Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Forrester: Mobile Banking Will Continue To Grow in Both U.S. and Europe

Thanks

Default Forrester: Mobile Banking Will Continue To Grow in Both U.S. and Europe

According to a recently released report by Forrester Research, mobile banking is growing both here in the United States as well as overseas in Europe. The report states that by 2017, mobile banking will be used by 108 million people in the United States or about 46% of those holding bank accounts in the United States. As of right now, only about 13% of account holders in the United States and 9% of European bank account holders have taken advantage of mobile banking services. Forrester firmly believes that these numbers will grow greatly in the next few years.

If you take a moment to think about it, mobile banking various services continue to grow in terms of features as well as in numbers and ease of use. Banks today seem to have apps that let you deposit checks by just pictures of them, or transferring money from one account to another with just a few taps. As time passes by, services such as these will get even easier to use and will probably be more secure, meaning more and more users will find mobile banking attractive. Another thing that canít be overlooked is the fact that smartphones continue to grow exponentially too, which in turn means that more people will likely use smartphones for shopping and trading money. This goes hand-to-hand with mobile banking as well.

Do you currently take advantage of mobile banking apps? If not, do you plan to in the future? I imagine that it will continue to catch on and grow exponentially with time.

Source: Forrester Research via TechCrunch

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I'm always using my bank of America app, I use it to deposit my checks using my camera and also check my balance. I find the app very useful!
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Chase is in my home screen!

I'd just like to add that this guys account balances are oddly similar to mine.

That is all.

First Republic (best bank out there for customer service) for me after they finally got their stuff together in offering Mobile Check Deposit.

Dam who has 80k in there account? Wish is was me

He must have used my acct for screen shots.

I do ALL my banking on my iPhone...I even pay BOTH of my school bills. Love it love it love it.

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    He must have used my acct for screen shots.
    If that's true then its a major privacy breach! We can sue them!

no way it will continue to grow!? i thought no one would like an easier solution to banking... these analysts are over paid and over advertised they point out things any consumer with half a brain could..

Thanks

I think its natural progression. The more we depend on our smart phones/mobile devices, the more we find ways to make daily tasks easier via the device. Just like NFC(when it finally comes to a store near us will be much easier than carrying a wallet, passport etc. We will all benefit with time and ease of use. Time will tell.