Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'BrowseInApp Lite' A Free Way to Search the Web From Within Apps

Default 'BrowseInApp Lite' A Free Way to Search the Web From Within Apps

Normally when you tap on a link in certain applications – Mail for example – Mobile Safari launches in a whole new process and that means you have to use iOS’ cumbersome multitasking to get back to the application you were just in after viewing the Web page. Luckily, this isn’t the case anymore and you can now view links much more easily.

A new free tweak has surfaced in Cydia called BrowseInApp Lite by iOS developer Alan Yip. It gives you the ability to open links from within the application you’re in without ever getting Mobile Safari or iOS’ multitasking involved in the whole ideal. Instead, links will open the same way they do in the Facebook or Twitter application – in a sheet view rather than a new application.

The sheet view Web browser comes with a back button, forward button, close button, share button, and refresh button. Back, forward, and refresh do their obvious navigation tasks, while the share button lets you open the Web site in Mobile Safari or copy the URL of the Web site to share elsewhere. The close button closes the sheet view Web browser and returns you to your original application where you opened the link from without even having to multitask.

The tweak can be enabled and disabled at any time from the preferences pane, but it has no other options to configure.

BrowseInApp Lite is exactly that, a lite version. Also available in Cydia is a paid version that costs 99˘ and it includes more, such as:
    • More browser options
    • An image viewer
    • Web browser minimization rather than just a close button
    • Four built-in themes
    • The ability to disable the tweak in certain applications

BrowseInApp Lite requires iOS 5 to use. It saves time and feels a whole lot more convenient. It's free, so give it a try and see if you like it – maybe you'll like it enough to grab that paid version!

Name: BrowseInApp Lite
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 5
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Alan Yip
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

So iOS multitasking is "cumbersome"? Since when? This Anthony guy makes me laugh sometimes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by purplemonkeyspank View Post
    So iOS multitasking is "cumbersome"? Since when? This Anthony guy makes me laugh sometimes.
    it's like an infomercial where they make normal tasks seem awful because they want u to think doing the task with their product is sooo much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by purplemonkeyspank View Post
    It's an opinion.

I've never liked Apple's multitasking setup. So I think you can add me to "[t]his Anthony guy" as far as who thinks it is cumbersome. I may give this app a shot.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

I downloaded the full version and yes, it is way faster and easier to use.

I actually like this tweak AND I love Anthony's reviews on assorted tweaks.

Whenever I see a new tweak, I usually log on here and look for his reviews on said tweak.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,012 Posts

I've got to say that this is one of the BEST tweaks that has come out in a long time! Its right up there w/ Callbar in my opinion.

I've seen this on Cydia for a bit and honestly didn't think I would be interested BUT it really is nice to be able to open/close a webpage and stay in the original app. It's especially nice when your in the Maps.app!

I'm pretty critical of tweaks that stay on my phone and I'm gonna buy the full version of this one. Good Job, Dev!!!

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm waiting for the modmyi app to be fixed so I can change the settings to open the links in the app as oppose to safari without the app crashing

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iPod View Post
    I'm waiting for the modmyi app to be fixed so I can change the settings to open the links in the app as oppose to safari without the app crashing
    Really? It's working fine inside the MMI.app for me...
    Last edited by thazsar; 08-16-2012 at 04:58 PM.