+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple and Samsung Wearing On Judge, Lobs "Smoking Crack" Remark at Apple's Counsel

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
...
  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,342
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 79 Times in 46 Posts

    Default Apple and Samsung Wearing On Judge, Lobs "Smoking Crack" Remark at Apple's Counsel


    Apple and Samsung finally got to Judge Lucy Koh in their furious attempts to jam as much information in before their closing statements and the end of the Apple v. Samsung trial.

    Apple present Koh with 75 pages worth of briefings for its final witnesses which were 22 strong. Koh, obviously frustrated and upset, responded:

    "I mean come on. 75 pages! 75 pages! You want me to do an order on 75 pages? Unless you're smoking crack, you know these witnesses aren't going to be called when you have less than four hours." — Koh
    Koh’s response was in response to the fact Apple has only six and half hours of argument time left (of the allotted 25) with two hours reserved for each side’s closing argument. Koh threatened to levy a “tax” if Apple did in fact fail to get through all 22 witnesses. The tax would most likely come in the form of time cuts to each party’s closing arguments.

    Samsung already threatened to submit pages of objections if Apple didn’t curtail the number of proposed witnesses. Koh’s already threatened sanctions for both parties excessive paperwork commenting that he “rag tag” team just isn’t able to keep up with both counsel’s “legion of lawyers.”

    Closing arguments wrap soon (Samsung rested its case Thursday), and judging by the mood of Koh a decision could be swift.

    Source: AppleInsider

  2. #2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    245
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    She has a face I just want to punch..

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    798
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 74 Times in 47 Posts

    LOL. Looks like Apple are just too full of themselves. I hope Samsung win this as they deserve to win and Apple deserve to get a kick up the *****.

  4. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,128
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 87 Times in 71 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    She has a face I just want to punch..
    Go ahead and punch her and get yourself thrown into jail, she throw away all your idevice privileges.
    See you crouched in the corner going through your idevice withdraw would be awesome.

  5. #5
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    LOL. Looks like Apple are just too full of themselves. I hope Samsung win this as they deserve to win and Apple deserve to get a kick up the *****.
    ^ this deserves a thumbs up

  6. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sedalia, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    107
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    I agree with her previous statement. They should just settle out of court. Yea. Samsung copied Apple. Don't care. Samsung still managed to make a few great devices. Everyone should be able to make an informed decision on what phone is best for them. Those who don't are ignorant.

  7. #7
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 19 Times in 5 Posts

    Default The Humanity....
    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    LOL. Looks like Apple are just too full of themselves. I hope Samsung win this as they deserve to win and Apple deserve to get a kick up the *****.
    You know who I want to punch? Your school teachers. Apple, as it is commonly used, is a proper noun, singular. It is the name of a single company, and while it may be comprised of many people, as a company it is a singular entity (not a person, a thing). The usage of the word Samsung, as you have attempted it here, falls into the same category of usage. I get so tired of reading this horrendously improper, and frankly ignorant, use of English from trolls that frequent a pro-Apple site. Let me correct for you:

    "Looks like Apple may be a little full of itself. I hope Samsung wins, it's quite deserved, and what Apple deserves is a kick in the *******."

    Now, I would LOVE a citation as to why you think Samsung deserves to win this suit, accompanied by a summary of what you think the suit is about. I would wager you haven't a clue as to the particulars of the case, read a single brief, nor possess a single compelling business related reason to make such an asinine and grammatically poor statement. On second thought, please don't - your avatar tells me everything I need to know.

  8. #8
    ".plist master" Them3this's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,059
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked 2,624 Times in 1,027 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ishamiyal View Post
    You know who I want to punch? Your school teachers. Apple, as it is commonly used, is a proper noun, singular. It is the name of a single company, and while it may be comprised of many people, as a company it is a singular entity (not a person, a thing). The usage of the word Samsung, as you have attempted it here, falls into the same category of usage. I get so tired of reading this horrendously improper, and frankly ignorant, use of English from trolls that frequent a pro-Apple site. Let me correct for you:

    "Looks like Apple may be a little full of itself. I hope Samsung wins, it's quite deserved, and what Apple deserves is a kick in the *******."

    Now, I would LOVE a citation as to why you think Samsung deserves to win this suit, accompanied by a summary of what you think the suit is about. I would wager you haven't a clue as to the particulars of the case, read a single brief, nor possess a single compelling business related reason to make such an asinine and grammatically poor statement. On second thought, please don't - your avatar tells me everything I need to know.
    Owned.

  9. #9
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    245
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Go ahead and punch her and get yourself thrown into jail, she throw away all your idevice privileges.
    See you crouched in the corner going through your idevice withdraw would be awesome.
    Haha dude I wouldn't go through withdraws lol.... But I still want to punch her! #thugLife

  10. #10
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    HAWAII
    Posts
    258
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ishamiyal View Post
    You know who I want to punch? Your school teachers. Apple, as it is commonly used, is a proper noun, singular. It is the name of a single company, and while it may be comprised of many people, as a company it is a singular entity (not a person, a thing). The usage of the word Samsung, as you have attempted it here, falls into the same category of usage. I get so tired of reading this horrendously improper, and frankly ignorant, use of English from trolls that frequent a pro-Apple site. Let me correct for you:

    "Looks like Apple may be a little full of itself. I hope Samsung wins, it's quite deserved, and what Apple deserves is a kick in the *******."

    Now, I would LOVE a citation as to why you think Samsung deserves to win this suit, accompanied by a summary of what you think the suit is about. I would wager you haven't a clue as to the particulars of the case, read a single brief, nor possess a single compelling business related reason to make such an asinine and grammatically poor statement. On second thought, please don't - your avatar tells me everything I need to know.
    shhh, tinkerbell is going to get mad lmao

  11. #11
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,087
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 35 Times in 29 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ishamiyal View Post
    You know who I want to punch? Your school teachers. Apple, as it is commonly used, is a proper noun, singular. It is the name of a single company, and while it may be comprised of many people, as a company it is a singular entity (not a person, a thing). The usage of the word Samsung, as you have attempted it here, falls into the same category of usage. I get so tired of reading this horrendously improper, and frankly ignorant, use of English from trolls that frequent a pro-Apple site. Let me correct for you:

    "Looks like Apple may be a little full of itself. I hope Samsung wins, it's quite deserved, and what Apple deserves is a kick in the *******."

    Now, I would LOVE a citation as to why you think Samsung deserves to win this suit, accompanied by a summary of what you think the suit is about. I would wager you haven't a clue as to the particulars of the case, read a single brief, nor possess a single compelling business related reason to make such an asinine and grammatically poor statement. On second thought, please don't - your avatar tells me everything I need to know.
    O.O

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    798
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 74 Times in 47 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ishamiyal View Post
    You know who I want to punch? Your school teachers. Apple, as it is commonly used, is a proper noun, singular. It is the name of a single company, and while it may be comprised of many people, as a company it is a singular entity (not a person, a thing). The usage of the word Samsung, as you have attempted it here, falls into the same category of usage. I get so tired of reading this horrendously improper, and frankly ignorant, use of English from trolls that frequent a pro-Apple site. Let me correct for you:

    "Looks like Apple may be a little full of itself. I hope Samsung wins, it's quite deserved, and what Apple deserves is a kick in the *******."

    Now, I would LOVE a citation as to why you think Samsung deserves to win this suit, accompanied by a summary of what you think the suit is about. I would wager you haven't a clue as to the particulars of the case, read a single brief, nor possess a single compelling business related reason to make such an asinine and grammatically poor statement. On second thought, please don't - your avatar tells me everything I need to know.
    Care factor of your reply = 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Fhadso View Post
    I agree with her previous statement. They should just settle out of court. Yea. Samsung copied Apple. Don't care. Samsung still managed to make a few great devices. Everyone should be able to make an informed decision on what phone is best for them. Those who don't are ignorant.
    EXACTLY. There should be competition to keep the market equal but Apple dont know how to play nice and want to dominate it by removing the competition.
    I hope the judge awards Apple NOTHING and fines them heaps for all these bulls*** lawsuits against Samsung.

  13. #13
    My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Posts
    610
    Thanks
    258
    Thanked 343 Times in 218 Posts

    EVERYONE TOGETHER NOW!!!

    "My ****'s bigger than your ****."
    "My ****'s bigger than yours!"

    Seems that way; all this "suing each other to death" is about. None of them are really innovating anything newer than what we had 5 years ago. If they would invest the money spent patent trolling each other into, say, newer UI's, better support. We would probably have less to winge about, no?

  14. #14
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ishamiyal View Post
    You know who I want to punch? Your school teachers. Apple, as it is commonly used, is a proper noun, singular. It is the name of a single company, and while it may be comprised of many people, as a company it is a singular entity (not a person, a thing). The usage of the word Samsung, as you have attempted it here, falls into the same category of usage. I get so tired of reading this horrendously improper, and frankly ignorant, use of English from trolls that frequent a pro-Apple site. Let me correct for you:

    "Looks like Apple may be a little full of itself. I hope Samsung wins, it's quite deserved, and what Apple deserves is a kick in the *******."

    Now, I would LOVE a citation as to why you think Samsung deserves to win this suit, accompanied by a summary of what you think the suit is about. I would wager you haven't a clue as to the particulars of the case, read a single brief, nor possess a single compelling business related reason to make such an asinine and grammatically poor statement. On second thought, please don't - your avatar tells me everything I need to know.
    It's funny that you call an iPhone hacking site pro apple. Also most people check this site on said iPhones and honestly this site isn't a Classroom and its pretty sad that you feel the need to go to a forum and be condescending.

  15. #15
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 30 Times in 7 Posts

    While I do think ishamiyal went a little overboard there, reading posts that are as bad as NakedFaerie's posts is a nightmare.

  16. #16
    iPhone? More like MyPhone soidroidios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    With the amount of things she had to go through in this trial, I wouldn't blame her for feeling frustrated. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised she tosses a coin to see who wins just to get back at them

  17. #17
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Care factor of your reply = 0

    EXACTLY. There should be competition to keep the market equal but Apple dont know how to play nice and want to dominate it by removing the competition.
    I hope the judge awards Apple NOTHING and fines them heaps for all these bulls*** lawsuits against Samsung.
    Last I checked, there remains competition in the marketplace, even with Samsung in play. If one would pay attention, they would realize this battle is based on these clones and not on the other devices Samsung has created that are now different in a sense. I don't understand how you all can consider a device that was purposely duplicated based on a 132 page book on how to do so, as competition. Apple isn't trying to remove the competition but trying to gain back what they rightfully own and force Samsung to innovate and come out with something uniquely different and crush the competition as Apple did when the iPhone launched.

    I'm curious of how many of you wear fake branded clothing and sneakers or do you in fact purchase the real deal and frown upon wearing the fake branded material and would spend double the money for the real deal. I'm willing too because I don't support or choose to have a cheap knock off of a better creation.
    -= Formally known as SiLeNtKiLLa =-

  18. #18
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    407
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked 49 Times in 31 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ishamiyal View Post
    You know who I want to punch? Your school teachers. Apple, as it is commonly used, is a proper noun, singular. It is the name of a single company, and while it may be comprised of many people, as a company it is a singular entity (not a person, a thing). The usage of the word Samsung, as you have attempted it here, falls into the same category of usage. I get so tired of reading this horrendously improper, and frankly ignorant, use of English from trolls that frequent a pro-Apple site. Let me correct for you:

    "Looks like Apple may be a little full of itself. I hope Samsung wins, it's quite deserved, and what Apple deserves is a kick in the *******."

    Now, I would LOVE a citation as to why you think Samsung deserves to win this suit, accompanied by a summary of what you think the suit is about. I would wager you haven't a clue as to the particulars of the case, read a single brief, nor possess a single compelling business related reason to make such an asinine and grammatically poor statement. On second thought, please don't - your avatar tells me everything I need to know.
    Big time anger issues man..... IF the person you are complaining about is British, they did use proper speech. Not sure why it bothers you so much anyway.

  19. #19
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 19 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pyroemaniac View Post
    It's funny that you call an iPhone hacking site pro apple. Also most people check this site on said iPhones and honestly this site isn't a Classroom and its pretty sad that you feel the need to go to a forum and be condescending.
    So your argument is that people who own iPhones, are not pro-Apple? Interesting marketing perspective you have.

    Further, your closing argument is that my pointing out the atrocious grammar of a random troll, whose entire post was condescending and did not even take the time to cite a reason for his vitriol (which I did)- is somehow inappropriate?

    I'm having a difficult time with your logic.

    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Care factor of your reply = 0

    EXACTLY. There should be competition to keep the market equal but Apple dont know how to play nice and want to dominate it by removing the competition.
    I hope the judge awards Apple NOTHING and fines them heaps for all these bulls*** lawsuits against Samsung.
    You do understand the 'concept' of patents, right? Further, you are aware that Samsung has also filed suit, and that patent litigation, as this is called, is a business tool employed daily by 1000's of companies all over the world as part of free trade and 'fair competition'.

    What business doesn't want to eliminate it's competition? Do you think Samsung isn't trying to do the same thing? Are you aware of a company called Microsoft and it's history of anti-trust suits and unethical business practices? Guess which of the above mentioned companies was on the receiving end of that for years (probably before you were born) - I 'll give you a hint, it's not Samsung.

    Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    Big time anger issues man..... IF the person you are complaining about is British, they did use proper speech. Not sure why it bothers you so much anyway.
    Brother, you have no idea :-) Eight years in an active war zone will do that to you, lol
    Last edited by ishamiyal; 08-17-2012 at 06:04 AM.

  20. #20
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ishamiyal View Post
    So your argument is that people who own iPhones, are not pro-Apple? Interesting marketing perspective you have.

    Further, your closing argument is that my pointing out the atrocious grammar of a random troll, whose entire post was condescending and did not even take the time to cite a reason for his vitriol (which I did)- is somehow inappropriate?

    I'm having a difficult time with your logic.



    You do understand the 'concept' of patents, right? Further, you are aware that Samsung has also filed suit, and that patent litigation, as this is called, is a business tool employed daily by 1000's of companies all over the world as part of free trade and 'fair competition'.

    What business doesn't want to eliminate it's competition? Do you think Samsung isn't trying to do the same thing? Are you aware of a company called Microsoft and it's history of anti-trust suits and unethical business practices? Guess which of the above mentioned companies was on the receiving end of that for years (probably before you were born) - I 'll give you a hint, it's not Samsung.



    Brother, you have no idea :-) Eight years in an active war zone will do that to you, lol
    Do you really think everyone who comes here is "pro-apple" or has an idevice? lulz. and eveyone that has an idevice is "pro apple"? mega lulz.

    He doesn't need to "cite" a reason for his "vitrol", we are on the internet, posting in the comments section of a sh!t tier "news site". This article will be pushed off the front page when a whiff of "apple news" gets leaked out of the a$scrack of some larger blog or aggregator.

    Go out and get laid "brother", maybe you will be a little more mellow if you can lose some of that pent up sexual aggression you are harboring. Perhaps then you will be able to read someones opinion without launching into a 3 paragraph post about their grammar. u ser?

    inb4: I get laid on the regs by war zone supermodels.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts