+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple and Samsung Wearing On Judge, Lobs "Smoking Crack" Remark at Apple's Counsel

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by ishamiyal You know who I want to punch? Your school teachers. Apple, as it is commonly used, is a proper noun, singular. It is the name of
...
  1. #21
    My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    667
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 67 Times in 53 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ishamiyal View Post
    You know who I want to punch? Your school teachers. Apple, as it is commonly used, is a proper noun, singular. It is the name of a single company, and while it may be comprised of many people, as a company it is a singular entity (not a person, a thing). The usage of the word Samsung, as you have attempted it here, falls into the same category of usage. I get so tired of reading this horrendously improper, and frankly ignorant, use of English from trolls that frequent a pro-Apple site. Let me correct for you:

    "Looks like Apple may be a little full of itself. I hope Samsung wins, it's quite deserved, and what Apple deserves is a kick in the *******."

    Now, I would LOVE a citation as to why you think Samsung deserves to win this suit, accompanied by a summary of what you think the suit is about. I would wager you haven't a clue as to the particulars of the case, read a single brief, nor possess a single compelling business related reason to make such an asinine and grammatically poor statement. On second thought, please don't - your avatar tells me everything I need to know.
    Pay no attention to the troll fairy... he/she is an Apple hater who trolls these forums for fun. I don't believe I have ever seen a pro-Apple comment from them. I really get a kick out of people like them who join a forum for an item they despise made by a company they hate. Do what Billy Mays did, just get out the troll spray...

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Apple and Samsung Wearing On Judge, Lobs "Smoking Crack" Remark at Apple's Counsel-troll-spray-22840499824.jpeg  
    Last edited by luvmytj; 08-17-2012 at 08:30 AM.

  2. #22
    The Dude Abides mr117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    595
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 100 Times in 74 Posts

    Someone posts that they want to punch a (pleasant-looking female) judge in the face and then, when called on it, posts "thug life?" What kinds of little children are we dealing with here? Even my high school students (in a poor section of town) wouldn't talk that kind of trash. And it doesn't matter what kind of forum we are on, or how soon this thread gets pushed off into the "bottom of the birdcage."

    There SHOULD be a level of respect and manners here. I know that this is a forum to talk about silliness related to cell phones (pretty lightweight stuff), but we should all at least have basic manners when doing so. Just because no one can see or reach you if they should take umbrage with your comments is no reason to talk trash. You are out in public, and what you say to someone's face should be no different than what you say in an anonymous forum.

    As to grammar and spelling, I'm more than happy to ignore errors, as many people here are using a (to them) foreign language and many others may not have a high level of education, didn't pay attention while in school, or simply feel that, like a text or pm, good rules of grammar don't apply when writing in a public forum. HOWEVER, I do expect writers to make cogent points related to the subject, and to back up those ideas with facts and logic. Simply throwing out thoughts and words with little or no substance does no one here any good. So, in a discussion about a legal trial, the discussion should be about the various moves each side is making, or the relative truth of their claims. Anything else is verbal vomit.

    Oh, and too bad Troll Spray is not real and usable in cyberspace!

  3. #23
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 19 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kadernal View Post
    Do you really think everyone who comes here is "pro-apple" or has an idevice? lulz. and eveyone that has an idevice is "pro apple"? mega lulz.
    Ahhh....another English major... I said this was a pro-Apple site, which it is- find one anti-Apple news post by a site author- I never made any assertion as to the bias of the readers. Then, I asked an entirely different gentleman, if he felt that people that owned an iPhone were were not pro-Apple- I think that one really kind of speaks to itself. mega lulz to yUr re3dinG c0Mpr3hension skilz .

    Quote Originally Posted by kadernal View Post
    He doesn't need to "cite" a reason for his "vitrol", we are on the internet, posting in the comments section of a sh!t tier "news site". This article will be pushed off the front page when a whiff of "apple news" gets leaked out of the a$scrack of some larger blog or aggregator.
    Quite right, he doesn't, and he can expect the kind of response he got from me, as can you- that works both ways, genius.

    Quote Originally Posted by kadernal View Post
    Go out and get laid "brother", maybe you will be a little more mellow if you can lose some of that pent up sexual aggression you are harboring. Perhaps then you will be able to read someones opinion without launching into a 3 paragraph post about their grammar. u ser?

    inb4: I get laid on the regs by war zone supermodels.
    I'm not even certain what to say to this? How old are you, 19? The entire point was that he gave no opinion to back up an absurd statement.

  4. #24
    The Dude Abides mr117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    595
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 100 Times in 74 Posts

    opinion |əˈpɪnjən|
    noun
    1 a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge

    From the Apple dictionary.

    So, your "opinion," while important to you, needs to be backed up by some sort of cogent and/or logical "facts" when you are speaking to other facts referred to in a news story. Otherwise you are just spewing out what you feel, not addressing an actual issue with actual facts. Telling someone to "get laid" because you don't agree with their opinion and/or statements of fact is not, in and of itself, germane to a discussion about legal issues in a court case.

    "He doesn't need to "cite" a reason for his "vitrol", we are on the internet," is the biggest load of garbage I have ever read. Saying something does not make it true, or useful, or relevant. And if you are in a discussion with other people, then you should have the manners and the, dare I say it, brains, to actually engage in a discussion. This is not talk radio, where you can say anything and your loyal followers will accept it because you said it (so it must be true, no matter how ridiculous and NOT true it actually is). This is a public forum without true believers, people who will call you on your crap if, indeed, crap is what you are spewing.

    And, yes, this IS a site for people who own Apple products to talk about Apple products. While it is not a fan site, per se, it is a site for people to factually discuss issues pertaining to the Apple products they own, may decide to purchase, or are interested in. If some troll comes here to denigrate Apple and its products, then s/he IS, indeed, a troll. (Apple dictionary, again: Troll, noun, informal- a provocative email or posting intended to incite an angry response.)

    So, again, if you are here, posting, make your point(s) based on more than just your opinion, keep the personal stuff to yourself, and remember that people are reading what you write and are forming an opinion of what type of person you are based on what you write. They might not know WHO you really are, but they can certainly determine WHAT you really are.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to mr117 For This Useful Post:

    luvmytj (08-17-2012)

  6. #25
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 19 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    opinion |əˈpɪnjən|
    noun
    1 a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge

    From the Apple dictionary.

    So, your "opinion," while important to you, needs to be backed up by some sort of cogent and/or logical "facts" when you are speaking to other facts referred to in a news story. Otherwise you are just spewing out what you feel, not addressing an actual issue with actual facts. Telling someone to "get laid" because you don't agree with their opinion and/or statements of fact is not, in and of itself, germane to a discussion about legal issues in a court case.

    "He doesn't need to "cite" a reason for his "vitrol", we are on the internet," is the biggest load of garbage I have ever read. Saying something does not make it true, or useful, or relevant. And if you are in a discussion with other people, then you should have the manners and the, dare I say it, brains, to actually engage in a discussion. This is not talk radio, where you can say anything and your loyal followers will accept it because you said it (so it must be true, no matter how ridiculous and NOT true it actually is). This is a public forum without true believers, people who will call you on your crap if, indeed, crap is what you are spewing.

    And, yes, this IS a site for people who own Apple products to talk about Apple products. While it is not a fan site, per se, it is a site for people to factually discuss issues pertaining to the Apple products they own, may decide to purchase, or are interested in. If some troll comes here to denigrate Apple and its products, then s/he IS, indeed, a troll. (Apple dictionary, again: Troll, noun, informal- a provocative email or posting intended to incite an angry response.)

    So, again, if you are here, posting, make your point(s) based on more than just your opinion, keep the personal stuff to yourself, and remember that people are reading what you write and are forming an opinion of what type of person you are based on what you write. They might not know WHO you really are, but they can certainly determine WHAT you really are.
    Outstanding sir, I could not have said it better myself. I hope your students appreciate your ability to so eloquently bring relevance to a discussion. -Cheers

  7. #26
    The Dude Abides mr117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    595
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 100 Times in 74 Posts

    Nah- my students just roll their eyes, like most students do. Though they do seem to enjoy my classes.

  8. #27
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 19 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    Nah- my students just roll their eyes, like most students do. Though they do seem to enjoy my classes.
    You never know, I was a terrible student, but there were 2-3 teachers that made a real impact in my life, and 20+ years on, I still talk to them and thank them for all they did.

  9. #28
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    317
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts

    Honestly, both sides are in the wrong here on different issues, Samsung used some of Apples designs, while Apple used some on Samsung's technology patents and both without permission.

    The best solution is to simply call no harm, no foul and move on. Of course they should be required to reimburse the courts for the costs of the judge, bailiffs, stenographer, etc.

  10. #29
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ishamiyal View Post
    that frequent a pro-Apple site
    In a nutshell: "Apple-related" does not equal "pro-Apple." This is a site for Apple-related news and the exchange of information primarily about modifying Apple related devices. It is not a site that outright promotes all things Apple.

  11. #30
    iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    230
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ishamiyal View Post
    You know who I want to punch? Your school teachers. Apple, as it is commonly used, is a proper noun, singular. It is the name of a single company, and while it may be comprised of many people, as a company it is a singular entity (not a person, a thing). The usage of the word Samsung, as you have attempted it here, falls into the same category of usage. I get so tired of reading this horrendously improper, and frankly ignorant, use of English from trolls that frequent a pro-Apple site. Let me correct for you:

    "Looks like Apple may be a little full of itself. I hope Samsung wins, it's quite deserved, and what Apple deserves is a kick in the *******."

    Now, I would LOVE a citation as to why you think Samsung deserves to win this suit, accompanied by a summary of what you think the suit is about. I would wager you haven't a clue as to the particulars of the case, read a single brief, nor possess a single compelling business related reason to make such an asinine and grammatically poor statement. On second thought, please don't - your avatar tells me everything I need to know.
    The fact that you get on here an attack someone personally for giving their opinion tells me a lot about you. You no better than anyone else.

  12. #31
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    _4rM_Pk_
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 9 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ishamiyal View Post
    You know who I want to punch? Your school teachers. Apple, as it is commonly used, is a proper noun, singular. It is the name of a single company, and while it may be comprised of many people, as a company it is a singular entity (not a person, a thing). The usage of the word Samsung, as you have attempted it here, falls into the same category of usage. I get so tired of reading this horrendously improper, and frankly ignorant, use of English from trolls that frequent a pro-Apple site. Let me correct for you:

    "Looks like Apple may be a little full of itself. I hope Samsung wins, it's quite deserved, and what Apple deserves is a kick in the *******."

    Now, I would LOVE a citation as to why you think Samsung deserves to win this suit, accompanied by a summary of what you think the suit is about. I would wager you haven't a clue as to the particulars of the case, read a single brief, nor possess a single compelling business related reason to make such an asinine and grammatically poor statement. On second thought, please don't - your avatar tells me everything I need to know.
    you dumb *** didn't your teacher teach u not to put a comma "," before "and" lol and u correcting others wtf?
    No signature links or spam... only warning

  13. #32
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by PAKIS-RULEZ View Post
    you dumb *** didn't your teacher teach u not to put a comma "," before "and" lol and u correcting others wtf?
    You forgot the "!" After *** and didnt capitalize the "d" in "didn't" and forgot the word "ever" in between "teacher and teach" and you didn't end the sentence after "and" before the "lol" and "u" is spelled "you" in correct grammar. Guess what? I just made an run-on sentence! Yay!
    -= Formally known as SiLeNtKiLLa =-

  14. #33
    Livin the iPhone Life bigboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North East Coast
    Posts
    1,638
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 199 Times in 142 Posts

    So their is a "quota" on the law?? I bet a lot of criminals wish they had her..well everyone im tired and you're all free to go hahahahaha!

  15. #34
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Funny judge, I like her. She makes a valid point.

  16. #35
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 19 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoUniversity View Post
    The fact that you get on here an attack someone personally for giving their opinion tells me a lot about you. You no better than anyone else.
    I attacked a known troll for being a troll. Period. You don't seem to have any problem with 1/2 a dozen other trolls attacking 'me', albeit in a far less eloquent manner. Hypocrisy maybe? Let him defend himself, he doesn't need you if he's so righteous.

  17. #36
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    As much as I enjoy this debate between trolls and intelligent people... this has to stop. If the discussion is not on topic with the news article, it's classified as off-topic and cannot continue. Let's get back on track please and thank you.

  18. #37
    The Dude Abides mr117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    595
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 100 Times in 74 Posts

    Children, children. If you can't play nice together....

  19. #38
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 19 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    As much as I enjoy this debate between trolls and intelligent people... this has to stop. If the discussion is not on topic with the news article, it's classified as off-topic and cannot continue. Let's get back on track please and thank you.
    Okay, okay....heheheh.

  20. #39
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
    Honestly, both sides are in the wrong here on different issues, Samsung used some of Apples designs, while Apple used some on Samsung's technology patents and both without permission.

    The best solution is to simply call no harm, no foul and move on. Of course they should be required to reimburse the courts for the costs of the judge, bailiffs, stenographer, etc.
    Amen!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts