+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Enormous Chart-O-Patents Breaks Down All the Devices and Patents in Apple V. Samsung

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
...
  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,342
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 79 Times in 46 Posts

    Default Enormous Chart-O-Patents Breaks Down All the Devices and Patents in Apple V. Samsung



    The Apple v. Samsung case firmly planted in tech news for the last couple weeks has resulted into some incredible insight to Apple’s inner-workings, as well as some interesting courtroom fireworks.

    But, what is it all about? Patents can be incredibly confusing and when the courtroom battle involves multiple patents and over 30 devices things get smoggier than a doomsday LA sunset. Which is why Apple included this handy-dandy chart which spells out which patents Apple believes Samsung’s devices are infringing upon.

    Apple included the chart with damages claim Apple wants Samsung to pay. The damages are $2.5 billion in case you wanted to know. Apple lawyer Terry Musika broke down the $2.5 billion number in court today explaining how much money Apple might have brought in from missed sales and patent royalties.

    Unfortunately for Apple their massive chart is already out of date as U.S. Judge Lucy Koh dropped three of the phones mentioned—the Galaxy Ace, Galaxy S (i9000) and Galaxy S (i9100)— shortly after Apple submitted the chart into evidence.

    Click here for a larger version of the chart.

    Source: CNET

  2. #2
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,582
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    Why couldn't Samsuck try and make their own designs instead of rip of Apple?
    HTC and Sony can do it. Samsuck are pure jealous, the only reason their products sell more than other Android devices because they're so similar to Apple devices.

  3. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone WaLLy3K's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    118
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts

    You'd think that if someone at Apple made that chart, that they'd at least portray an accurate picture of the iPhone 3G considering that it doesn't have support for wallpapers in iOS 4.

    Maybe they jailbroke it

  4. #4
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    69
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Why couldn't Samsuck try and make their own designs instead of rip of Apple?
    HTC and Sony can do it. Samsuck are pure jealous, the only reason their products sell more than other Android devices because they're so similar to Apple devices.
    Typically I do not respond to iPhone drones when they make noise with their mouth (metaphorically speaking of course) but that demands a response.

    Most of the so-called "offending patents" are colors, shapes, and what the industry calls "a standard". Since when does a company need to patent shapes and colors? To use an apt metaphor, if a "Company A" filed patents on devices with back support and vertical elevation...they would have the right to sue any chair maker in the world for "violating their patent". Apple is simply lawsuit crazy

    You call them Samsuck...I call them revolutionary. The fact of the matter is, Apple, and all of their Drones, are peeved off that Samsung did what Apple did...take an existing product and make it better. Apple is big on claiming how it "Revolutionized the Smartphone and Tablet industry". Samsung is simply taking the next step in making faster, thinner, and more sturdy devices in greater supply, and variation on a better OS. Samsung doesn't treat the consumer like identical Drones (like Apple has already turned you into) where everything must look the same.

    Apple simply has to accept the fact that they are now past history in the face of the industry...and they cannot sue everyone to stay as top dog. If Apple wants to strike back...give us more revolutionary advancements. Otherwise...they can quietly go into the night...

  5. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,139
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 87 Times in 71 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    HTC and Sony can do it.
    Apple also filed lawsuits against HTC. Learn your Apple lawsuits before trying to protecting it, that should take a while.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    798
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 74 Times in 47 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LivesForJihad View Post
    Typically I do not respond to iPhone drones when they make noise with their mouth (metaphorically speaking of course) but that demands a response.

    Most of the so-called "offending patents" are colors, shapes, and what the industry calls "a standard". Since when does a company need to patent shapes and colors? To use an apt metaphor, if a "Company A" filed patents on devices with back support and vertical elevation...they would have the right to sue any chair maker in the world for "violating their patent". Apple is simply lawsuit crazy

    You call them Samsuck...I call them revolutionary. The fact of the matter is, Apple, and all of their Drones, are peeved off that Samsung did what Apple did...take an existing product and make it better. Apple is big on claiming how it "Revolutionized the Smartphone and Tablet industry". Samsung is simply taking the next step in making faster, thinner, and more sturdy devices in greater supply, and variation on a better OS. Samsung doesn't treat the consumer like identical Drones (like Apple has already turned you into) where everything must look the same.

    Apple simply has to accept the fact that they are now past history in the face of the industry...and they cannot sue everyone to stay as top dog. If Apple wants to strike back...give us more revolutionary advancements. Otherwise...they can quietly go into the night...
    Nicely said.
    It's what I've been saying this whole time but I dont say it as nice.
    My view is Apple like to make clones and want everyone's devices to look the same the way APPLE want it NOT the way YOU want it even that its now YOUR device Apple still want a hold over it.
    AND instead of making a better device they sue the competition. They see Samsung as the only competition as they do make a better device so instead of making a better iPad/iPhone they sue them and get the competition removed so Apple can stay at the top. They DON'T deserve to be at the top with the way they do business. It's NOT the smart way. You DON'T patent every little thing knowing that others have in the past and will in the future use that same design. They are total P***KS with their patents. So Samsung cant make a device with round edges? WTF? Or the edge cant be black? Again WTF Apple? And how many times have you browsed the internet and used the scroll bar on the right to scroll down. Well Samsung cant make that scroll bar anymore. Its been part of internet browsers for ever and now Apple own that patent so Samsung cant put in a scrollbar in their internet browser.

    Apple don't have a clue how to do good business and hopefully they will go bankrupt and it'll all be their own fault. I know it wont happen as there are already too many clones out there and people are too stupid and keep buying Apple products. I know I did, I'm stupid for buying them too. BUT I do also buy the competitions products and actually prefer them. Like a lot of people I know we only buy Apple products AFTER they can be jailbroken and only because we already own too many apps.
    Think about it. If we all stopped buying Apple products then they wont have any money to sue the competition and they will have no choice but to make a better device of they wanted to stay alive in this industry. Thats what we need to do but as I said there are too many stupid people buying Apple products for that to happen.

  7. #7
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,088
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 35 Times in 29 Posts

    To the apple haters.

    How is apple trying to make all the phones the same when they are banning phones that look like theirs? You guys flaw your logic you say you want innovative products if Samsung was being innovative they would have used technology that Apple didn't patent. You guys want more variety of products not just iPhones then why favor Samsung for copying them?

    Sure apple didn't deserve some patents but if Samsung was as innovative as you say they would have figured out a way to make a great phone that doesn't violate the patents.

  8. #8
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 49 Times in 34 Posts

    LivesforJihad... [...]
    You call them Samsuck...I call them revolutionary. The fact of the matter is, Apple, and all of their Drones, are peeved off that Samsung did what Apple did...take an existing product and make it better. Apple is big on claiming how it "Revolutionized the Smartphone and Tablet industry".
    Exhibit A: You call Samsung revolutionary for doing what Apple did...."take an existing product and make it better"....? What "product" exactly are you reffering to? There was nothing to improve upon before the iPhone, because... there was no "existing product" before the iPhone!! There was no template for Apple to work off of (or in Samsungs case, blatantly copy) when designing the iPhone, it was something completely new.

    Exhibit B: You consider Gameloft revolutionary. You must...using your flawed logic. After all, they do EXACTLY what Samsung does....Take another persons idea/design (games in their case), make a couple of tiny, surface level tweaks, then release it as their own, claiming they thought up the whole thing themselves!

    Exhibit C: "Apple is big on claiming how it "Revolutionized the Smartphone and Tablet industry"" Hmmm, where do I start on this one....Oh wait, i got it...Apple did not only revolutionize....they CREATED a industry! There was no real "industry" for tablets before the iPad came along. It was a....niche...at best...a small one.

    Exhibit D: Your user name is "LivesForJihad"...... and yet you make fun of people for being "drones", implying they are stupid for all thinking alike, and blindly following Apple while having no mind of their own .........Little ironic, don't you think?
    Last edited by Orby; 08-14-2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Keep it clean...

  9. #9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    LivesforJihad...

    Exhibit A: You call Samsung revolutionary for doing what Apple did...."take an existing product and make it better"....? What "product" exactly are you reffering to? There was nothing to improve upon before the iPhone, because... there was no "existing product" before the iPhone!! There was no template for Apple to work off of (or in Samsungs case, blatantly copy) when designing the iPhone, it was something completely new.

    Exhibit B: You consider Gameloft revolutionary. You must...using your flawed logic. After all, they do EXACTLY what Samsung does....Take another persons idea/design (games in their case), make a couple of tiny, surface level tweaks, then release it as their own, claiming they thought up the whole thing themselves!

    Exhibit C: "Apple is big on claiming how it "Revolutionized the Smartphone and Tablet industry"" Hmmm, where do I start on this one....Oh wait, i got it...Apple did not only revolutionize....they CREATED a industry! There was no real "industry" for tablets before the iPad came along. It was a....niche...at best...a small one.

    Exhibit D: Your user name is "LivesForJihad"...... and yet you make fun of people for being "drones", implying they are stupid for all thinking alike, and blindly following Apple while having no mind of their own .........Little ironic, don't you think?
    So now there are no smartphones before the iphone? With no round edges? Where are you from? On earth there are smartphones with round edges before 2007, sure they're not black shiny square thing, but they have round edges and they are [...] smartphones with right scrollbars on this so called web browser.

    It's either you hibernated until the glory days of apple or you don't know history. Apple products are beautiful yet stupid. Androids are for power users and iphones are for low level users.
    Last edited by Orby; 08-14-2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Language, please...

  10. #10
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by CarlDeanCatabay View Post
    So now there are no smartphones before the iphone? With no round edges? Where are you from? On earth there are smartphones with round edges before 2007, sure they're not black shiny square thing, but they have round edges and they are [...] smartphones with right scrollbars on this so called web browser.

    It's either you hibernated until the glory days of apple or you don't know history. Apple products are beautiful yet stupid. Androids are for power users and iphones are for low level users.
    You're 100% right in the first paragragh.
    Last edited by Orby; 08-14-2012 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Cleaning the quote.

  11. #11
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LivesForJihad View Post
    Typically I do not respond to iPhone drones when they make noise with their mouth (metaphorically speaking of course) but that demands a response.

    Most of the so-called "offending patents" are colors, shapes, and what the industry calls "a standard". Since when does a company need to patent shapes and colors? To use an apt metaphor, if a "Company A" filed patents on devices with back support and vertical elevation...they would have the right to sue any chair maker in the world for "violating their patent". Apple is simply lawsuit crazy

    You call them Samsuck...I call them revolutionary. The fact of the matter is, Apple, and all of their Drones, are peeved off that Samsung did what Apple did...take an existing product and make it better. Apple is big on claiming how it "Revolutionized the Smartphone and Tablet industry". Samsung is simply taking the next step in making faster, thinner, and more sturdy devices in greater supply, and variation on a better OS. Samsung doesn't treat the consumer like identical Drones (like Apple has already turned you into) where everything must look the same.

    Apple simply has to accept the fact that they are now past history in the face of the industry...and they cannot sue everyone to stay as top dog. If Apple wants to strike back...give us more revolutionary advancements. Otherwise...they can quietly go into the night...
    You are clearly misguided in so many ways. It's obvious that you all do not understand the science behind patents, and for that matter trademarks or even copyrights. But in the hence of patents.... A chair was spoken of, with back support and vertical elevation and the right for other companies to make a chair based on these patent filings. Well sir.... A patent does not PREVENT an company from creating something of the same stature because its patented. By the creator issuing an license to others that will allow them the ability to create an like product is fair and legal. I'm sure any major furniture company has some sort of patent licenses in which they abide by and pay royalties to use such formation in their products. That's the same thing that goes here in this dispute between Apple and Samsung. Because there are millions of like products in the world does not mean they don't follow the same guidelines that allow them to legally sale an like product such as a chair and it also doesn't mean it is a standard.

    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Nicely said.
    It's what I've been saying this whole time but I dont say it as nice.
    My view is Apple like to make clones and want everyone's devices to look the same the way APPLE want it NOT the way YOU want it even that its now YOUR device Apple still want a hold over it.
    AND instead of making a better device they sue the competition. They see Samsung as the only competition as they do make a better device so instead of making a better iPad/iPhone they sue them and get the competition removed so Apple can stay at the top. They DON'T deserve to be at the top with the way they do business. It's NOT the smart way. You DON'T patent every little thing knowing that others have in the past and will in the future use that same design. They are total P***KS with their patents. So Samsung cant make a device with round edges? WTF? Or the edge cant be black? Again WTF Apple? And how many times have you browsed the internet and used the scroll bar on the right to scroll down. Well Samsung cant make that scroll bar anymore. Its been part of internet browsers for ever and now Apple own that patent so Samsung cant put in a scrollbar in their internet browser.

    Apple don't have a clue how to do good business and hopefully they will go bankrupt and it'll all be their own fault. I know it wont happen as there are already too many clones out there and people are too stupid and keep buying Apple products. I know I did, I'm stupid for buying them too. BUT I do also buy the competitions products and actually prefer them. Like a lot of people I know we only buy Apple products AFTER they can be jailbroken and only because we already own too many apps.
    Think about it. If we all stopped buying Apple products then they wont have any money to sue the competition and they will have no choice but to make a better device of they wanted to stay alive in this industry. Thats what we need to do but as I said there are too many stupid people buying Apple products for that to happen.
    You sir.... Well.... You just need a hug. Understand what the patent battles are about and then speak. It's not just about it being black, with round edges and scroll bars. It's the uniformity and design of the round edges around majority of screen space. And I myself haven't seen where there was a color battle in this dispute, maybe I missed that, but as far as the scroll bars.... It's not about the scroll bar being in place, it's about the look and feel of the scroll bar itself. It's not static to the screen, it only appears when scrolling and disappears when done and has an bounce effect in which no device had prior to the iPhone. You guys need to know how much coding things like this must take and time spent to develop something that looks so simple to do but in reality it's not. And for someone to just take your created technology and place it in there's without a thought of their own coding is wrong and that's why we are where we are today.

    Today I would like for you to go to work, put your Heart and Soul into your job today. Make it the best day you have ever had, but allow me to earn your check next week, or better yet, I'll just take it and let's see how you'll feel about it? Will you be more upset because you can't pay one of your bills or more upset because you worked hard for that money and it was taken? I'm curious...
    Last edited by iBanks; 08-14-2012 at 06:22 AM.
    -= Formally known as SiLeNtKiLLa =-

  12. #12
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 49 Times in 34 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by CarlDeanCatabay View Post
    On earth there are smartphones with round edges before 2007, sure they're not black shiny square thing, but they have round edges and they are fcuking smartphones with right scrollbars on this so called web browser.

    Apple products are beautiful yet stupid. Androids are for power users and iphones are for low level users.
    Haha!! So...let me get this right. The main attributes that make the iPhone the..... iPhone (the device virtually all tech companies have attempted to emulate ever since its release) are 1. Shiny black round edges...2. Right scrollbars on a so called web browser. Gotcha.... You really proved your point there!! Why don't u have another drink to celebrate!

    The only type of person that would make a comment as ignorant as "Androids are for power users and iphones are for low level users" is a VERY low level user himself, who doesn't realize there is this thing called jailbreaking...which forces you to have at least some tech savy in order to obtain complete control over your phone...Most likely the reason you don't have a iPhone, to much work right!?

    And when you say "power users"...your talking about people who can't afford a iPhone, or are waiting for the next iPhone to come out....cuz those r really the only Android people i know.
    El Zurdo

  13. #13
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    LivesforJihad.....


    Exhibit A: You call Samsung revolutionary for doing what Apple did...."take an existing product and make it better"....? What "product" exactly are you reffering to? There was nothing to improve upon before the iPhone, because... there was no "existing product" before the iPhone!! There was no template for Apple to work off of (or in Samsungs case, blatantly copy) when designing the iPhone, it was something completely new.
    I guess you forgot that IBM, Palm and Blackberry was around first in creating the "smartphone" heck even IBM had a touch screen first in 1993 for their Simon phone. Please do some research first when claiming a phone had no prior templates to work off of. Palm Pilot would probably be the first device that created the PDA industry in 1996.

  14. #14
    Livin the iPhone Life bigboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North East Coast
    Posts
    1,678
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 217 Times in 149 Posts

    Looks like Microsoft is doing it right and paying for licenses via Apple for their new phone designs. If you wanna copy you have to pay. Its been the standard for years. Samsung thinks they can do it and get away with it. Nope not going to happen!

  15. #15
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by moch5 View Post
    I guess you forgot that IBM, Palm and Blackberry was around first in creating the "smartphone" heck even IBM had a touch screen first in 1993 for their Simon phone...
    Please learn to read and UNDERSTAND what you're reading before you reply. Did anyone but a very small percentage of people cared about having a "smartphone" back then? We're talking about high volume usage. Not many people really used a "smartphone" back then. They were big, clunky, and did not work well at all. My Windows Mobile would freeze many times during normal usage and it was slow. My Palm Pilot was a nice niche product until it just got too tiresome to input stuff. While I used these products, not many people were. But things have changed since the iPhone came. Virtually everyone I see has some type of smartphone or a tablet. And I can tell you this all started in June 2006.

    But think about this: Samsung claims Apple "took" technology from someone else... IF that was true, what's it matter to Samsung? They are simply copying them! Bottom line is Samsung is copying somebody, whether it's Apple or Palm or IBM or whoever "invented" the pinch zoom, bounce, scroll, whatever, Samsung is still copying, not innovating. So EVEN IF they prove Apple copied stuff from other companies, does it matter? Shouldn't they be proving that they "created" them instead of saying "well, Apple copied it from someone else!" All that still points to Samsung coping somebody. No innovation what so ever.

  16. #16
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 49 Times in 34 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by moch5 View Post
    I guess you forgot that IBM, Palm and Blackberry was around first in creating the "smartphone" heck even IBM had a touch screen first in 1993 for their Simon phone. Please do some research first when claiming a phone had no prior templates to work off of. Palm Pilot would probably be the first device that created the PDA industry in 1996.
    I was waiting for one of these lame replies...

    Yes, we have all heard this BORING argument before.....Technically... "smartphones" existed before the iPhone...But what were they exactly? To sum it up quickly: ugly, slow, ugly, unappealing, unresponsive, and BORING. They had a app store though right!?!? Noooooo, nothing. That is what a "smartphone" WAS!

    This is why I'm not talking about "smartphones"...I'm talking about the iPHONE. If they (IBM, Palm, [enter irrelevant company name here]) had created what Apple did....before the iPhone... we might be holding it in our hands right now...but the simple fact is...they did not, so we are not.

    In reality, the two were completely different (until Samsung started making iPhone clones....NOT "smartphone" clones) and calling them "smartphones".

    So why arent we talking about Palm's or IBMs "smartphone" now? Because.....sadly....they sucked. It's no coincidence that the iPhone exploded onto the scene.

    Apple and its iPhone set a new standard for practically every electronics device on the planet, and had EVERYONE wanting one. No one wanted a "smartphone", they wanted a iPhone. Just like no one wants some tablet, they want a iPad! (Like Cartman in the iPad South Park episode)

    I'm just curious......do people REALLY not remember this?? The iPhone revolution was the tech equivalent of the Beatles coming to America!! What is wrong with people?!
    El Zurdo

  17. #17
    iPhone? More like MyPhone zeppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Default Rest In Peace Apple A Good Company but Filthy Greedy Management
    I 'used' to just love Apple and everything Apple and they could almost do no wrong for over a decade. Apple seemed to do everything right while they brought the company back from the brink of bankruptcy starting in the mid 90's.

    Linux is a passion of mine. I remember early on when Linux was being ported to every piece of hardware during this time. Steve Jobs, after seeing one of his upper members of management install a Linux distribution on an Apple office computer, then got on a plane to meet with Sony Executives in Japan to source PC hardware which would later become the platform for Apple. A PC that runs the FreeBSD distro of Linux/Unix and sell it as an Apple computer running OSX.

    Well times have now changed. Apple no longer wants the 'free-market forces' to work in the same way that allowed Apple to make a stellar comeback and once again allow Apple to compete for consumer dollars.

    Since their comeback, Apple has chosen a monopolistic predatory patent acquisition and litigation path made possible because Apple has prostituted the U.S. patent system. Apple has constantly sued competitor companies over a multitude of obvious and dubious patents for the primary purpose of Apple having almost no competition.

    Most of these obvious and dubious Apple acquired patents should never have been granted but Apple's money must have found it's way into the right pockets at the patent office. If competitor companies who hold more patents than Apple would have sued Apple in the way that Apple has sued others, then the iPhone would have never made it to the marketplace.

    Along comes Android. Look up the story of Android before Google acquired Android. The whole story is about Linux on the phone and Linux on portable devices. The Apple iPhone is just an extension of the Android project to put Linux on a phone.

    Android was first to put Linux on the phone while Apple, with the help of Samsung and others, was the first to bring the Linux on the phone product to the market and called it an iPhone. Now Apple wants no competition. Why Apple? Why not rise above the competition with even better products and designs?

    So much of the litigation and lawsuits by Apple have been for the purpose of closing the marketplace to non-Apple products and non-Apple designs. The public in the US and at large worldwide have been harmed. Court judgements and settlements require that competitive products made by companies other than Apple are to be banned from import and sale.

    Companies that want to compete against Apple devices have been ordered to cripple their hardware and software features solely because Apple may have acquired a dubious patent on such things as rectangular shape, round buttons, popup menus, auto-correct, swipe to unlock, the list goes on and is transparently ridiculous.

    If this kind of patent-trolling followed by incessant law-suits by Apple were allowed to become the standard, then the freedom of choice and purchasing options for technology devices for consumers would allow Apple to become the sole super-power company for portable devices such as phones and tablets.

    With almost no competition, Apple could and would inflate the pricing on their products as they have already done because no real alternatives could legally exist due to Apple having a monopolistic stranglehold on patents, court remedies and the marketplace.

    So imagine a world in which Apple had always made cars, microwaves, televisions, appliances, aircraft etc. Well you get the idea, it would be a dark world, and a cruel marketplace with panoptic global control by Apple alone. Only crippled limited inferior non-Apple consumer products would be allowed to exist. Competitors to Apple would face massive litigation and lawsuits from the Apple corporate executives and armies of Apple lawyers. A truly sad world for sure if Apple ran it.

    So in our current system where Apple is already a super corporation that has successfully used the legal system to crush consumer choices and limit competition why could I ever buy another Apple product and add even more dollars to further Apple's global domination attempt in the phone and tablet market?

    Apple has gone beyond the point of redemption with all of their lawsuits against fair-market competitors. Apple strives to limit real competition and therefore limits choices and harms all consumers. The Apple management team is infested with greed-driven individuals who gobble up the festering ill-gained profits while monopolizing the market-place.

    I want to once again love everything Apple still but cannot. Admiration belongs to the talented wonderful people who work for Apple that design, create and build the great products, these people are the real heroes.

    You have completely lost me and so many others as customers.

  18. #18
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,582
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LivesForJihad View Post
    Typically I do not respond to iPhone drones when they make noise with their mouth (metaphorically speaking of course) but that demands a response.

    Most of the so-called "offending patents" are colors, shapes, and what the industry calls "a standard". Since when does a company need to patent shapes and colors? To use an apt metaphor, if a "Company A" filed patents on devices with back support and vertical elevation...they would have the right to sue any chair maker in the world for "violating their patent". Apple is simply lawsuit crazy

    You call them Samsuck...I call them revolutionary. The fact of the matter is, Apple, and all of their Drones, are peeved off that Samsung did what Apple did...take an existing product and make it better. Apple is big on claiming how it "Revolutionized the Smartphone and Tablet industry". Samsung is simply taking the next step in making faster, thinner, and more sturdy devices in greater supply, and variation on a better OS. Samsung doesn't treat the consumer like identical Drones (like Apple has already turned you into) where everything must look the same.

    Apple simply has to accept the fact that they are now past history in the face of the industry...and they cannot sue everyone to stay as top dog. If Apple wants to strike back...give us more revolutionary advancements. Otherwise...they can quietly go into the night...
    GTFO of an APPLE fan site! Samsuck make POS devices, cheap and nasty. Galaxy S3 better than a iPhone 4S? Hahaha, as if.
    WHERE WAS ANDROID BEFORE 2007? WHERE WERE ALL THESE MULTITOUCH TOUCHSCREEN PHONES BEFORE 2007?

    Why are these Apple haters even on a Apple site now? If you moved away from the iPhone then please go somewhere else, go to a Android forum to complain how your POS Android is buggy and a battery hog and why doesn't Google Play have this awesome app from the iOS store.

    MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

  19. #19
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Looks like Microsoft is doing it right and paying for licenses via Apple for their new phone designs. If you wanna copy you have to pay. Its been the standard for years. Samsung thinks they can do it and get away with it. Nope not going to happen!
    ++++++++1

    Quote Originally Posted by CarlDeanCatabay View Post
    So now there are no smartphones before the iphone? With no round edges? Where are you from? On earth there are smartphones with round edges before 2007, sure they're not black shiny square thing, but they have round edges and they are [...] smartphones with right scrollbars on this so called web browser.

    It's either you hibernated until the glory days of apple or you don't know history. Apple products are beautiful yet stupid. Androids are for power users and iphones are for low level users.
    ++++1
    Last edited by Orby; 08-14-2012 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Cleaning the quote.

  20. #20
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by zeppy View Post
    I 'used' to just love Apple and everything Apple and they could almost do no wrong for over a decade. Apple seemed to do everything right while they brought the company back from the brink of bankruptcy starting in the mid 90's.

    Linux is a passion of mine. I remember early on when Linux was being ported to every piece of hardware during this time. Steve Jobs, after seeing one of his upper members of management install a Linux distribution on an Apple office computer, then got on a plane to meet with Sony Executives in Japan to source PC hardware which would later become the platform for Apple. A PC that runs the FreeBSD distro of Linux/Unix and sell it as an Apple computer running OSX.

    Well times have now changed. Apple no longer wants the 'free-market forces' to work in the same way that allowed Apple to make a stellar comeback and once again allow Apple to compete for consumer dollars.

    Since their comeback, Apple has chosen a monopolistic predatory patent acquisition and litigation path made possible because Apple has prostituted the U.S. patent system. Apple has constantly sued competitor companies over a multitude of obvious and dubious patents for the primary purpose of Apple having almost no competition.

    Most of these obvious and dubious Apple acquired patents should never have been granted but Apple's money must have found it's way into the right pockets at the patent office. If competitor companies who hold more patents than Apple would have sued Apple in the way that Apple has sued others, then the iPhone would have never made it to the marketplace.

    Along comes Android. Look up the story of Android before Google acquired Android. The whole story is about Linux on the phone and Linux on portable devices. The Apple iPhone is just an extension of the Android project to put Linux on a phone.

    Android was first to put Linux on the phone while Apple, with the help of Samsung and others, was the first to bring the Linux on the phone product to the market and called it an iPhone. Now Apple wants no competition. Why Apple? Why not rise above the competition with even better products and designs?

    So much of the litigation and lawsuits by Apple have been for the purpose of closing the marketplace to non-Apple products and non-Apple designs. The public in the US and at large worldwide have been harmed. Court judgements and settlements require that competitive products made by companies other than Apple are to be banned from import and sale.

    Companies that want to compete against Apple devices have been ordered to cripple their hardware and software features solely because Apple may have acquired a dubious patent on such things as rectangular shape, round buttons, popup menus, auto-correct, swipe to unlock, the list goes on and is transparently ridiculous.

    If this kind of patent-trolling followed by incessant law-suits by Apple were allowed to become the standard, then the freedom of choice and purchasing options for technology devices for consumers would allow Apple to become the sole super-power company for portable devices such as phones and tablets.

    With almost no competition, Apple could and would inflate the pricing on their products as they have already done because no real alternatives could legally exist due to Apple having a monopolistic stranglehold on patents, court remedies and the marketplace.

    So imagine a world in which Apple had always made cars, microwaves, televisions, appliances, aircraft etc. Well you get the idea, it would be a dark world, and a cruel marketplace with panoptic global control by Apple alone. Only crippled limited inferior non-Apple consumer products would be allowed to exist. Competitors to Apple would face massive litigation and lawsuits from the Apple corporate executives and armies of Apple lawyers. A truly sad world for sure if Apple ran it.

    So in our current system where Apple is already a super corporation that has successfully used the legal system to crush consumer choices and limit competition why could I ever buy another Apple product and add even more dollars to further Apple's global domination attempt in the phone and tablet market?

    Apple has gone beyond the point of redemption with all of their lawsuits against fair-market competitors. Apple strives to limit real competition and therefore limits choices and harms all consumers. The Apple management team is infested with greed-driven individuals who gobble up the festering ill-gained profits while monopolizing the market-place.

    I want to once again love everything Apple still but cannot. Admiration belongs to the talented wonderful people who work for Apple that design, create and build the great products, these people are the real heroes.

    You have completely lost me and so many others as customers.
    Did you just publish a novel on MMi? Who actually read all of this?
    -= Formally known as SiLeNtKiLLa =-

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts