+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sprint Sweetens The Deal for iPhone 4S and Apple Matches The Price with Store Credit

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Sprint Sweetens The Deal for iPhone 4S and Apple Matches The Price with Store Credit

Sprint seems to be giving away a $100 pre-paid card to new iPhone 4S buyers and Business Insider has confirmed that Apple will be matching the ideal by offering Apple Store credit for the same amount. The new incentive is the second that Sprint seems to be offering in the recent weeks as the next-generation iPhone is expected to be announced on September 12. The promotions that Sprint and other wireless carriers are running seems to have prompted Apple to do the same by matching iPhone pricing from major resellers.

Just last week, Sprint slashed the price of Apple’s iPhone 4S to $149 not including a $36 activation fee waiver. This move was then followed by other sellers including Target and Best Buy. Apple reportedly instructed its stores to match the discount prices being offered by the major retailers, limited to $49 for the iPhone 4 and $149 for the iPhone 4S.

Sprint has effectively dwindled down the price of buying an iPhone 4S to $50 with all the promotions it’s been running. If you add up the $100 American Express pre-paid card, $149 discount, activation fee waiver and free shipping, the price moves down to a very reasonable $50. It should be noted that there are stipulations though. For example, the gift card bonus is online only and expires on August 26th, so you have to spend it sooner rather than later.

As of right now, it’s unclear if Apple will continue to offer the store credits after Sprint’s sale ends but we’d expect Apple’s price matching to stop simultaneously as well.

Source: Business Insider via Apple Insider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Nice!

Banned
    Thanks

Shapoopy!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,604 Times in 778 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    Shapoopy!
    Hahahahaha....WHAT!?!?! :-)

Thanks

That's pretty pathetic of Sprint to try to bribe new customers to sign up with them when their data network is not existant. Where are the laws when you need them? Anyone who goes to Sprint...for ANY smartphones are just plain fools, period! Let Sprint go bankrupt, that's what they need!
    "Don't hold it like that!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone soidroidios's Avatar
    Thanks

It's a pretty big lure for impatient people that are too hungry to get an iphone right now. Luckily, I won't be swayed. The new one is coming, and only a fool will buy the old one now

Thanks
    Thanked 2,624 Times in 1,027 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soidroidios View Post
    It's a pretty big lure for impatient people that are too hungry to get an iphone right now. Luckily, I won't be swayed. The new one is coming, and only a fool will buy the old one now
    Such a horrible statement. I tell people to buy the iPhone 4 over the iPhone 4s. And will tell people to buy the 4s over the 5. From what I've heard and seen. Not a lot of reasons to buy a iPhone5

iPhone? More like MyPhone soidroidios's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Them3this View Post
    Such a horrible statement. I tell people to buy the iPhone 4 over the iPhone 4s. And will tell people to buy the 4s over the 5. From what I've heard and seen. Not a lot of reasons to buy a iPhone5
    Sorry. I will tone it down a bit.
    But I got curious, why would you tell someone to get the lower end device?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,624 Times in 1,027 Posts

Lower end in what way? I don't justify paying the extra cash for a phone that is literally the same exact thing as what I have. Maybe if they redid the body, made some ACTUAL changes I would buy it. But I don't care how crisp my games look on my phone. And the whole 1/4 inch of a screen really doesn't make me wanna jump out and get one.

I'd rather spend 50$ on a 4s and then wait for the devs to make all the tweaks for it so it has all the software features if the five.

But hardware wise. It's not interesting to me.

Thanks

It will not work..that's the sad part. Sprint is KNOWN for horrible service..just the same as TMo used to. Its as easy as upgrading their network(yes it takes millions) I mean if you can't compete with the billion dollar network club then close your doors haha!

Green Apple
    Thanks

"ideal" in the first sentence of the article made me laugh.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    That's pretty pathetic of Sprint to try to bribe new customers to sign up with them when their data network is not existant. Where are the laws when you need them? Anyone who goes to Sprint...for ANY smartphones are just plain fools, period! Let Sprint go bankrupt, that's what they need!
    sprint data is fine and I get true unlimited date yes i admit it can be slow at times no throttling bs tho but that your opinion.have fun with being told on how much data u can use a month.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Probably because by the time the newer/advanced version comes out the lower end devices will be cheaper

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eonhpi View Post
    sprint data is fine and I get true unlimited date yes i admit it can be slow at times no throttling bs tho but that your opinion.have fun with being told on how much data u can use a month.
    Sprint data is NOT "fine", try having a look on their forums where almost 1 MILLION views and almost 4K in posts on a thread about data being dead not just on the iPhone but any smartphone period!

I had them in January and barely got 56K upload speeds and got 0 download speeds, so don't tell me it's "fine!"
    "Don't hold it like that!"