+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Enormous Chart-O-Patents Breaks Down All the Devices and Patents in Apple V. Samsung

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by iBanks Did you just publish a novel on MMi? Who actually read all of this? I agree. 1 person makes a comment that someone who feels like
...
  1. #21
    iPhoneaholic hitman10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I live in a house
    Posts
    499
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 43 Times in 27 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iBanks View Post
    Did you just publish a novel on MMi? Who actually read all of this?
    I agree. 1 person makes a comment that someone who feels like they are better needs to say something else because they can use proper grammar. lmao.

    Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

  2. #22
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Lol, I LOOOOOVE this post!!! All the poor people who own Andriods are so jealous and so pissed at the cheap phone that they own, that they try and bring all us iPhone owners down. Let Androids copy iPhones! Go for it. People who own iPhones don't care, why should we care? No phone beats the iOS of the iPhone. Show me a phone that does? HAH! iPhone = iOS, oh that's right no other phone runs it.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    309
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 67 Times in 37 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    The only type of person that would make a comment as ignorant as "Androids are for power users and iphones are for low level users" is a VERY low level user himself, who doesn't realize there is this thing called jailbreaking...which forces you to have at least some tech savy in order to obtain complete control over your phone...Most likely the reason you don't have a iPhone, to much work right!?
    If you consider downloading a simple program, connecting your phone via USB, and running said simply program "tech savvy", then I posit YOU are the "VERY low level user". Any schmoe can do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    And when you say "power users"...your talking about people who can't afford a iPhone, or are waiting for the next iPhone to come out....cuz those r really the only Android people i know.
    Oh, so now your argument is that only people who are too poor to buy an iPhone are Android users? May I remind you of the PC industry 10-15 years ago, where it was cheaper to build your own PC (if you were "tech savvy" enough to do so) than it was to buy a full system with a good brand name (no, not Gateway or eMachines - if you consider those to be good brand names, you are an idiot...). By your logic, only poor idiots would build their own PCs.

  4. #24
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lake Hiawatha, New Jersey
    Posts
    141
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by brianiino View Post
    Lol, I LOOOOOVE this post!!! All the poor people who own Andriods are so jealous and so pissed at the cheap phone that they own, that they try and bring all us iPhone owners down. Let Androids copy iPhones! Go for it. People who own iPhones don't care, why should we care? No phone beats the iOS of the iPhone. Show me a phone that does? HAH! iPhone = iOS, oh that's right no other phone runs it.
    hmmm.. i wonder where apple got the pull down notification panel from. Oh yeah , maybe from Nokia since apple was sued by them right off the bat for stealing their design...yep apple, so original.

  5. #25
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyScottie View Post
    hmmm.. i wonder where apple got the pull down notification panel from. Oh yeah , maybe from Nokia since apple was sued by them right off the bat for stealing their design...yep apple, so original.
    Funny you say that... Apple may have 4 bullet points of that they may have used from Android devices, but yet Samsung has a 132 page Bible on how to copy everything from iOS all the way down to how much spacing between the icons. Get real.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    If you consider downloading a simple program, connecting your phone via USB, and running said simply program "tech savvy", then I posit YOU are the "VERY low level user". Any schmoe can do that.



    Oh, so now your argument is that only people who are too poor to buy an iPhone are Android users? May I remind you of the PC industry 10-15 years ago, where it was cheaper to build your own PC (if you were "tech savvy" enough to do so) than it was to buy a full system with a good brand name (no, not Gateway or eMachines - if you consider those to be good brand names, you are an idiot...). By your logic, only poor idiots would build their own PCs.
    I'm curious as to when you actually joined the jailbreak scene. I've been around since day one where it took about 40mins of command line coding. To my point is this... Jailbreaking has come such a long long way to become a simple USB connection, click a button and done... But it's NOT that part that requires a tech savvy mindset, but the things you must know after the fact of your device is Jailbroken. Exactly why all my friends call and ask "hey man I just Jailbroken my phone, now what...?" Anyone can hit the power button on a computer but must know some technical know-how on how to use it. Dare to debate that?
    Last edited by iBanks; 08-14-2012 at 01:57 PM.
    -= Formally known as SiLeNtKiLLa =-

  6. #26
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    GTFO of an APPLE fan site! Samsuck make POS devices, cheap and nasty. Galaxy S3 better than a iPhone 4S? Hahaha, as if.
    WHERE WAS ANDROID BEFORE 2007? WHERE WERE ALL THESE MULTITOUCH TOUCHSCREEN PHONES BEFORE 2007?

    Why are these Apple haters even on a Apple site now? If you moved away from the iPhone then please go somewhere else, go to a Android forum to complain how your POS Android is buggy and a battery hog and why doesn't Google Play have this awesome app from the iOS store.
    I don't think they are apple haters, we love tech and have our preferences. Sometimes our opinions shed a good light on apple products, sometimes they don't.
    Last edited by Orby; 08-14-2012 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Keep it clean...

  7. #27
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by brianiino View Post
    Lol, I LOOOOOVE this post!!! All the poor people who own Andriods are so jealous and so pissed at the cheap phone that they own, that they try and bring all us iPhone owners down. Let Androids copy iPhones! Go for it. People who own iPhones don't care, why should we care? No phone beats the iOS of the iPhone. Show me a phone that does? HAH! iPhone = iOS, oh that's right no other phone runs it.
    With an iPhone you can forever be an Apple Fanboy, with Androids, you can be a Developer -why? Because anything your iPhone can't do, droid does. I bet fanboys would line up for the new iphone, only to realize in the end that a legacy android device has more useable features than the new revolutionary smartphone of apple. And not because we use android means we can't afford apple products, I have an iPhone as a spare phone.

  8. #28
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by CarlDeanCatabay View Post
    With an iPhone you can forever be an Apple Fanboy, with Androids, you can be a Developer -why? Because anything your iPhone can't do, droid does. I bet fanboys would line up for the new iphone, only to realize in the end that a legacy android device has more useable features than the new revolutionary smartphone of apple. And not because we use android means we can't afford apple products, I have an iPhone as a spare phone.
    I work in a wireless store, have worked as a technician since 2007 and ended at the end of 2011. I still to this day work in a wireless store so I see and know exactly all capabilities of these phones inside and out and still do not see these "more usable features" that compared to the iPhone. The only advantage in which I consider a disadvantage is live widgets which too me has no point other than maybe a stocks ticker.

    A weather widget has what point? To see that it's raining now and a min later it's sunny? How often does the weather needs to be checked? A FB and Twitter widget? Come on now, 10 times out of 10, with the feed your viewing in the widget your gonna open up the app to interact with a specific post. GV Integration? I've been using GV since it was Grand Central and the support for it has been lousy especially considering media messaging. I mean, what other benefit is there that overtops iOS? Notification window? iOS perfected that. Blocking a caller? Well, I can do that through my carrier by giving them a quick call. I mean... Help me out because I don't see it.
    -= Formally known as SiLeNtKiLLa =-

  9. #29
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iBanks View Post
    Did you just publish a novel on MMi? Who actually read all of this?
    +1 tl;dr

  10. #30
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,224
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 141 Times in 121 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    GTFO of an APPLE fan site! Samsuck make POS devices, cheap and nasty. Galaxy S3 better than a iPhone 4S? Hahaha, as if.
    WHERE WAS ANDROID BEFORE 2007? WHERE WERE ALL THESE MULTITOUCH TOUCHSCREEN PHONES BEFORE 2007?

    Why are these Apple haters even on a Apple site now? If you moved away from the iPhone then please go somewhere else, go to a Android forum to complain how your POS Android is buggy and a battery hog and why doesn't Google Play have this awesome app from the iOS store.
    +1 My post apparently got deleted and the worst thing I had in it was the word, "dumber". But I guess all these Apple haters can say whatever they want and they get to keep their posts up....great work............I don't understand why the mods keep these guys here other than they want as many members as possible whether they like Apple /articles or not. A simple ban would remove future ridiculous posts from them.

    It's just a matter of time before Apple wins this suit and forces Samsung to innovate instead of copy.


    Quote Originally Posted by iBanks View Post
    Did you just publish a novel on MMi? Who actually read all of this?
    Lol! Funny stuff!
    Last edited by steve-z17; 08-14-2012 at 10:48 PM.

  11. #31
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    346
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Why couldn't Samsuck try and make their own designs instead of rip of Apple?
    HTC and Sony can do it. Samsuck are pure jealous, the only reason their products sell more than other Android devices because they're so similar to Apple devices.
    I've had many iOS and some Samsung Android devices and never bought the latter due to any similarity to Apple products.
    The cynic in me suspects that the Courtroom shenanigans are just Apple's way of staying in the headlines.
    If they break even, it's free publicity ... "Ooh, look everyone - our biggest compepitor thinks our products are so great, they just want to copy them".
    What higher accolade than imitation by your chief competitor ?
    ... even if it's really total BS, it's cheaper than commercial advertising and creates an added aura around Apple.

  12. #32
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    I
    If they break even, it's free publicity ... "Ooh, look everyone - our biggest compepitor thinks our products are so great, they just want to copy them".
    What higher accolade than imitation by your chief competitor ?
    ... even if it's really total BS, it's cheaper than commercial advertising and creates an added aura around Apple.
    Is this not exactly what was done? I seen an 132 page book created by Samsung that states and proves with images and text notes that states EXACTLY that. Pixel by Pixel on how the iPhone was better than the Galaxy S and what they need to do to improve on their device in comparison to the iPhone. Did you miss that posting?
    -= Formally known as SiLeNtKiLLa =-

  13. #33
    iPhone? More like MyPhone soidroidios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iBanks View Post
    Funny you say that... Apple may have 4 bullet points of that they may have used from Android devices, but yet Samsung has a 132 page Bible on how to copy everything from iOS all the way down to how much spacing between the icons. Get real.
    Well, we shouldn't use that argument. Since if i steal a dollar, and you steal a million, we still both stole, and will end up paying for it one way or the other. Amount stolen does not justify stealing...

    Now I agree that apple has every right to assert IP, that is for IP that is exactly how they implemented things. Unless it is not an exact look alike of the device, then it is a derivative, not a copy.

  14. #34
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by soidroidios View Post
    Well, we shouldn't use that argument. Since if i steal a dollar, and you steal a million, we still both stole, and will end up paying for it one way or the other. Amount stolen does not justify stealing...

    Now I agree that apple has every right to assert IP, that is for IP that is exactly how they implemented things. Unless it is not an exact look alike of the device, then it is a derivative, not a copy.
    The amount doesn't justify stealing but yet the amount justifies the punishment. A Million dollars stolen equals a felony and possible jail time where as $1 will surely be overlooked and not cause a stir up in anyone's world but the homeless. Point is Samsung took the Million dollar route by duplicating what was already made and did it illegally, where as Apple took the $1 route and used an concept in which I'm sure they have licensed from Android OS somewhere down the line, so I see no punishment heading in their direction on this.
    -= Formally known as SiLeNtKiLLa =-

  15. #35
    What's Jailbreak? tcschrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Camanche, IA
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iBanks View Post
    Did you just publish a novel on MMi? Who actually read all of this?
    Better question... Who still takes self-shots in the mirror? I'm sure you just discovered MySpace too...

  16. #36
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tcschrader View Post
    Better question... Who still takes self-shots in the mirror? I'm sure you just discovered MySpace too...
    Lol! Now that enlightened my day. I really smiled after this one. So rather than staying on topic and speaking on the matter at hand, you attempt to take a personal shot? Explain to me, is it because you can't debate any responses I let out? Is it because what I have said makes sense but yet you cant justify it? OR maybe its because your join date shows Oct 2007 and because mine show July 2010 and you feel because of this aspect I may new to the scene?

    Well lets see here.... Oct. 2007? Little one... I have been on the scene a little longer than you, if you were to research the name in my sig, you will notice that it dates back to July 18, 2007. On the scene since Oct. 2007 but with 13 posts? Come on lil girl, you can't tell me you have been valuable to MMi scene, I'm pretty sure all your posts were to try to make you feel better about yourself rather than helping to educate and elaborate on the scene. Rather than trying to take personal shots, do something useful with you almost 5 year acct. Explain your take on whats going on in the topic at hand or just hush your throat.

    But on another note... Do you think I'm cute? Is that why you commented about my photo? Oh yeah.... what's myspace? I'm still stuck on AOL chat rooms.... whats your A/S/L?
    -= Formally known as SiLeNtKiLLa =-

  17. #37
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by CarlDeanCatabay View Post
    With an iPhone you can forever be an Apple Fanboy, with Androids, you can be a Developer -why? Because anything your iPhone can't do, droid does. I bet fanboys would line up for the new iphone, only to realize in the end that a legacy android device has more useable features than the new revolutionary smartphone of apple. And not because we use android means we can't afford apple products, I have an iPhone as a spare phone.
    Oh ya? Well guess what? Whatever an Android can't do, iPhones does, and whatever Androids do, iPhones can do better. I don't understand your statement, "with androids you can be a developer?" JUST android? BS, you can with iPhones too. Not to mention hundreds of more apps developers have for iPhones, and can't and won't do for android. By the way I didn't say EVERYONE who owns an android is poor. Just because you own one doesn't mean your poor, just means your stupid. =)

  18. #38
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    cliff notes bro?
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppy View Post
    I 'used' to just love Apple and everything Apple and they could almost do no wrong for over a decade. Apple seemed to do everything right while they brought the company back from the brink of bankruptcy starting in the mid 90's.

    Linux is a passion of mine. I remember early on when Linux was being ported to every piece of hardware during this time. Steve Jobs, after seeing one of his upper members of management install a Linux distribution on an Apple office computer, then got on a plane to meet with Sony Executives in Japan to source PC hardware which would later become the platform for Apple. A PC that runs the FreeBSD distro of Linux/Unix and sell it as an Apple computer running OSX.

    Well times have now changed. Apple no longer wants the 'free-market forces' to work in the same way that allowed Apple to make a stellar comeback and once again allow Apple to compete for consumer dollars.

    Since their comeback, Apple has chosen a monopolistic predatory patent acquisition and litigation path made possible because Apple has prostituted the U.S. patent system. Apple has constantly sued competitor companies over a multitude of obvious and dubious patents for the primary purpose of Apple having almost no competition.

    Most of these obvious and dubious Apple acquired patents should never have been granted but Apple's money must have found it's way into the right pockets at the patent office. If competitor companies who hold more patents than Apple would have sued Apple in the way that Apple has sued others, then the iPhone would have never made it to the marketplace.

    Along comes Android. Look up the story of Android before Google acquired Android. The whole story is about Linux on the phone and Linux on portable devices. The Apple iPhone is just an extension of the Android project to put Linux on a phone.

    Android was first to put Linux on the phone while Apple, with the help of Samsung and others, was the first to bring the Linux on the phone product to the market and called it an iPhone. Now Apple wants no competition. Why Apple? Why not rise above the competition with even better products and designs?

    So much of the litigation and lawsuits by Apple have been for the purpose of closing the marketplace to non-Apple products and non-Apple designs. The public in the US and at large worldwide have been harmed. Court judgements and settlements require that competitive products made by companies other than Apple are to be banned from import and sale.

    Companies that want to compete against Apple devices have been ordered to cripple their hardware and software features solely because Apple may have acquired a dubious patent on such things as rectangular shape, round buttons, popup menus, auto-correct, swipe to unlock, the list goes on and is transparently ridiculous.

    If this kind of patent-trolling followed by incessant law-suits by Apple were allowed to become the standard, then the freedom of choice and purchasing options for technology devices for consumers would allow Apple to become the sole super-power company for portable devices such as phones and tablets.

    With almost no competition, Apple could and would inflate the pricing on their products as they have already done because no real alternatives could legally exist due to Apple having a monopolistic stranglehold on patents, court remedies and the marketplace.

    So imagine a world in which Apple had always made cars, microwaves, televisions, appliances, aircraft etc. Well you get the idea, it would be a dark world, and a cruel marketplace with panoptic global control by Apple alone. Only crippled limited inferior non-Apple consumer products would be allowed to exist. Competitors to Apple would face massive litigation and lawsuits from the Apple corporate executives and armies of Apple lawyers. A truly sad world for sure if Apple ran it.

    So in our current system where Apple is already a super corporation that has successfully used the legal system to crush consumer choices and limit competition why could I ever buy another Apple product and add even more dollars to further Apple's global domination attempt in the phone and tablet market?

    Apple has gone beyond the point of redemption with all of their lawsuits against fair-market competitors. Apple strives to limit real competition and therefore limits choices and harms all consumers. The Apple management team is infested with greed-driven individuals who gobble up the festering ill-gained profits while monopolizing the market-place.

    I want to once again love everything Apple still but cannot. Admiration belongs to the talented wonderful people who work for Apple that design, create and build the great products, these people are the real heroes.

    You have completely lost me and so many others as customers.
    you sound and look like a d-bag

    Quote Originally Posted by iBanks View Post
    Lol! Now that enlightened my day. I really smiled after this one. So rather than staying on topic and speaking on the matter at hand, you attempt to take a personal shot? Explain to me, is it because you can't debate any responses I let out? Is it because what I have said makes sense but yet you cant justify it? OR maybe its because your join date shows Oct 2007 and because mine show July 2010 and you feel because of this aspect I may new to the scene?

    Well lets see here.... Oct. 2007? Little one... I have been on the scene a little longer than you, if you were to research the name in my sig, you will notice that it dates back to July 18, 2007. On the scene since Oct. 2007 but with 13 posts? Come on lil girl, you can't tell me you have been valuable to MMi scene, I'm pretty sure all your posts were to try to make you feel better about yourself rather than helping to educate and elaborate on the scene. Rather than trying to take personal shots, do something useful with you almost 5 year acct. Explain your take on whats going on in the topic at hand or just hush your throat.

    But on another note... Do you think I'm cute? Is that why you commented about my photo? Oh yeah.... what's myspace? I'm still stuck on AOL chat rooms.... whats your A/S/L?

  19. #39
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by daviedave View Post
    you sound and look like a d-bag
    Aw. You mad bro? Huh? You mad too? You need a hug? Aww... Here's a hug snookums. -( )-

    Your responses on the thread expresses too me enough of your knowledge so there's no sense in going in on you. I have come to realize in life that when a person isn't challengeable enough, they would then try to take personal shots instead. Example, gaming online. You say something about someone's skill and because they don't have a proper comeback on what's being discussed they get racial. So because my detail on the topic is too intriguing, you claim a personal shot because you have no debate on the topic. I'll be that d-bag, but I made you speechless.
    -= Formally known as SiLeNtKiLLa =-

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to iBanks For This Useful Post:

    iPhoneThereforeIAm (08-17-2012)

  21. #40
    My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    644
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 64 Times in 50 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Nicely said.
    It's what I've been saying this whole time but I dont say it as nice.
    My view is Apple like to make clones and want everyone's devices to look the same the way APPLE want it NOT the way YOU want it even that its now YOUR device Apple still want a hold over it.
    AND instead of making a better device they sue the competition. They see Samsung as the only competition as they do make a better device so instead of making a better iPad/iPhone they sue them and get the competition removed so Apple can stay at the top. They DON'T deserve to be at the top with the way they do business. It's NOT the smart way. You DON'T patent every little thing knowing that others have in the past and will in the future use that same design. They are total P***KS with their patents. So Samsung cant make a device with round edges? WTF? Or the edge cant be black? Again WTF Apple? And how many times have you browsed the internet and used the scroll bar on the right to scroll down. Well Samsung cant make that scroll bar anymore. Its been part of internet browsers for ever and now Apple own that patent so Samsung cant put in a scrollbar in their internet browser.

    Apple don't have a clue how to do good business and hopefully they will go bankrupt and it'll all be their own fault. I know it wont happen as there are already too many clones out there and people are too stupid and keep buying Apple products. I know I did, I'm stupid for buying them too. BUT I do also buy the competitions products and actually prefer them. Like a lot of people I know we only buy Apple products AFTER they can be jailbroken and only because we already own too many apps.
    Think about it. If we all stopped buying Apple products then they wont have any money to sue the competition and they will have no choice but to make a better device of they wanted to stay alive in this industry. Thats what we need to do but as I said there are too many stupid people buying Apple products for that to happen.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts