Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Make Your Lock Screen Look How You Want it to With 'LockScreenCustomizer'

Default Make Your Lock Screen Look How You Want it to With 'LockScreenCustomizer'

A simple new jailbreak tweak is now available for free in the Cydia store allowing you to customize the elements of your lock screen by hiding and showing certain items or changing their behavior. The new tweak is called LockScreenCustomizer by iOS developer Firemoon777. What’s more is the tweak doesn’t require you to respring your device after every change you make, so you can go back and see how it looks very rapidly.

All of the things you can customize are in the Settings application under the LockScreenCustomizer preferences pane, which is shown above. So what can the tweak do?

First off, what would a lock screen editing tweak be without the ability to change the text in the slide to unlock bar? – the feature comes with the tweak and is very cliché, however that’s not the main focus of the tweak. You can enable and disable this feature on demand and make the slider say whatever you’d like it to.

Another feature is the ability to hide the top bar of the lock screen. By top bar, the tweak is referring to the clock dash that shows the date and time on it. Most people like this so they can quickly see what time it is, however others may like the simpler look without it.

In addition to the top bar, the tweak lets you edit the contents of the Status Bar on the lock screen. You can make the Status Bar look like the iOS 6 Status Bar on the lock screen and hide the lock icon from it, but the tweak can also hide the time from the status bar. This makes the Status Bar a lot less cluttered on the lock screen, as some prefer it.

The large lock screen battery that shows up with the back background, when charging your iOS device, can also be disabled. When disabled, only the lock screen version of the battery icon will be able to inform you of your device being charged, by showing you the lightning bolt indicator in the battery icon. On the other hand, you can also opt to have the black background and battery appear whether your device is charging or not, so you will be able to easily see your battery percentage without having to squint at the smaller Status Bar.

The final option is the ability to disable the Camera Grabber, a feature that appeared in iOS 5.1 to allow the user to slide up on the lock screen to reveal the Camera application for faster photographs. Some people liked this feature, while others didn’t like accidentally launching the Camera application.

Installing multiple jailbreak tweaks can perform many of these options, but installing one tweak that can do it all is a good way to help with performance. In addition, it’s free, unlike alternatives such as Springtomize 2, which comes with some of these features. If you like customizing things to your liking, give this tweak a try.

Name: LockScreenCustomizer
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: ModMyi.
    Developer: Firemoon777
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

If only we could add widgets to it. Oh well. Epic enough for being free.

when lock in statusbar is turned off, it appeared that the lock is gone on the lockscreen, however, upon respringing the lock still shows, but when you go to the lockscreen after the respring the lock is gone. this is true after every respring.
    Last edited by anime007; 08-19-2012 at 03:12 AM.

I like it but I feel like there isn't much options, should of added seconds duration, like mention by someone some widgets or maybe different color on the clock status? Just saying, I know there's a tweak for longer seconds duration but it would be nice to just download one tweak and have it all instead of downloading a bunch of tweaks. Overall 2/5 for me.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

one word: springtomize

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HotBlack View Post
    Too resource-hogging.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Yes but this tweak is free.

springtomize can't do lockscreen time in statusbar
    Last edited by anime007; 08-19-2012 at 09:32 AM.

The second photo in the article looks like the new iPhone! Haha ***!

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    The second photo in the article looks like the new iPhone! Haha ***!
    LOL! I think the new iPhone is longer!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

iPhone? More like MyPhone AmadeusKaelPyralis's Avatar
    Thanks

Why can't I find this in Cydia?
    I've seached for it by name, and specifically by Repo. It's not in the MMi Repo?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,215 Times in 6,216 Posts

It's on MMi repo, I see it on my phone. "LockScreenCustomizer" all one word.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

AmadeusKaelPyralis (08-26-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone AmadeusKaelPyralis's Avatar
    Thanks

There have been a couple of newer tweaks I have not been able to find.
    Is it possible that somehow my Cydia is not updating? I do not know much about how Cydia works... but the items I have installed update (like, for example, LockDate has an update pending)... but this and there was another tweak I looked for which had to do with connection information displaying in Notification centre that I could not find. It was on BigBoss repo.

I've searched by word, all one and broken up. I've even searched Cydia's repo by alphabetical order and it was not there.

----
    Update: Nevermind. Seems to be there now. Perhaps it was gone for a moment?
    Wish I could remember the name of the other one I wanted...
    Last edited by AmadeusKaelPyralis; 08-26-2012 at 06:26 PM. Reason: found it... oddly.

Check out Internalizer:

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2011/07/25/internalizer/