need to beat Android or anyone else. The iPhone both from a hardware and software standpoint, has changed very little from where it started as far as usability. Apple didn't get into the phone market to compete with others. They get into it to define it and everyone else has (understandably) been playing catch up since.

The bigger screen is a huge change for apple and one I'm still surprised they're doing now. That said, with this third iOS resolution Apple is opening it up the door for developers to design apps to be truly universal and resolution independent, which will certainly come in handy if the rumors of a smaller iPad have any truth to them.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn that's just like the iPhone 4 front panel.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    I really hope this is not the next iPhone. Apple needs something different than a longer iPhone 4/4S. Guess we will know soon enough.
    Agree!

Quote Originally Posted by no1stunna2k View Post
    I guess in the 8th generation iPhone apple will make it wider. I really like Apple's product but the SGIII is looking a lot better.
    True that!
    I NEED A JOB! Can anyone help???

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,304 Times in 705 Posts

All that's the same is the white color on the front and the shape. Otherwise everything is different. Your all still gonna buy it either way.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks

Don't like it. Keeping my 4S.
    iPhone 4S | MacBook Air

Thanks
    Thanked 1,679 Times in 830 Posts

I just played with the Samsung Galaxy S3 today in the Verizon store (I never go in there) - this next iPhone better be spectacular with competition like that.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,304 Times in 705 Posts

A little taller. Thinner. I think it's gonna be nice. I just wanna know if it will carry a gig of ram or a quicker processor. With the more real estate that they use with it being taller they can equip more hardware

Green Apple
    Thanks

it is really funny having an QR code on the face

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Stupid choice

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,595 Times in 660 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Did everyone see that apple is going to skip 4g lte tech and go to 5g lte? I saw it in a picture the other day.
    Where the link for that info? and not just a pic either. info to provide fact info!

Thanks

For those who haven't figured this out yet. The leaks come from Apple competitors who don't want you interested in the next iPhone.
    Is this not obvious?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

OK, so they've reduced the amount of vertical scrolling required - but to behave and feel like a bigger screen, it has to do what Samsung did with the Galaxy Note and at least retain or ideally, widen the aspect ratio.
    If you've ever used a long, narrow screen and a Galaxy Note, you'll know exactly what I'm referring to.

In terms of the web-browsing experience, they'd have been better widening the aspect ratio - not narrowing it.
    Verdict = Fail

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123