+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cellhelmet is Back, This Time With Screen Protectors!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Some of you probably recall our previous giveaway from cellpig, which was the cellhelmet TPU case . The case comes with a one-year guarantee that if your iPhone is harmed
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Cellhelmet is Back, This Time With Screen Protectors!

Some of you probably recall our previous giveaway from cellpig, which was the cellhelmet TPU case. The case comes with a one-year guarantee that if your iPhone is harmed while in the case (excluding water damage), the iPhone could be replaced or repaired by the company.

Cellpig is back with another project that needs a jump-start; now manufacturing screen protectors as well as cases. This means you can double your protection by protecting not only the back of your device, but also the front – a very sensitive area of your iPhone. What’s more is the screen protector comes with the one-year guarantee (for U.S. and Canada residents) that if your iPhone’s screen is scratched while their screen protector is on your device, cellpig will replace your screen for you. You only need to cover handling costs.

Cellpig’s new cellhelmet screen protector is crafted out of PET material, which is the same kind of plastic that makes up the modern plastic water bottle. They’re extremely clear, so there won’t be any issues with screen clarity and they won’t make it any harder to use touch gestures on your screen like some other unnamed screen protectors can. Cellpig even promises no bubbles when applying your screen protector.

Cellpig will be covering a full list of electronic devices including the iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad. Android devices such as smartphones and tablets are included in the list. Cellpig also promises to have screen protectors for the next generation iPhone when it comes out and even for the rumored miniature iPad.

When finally brought into the market, cellpig's screen protectors will retail between $19.99 and $29.99 depending on the device you're buying it for. Cellpig is currently trying to fund the project on Indiegogo. For a guarantee as good as theirs, why not help them out?!

Sources: Indiegogo via Mike Kane of cellpig

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

And how are these different from the $1 protectors I get off eBay? I have the clear ones and they do not distort the images nor are they any harder to use the touch interface. Bubbles are never an issue as well. And they are still a pain to align perfectly or keep small fibers/dust out while you're applying.

Thanks

I'll stick with eBay's screen protectors as well for a $1 they do the job pretty damn good. I'll never spend $20+ on a screen protector.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Thanks

They guarantee your screen for a whole year, whereas with that $1 ebay protector you're basically stymied if you scratch or harm the screen. That is the difference.

A very tough scratch can always get through a screen protector and if you don't have that replacement guarantee, you're going to pay a lot more than $19 to get a new front glass panel.

Thanks
    Can buy a new screen for less👎

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The difference is the bad *** company who doesn't only stand behind it's products, but stands behind what it says its products will do. No other company on earth backs their screen protector with a glass replacement guarantee.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

Truth be told is my i4 hasn't had a screen or back protector for the last 6 months without a case as well and never had a scratch on front or back!
    I always put it in my pocket with nothing else in there.
    Hmm maybe I should put one now in case I jinxed Myself lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

The gorilla glass on the iPhone is already very hard to scratch, my iPhone is 2 years old and both sides are mint. $1 or $20, a protector isn't very necessary in the first place

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SC10E View Post
    The gorilla glass on the iPhone is already very hard to scratch, my iPhone is 2 years old and both sides are mint. $1 or $20, a protector isn't very necessary in the first place
    iphone doesnt have gorilla glass and its very easy to scratch

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy91 View Post
    iphone doesnt have gorilla glass and its very easy to scratch
    Yes it doesn't have Gorilla glass per se but it is aluminosilicate glass which is made by Corning.

Gorilla glass is the brand name for Corning, so maybe it does maybe it doesn't?

This subject has been debated many times over and wasn't there a mention in Jobs book about it being Gorilla glass? I could be wrong but...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Dannyrocket you are right, my mistake.

As for eddy91, blatantly arguing what I said with no backing isn't very smart. they ARE NOT easy to scratch, I own one and I would know.

Thanks

As for eddy91, blatantly arguing what I said with no backing isn't very smart. they ARE NOT easy to scratch, I own one and I would know.
    Still scratching my head over the "easy to scratch" comment. Lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I love my otterbox's built in screen protector. Easy to take out dust and dirt.

Thanks

My iPhone has never been dropped, roughly handled, or scratched with a sharp object and I have a magical scratch that appears to have come from nowhere. I can't even recall how it got there. If easy handling scratches your glass, I'd be afraid to claim it's not easy to scratch.

Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,503 Times in 895 Posts

No good for us who live in the uk

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

I got friends who dropped their i4's smash em on impact. I've personally dropped mine a few times ... Idiotically. I have some scratches but never cracked it ... Luck I guess

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    My iPhone has never been dropped, roughly handled, or scratched with a sharp object and I have a magical scratch that appears to have come from nowhere. I can't even recall how it got there. If easy handling scratches your glass, I'd be afraid to claim it's not easy to scratch.

Obviously you did something to have you're screen or back scratched.
    Scratches don't "magically" appear!
    LOL

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Will they get funded on indiegogo is the question? Haven't looked yet so don't know what level of funding they're at yet but they shoulda put it on kickstarter instead. Indiegogos site just atrocious lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dannyrocket View Post
    Obviously you did something to have you're screen or back scratched.
    Scratches don't "magically" appear!
    LOL
    Well yeah, obviously. It might not have even been me. It just goes to show that they can happen no matter how careful you are.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

pro tip when applying any protector: get some scotch tape. Use it to pick up any dust/hair/whatever that gets caught on the screen or cover without leaving any residue.