Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: More Clues from Korean Carriers That New iPhone is LTE Ready

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by back2thebeatof84 View Post
    1. Ditto.

2. It's not an iPhone 5
    iPhone 5 = 6th Gen .. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Host_Killer View Post
    No offense... But it would be suicide of a device to be released without LTE. It's bad enough the 4S wasn't LTE.
    If the only option was to have LTE for the US market, then it would be suicide for the iPhone in the rest of the world. Better to wait until it can support worldwide LTE

Quote Originally Posted by skodwarde View Post
    so for those of us who are grandfathered into an unlimited 3G plan, getting a 4G LTE plan is gonna cap my data right?
    This is only true on Verizon right now.

If you're on AT&T they are still letting you keep your unlimited when you go to 4G (though you have a 5GB soft cap).

Quote Originally Posted by skodwarde View Post
    so for those of us who are grandfathered into an unlimited 3G plan, getting a 4G LTE plan is gonna cap my data right?
    That's what I'm really concerned about. My $20 unlimited plan was increased when I got the 3GS and I'm pretty sure they'll do the same for the next upgrade, but I won't get any more data, I'll just get it faster. Which opens the door to busting whatever cap is in place and paying even more. In the end, I look at LTE as nothing more than another way for the carriers to bend me over.

Tario - any word on a price hike for us grandfathered unlimited people like they did for 3G data upgrade?
    Last edited by iPhonePutz; 08-15-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    If the only option was to have LTE for the US market, then it would be suicide for the iPhone in the rest of the world. Better to wait until it can support worldwide LTE
    The amount of different E-UTRA bands such an iPhone would have to support to have decent global coverage is ludicrous. The price of such a radio chip would throw the iPhone out of the market totally, assuming such a single chip exists and can be mass-produced at sufficient yields. Never mind how much voltage that chip would require to operate on all those frequencies.

Apple might be able to get away with a global LTE phone with ten bands (I [2100 IMT], III [900 GSM], VII [2600 IMT-E], VIII [800 GSM], X [superset of IV, 1700/2100 AWS], XII [Lower A/B/C 700], XIII [Upper C 700], XX [800 "EU Digital Dividend"], XXV [superset of II, 1900 PCS], XXVI[superset of V, 850 Cellular and XVIII, 1850 ESMR]). The current iPhone has four GSM bands, five UTMS bands, and two CDMA bands. Adding ten more to that... not an easy feat.

Unless Qualcomm has done some major baseband voodoo, or Apple is content to have at least four regional iPhone models with four different baseband configurations, we're probably not going to see "One LTE/CDMA/GSM iPhone (or any phone) To Rule Them All" for at least eighteen more months.

If there's anyone that could pull it off, though, it's probably Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    iPhone 5 = 6th Gen .. Lol
    No.
    That would be the iPhone 5S

Will that be Tmobile Compatible 4G ? Or Tmobile Data bandwidth still in the odds ?

Quote Originally Posted by iPhonePutz View Post
    That's what I'm really concerned about. My $20 unlimited plan was increased when I got the 3GS and I'm pretty sure they'll do the same for the next upgrade, but I won't get any more data, I'll just get it faster. Which opens the door to busting whatever cap is in place and paying even more. In the end, I look at LTE as nothing more than another way for the carriers to bend me over.

Tario - any word on a price hike for us grandfathered unlimited people like they did for 3G data upgrade?
    As far as I've been able to read, with AT&T, the price stays at $30 for unlimited (5 GB soft-cap) 4G. Unlike Verizon, AT&T does not appear to be forcing people over to their share plans or forcing someone to change plans if they get a new phone with the subsidy. This could all change with the a new iPhone, though, so I guess we'll find out in September. Personally, I'm going to hang on to my unlimited as long as possible, however, I plan on getting the new iPhone as my launch day 3GS is a bit long in the tooth.

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    No.
    That would be the iPhone 5S
    I don't think you understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tario70 View Post
    As far as I've been able to read, with AT&T, the price stays at $30 for unlimited (5 GB soft-cap) 4G. Unlike Verizon, AT&T does not appear to be forcing people over to their share plans or forcing someone to change plans if they get a new phone with the subsidy. This could all change with the a new iPhone, though, so I guess we'll find out in September. Personally, I'm going to hang on to my unlimited as long as possible, however, I plan on getting the new iPhone as my launch day 3GS is a bit long in the tooth.
    With a 3gs? That is when you definitely have to update. That device will be puked out by Apple soon. In keeping up with Apple tech, it is always best to not go further than 2 generations behind if you can't get the latest. (Like me)

My bro just got galaxy s3 today
    I think apple should release wonderful iphone
    Iphone5 vs. galaxy s3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12