+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Potential Next-Gen iPhone Logic Board Leaked

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Potential Next-Gen iPhone Logic Board Leaked

The French site, Nowhereelse.fr recently pointed toward two new photos that were originally posted on its Chinese forum, Weiphone. The photos in question appear to be the front and back of what is being claimed to be the next generation iPhone logic board (the part that houses the processor and other support chips for the device). The board seems to be different from both the logic boards seen in Appleís iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S.

According to Nowhereelse, the screw holes of the logic board seem to line up exactly with those found in the previously leaked shells. The site even created an animated GIF which showcases the holes lining up. Here, the images seem to be mirrored to provide extra clarity.

There have been quite the number of part leaks for the next-generation iPhone over the past few weeks and the trend is likely to continue until the release of the announcement. This isnít exactly a new phenomenon as it seems to repeat itself every year, considering we saw the iPhone 4S logic board last year pre-release, which helped reveal an A5 processor for the device. This leak isnít as revealing but still seems to provide some insight into what to expect. The increased number of part leaks is likely to correspond with the belief that the Cupertino California company is already ramping up production of the next-generation iPhone. Apple is expected to launch the iPhone on September 12th so stay tuned for more news as it is released!

Source: Nowhereelse via Weiphone

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Green Apple
    Thanks

i hate it when my logic board holes dont line up

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Christ, at this point with all the leaks it seems like all we need is a screen leak and we'll be able to assemble a complete damned iPhone 5 before Apple even announces the thing!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Has anyone seen under the I/O shield. Wonder what chip it's got

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Petersen View Post
    Christ, at this point with all the leaks it seems like all we need is a screen leak and we'll be able to assemble a complete damned iPhone 5 before Apple even announces the thing!
    Save us the trouble apple and have a lust employee drop it in a bar. PLEASE let me find it so I can sell it to the highest bidding technology or back to you apple I mean that's a lot of money

iPhone? More like MyPhone mallenass's Avatar
    Thanks

No word on the Processor for it yet???? obviously better faster stronger. but will it be an ®A6®? if so, will the new iphone be iphone 6? will apple drop numerology all together as with the prevoius ipad?

hmmmm...............

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Wow!! What hype!! No phone has this much hype before release. You have to hand it to apple

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mallenass View Post
    No word on the Processor for it yet???? obviously better faster stronger. but will it be an ®A6®? if so, will the new iphone be iphone 6? will apple drop numerology all together as with the prevoius ipad?

hmmmm...............
    Yes it will be A6 but not the iPhone 6. By that logic te iPad 1 would be the iPad 4 and the iPad 2 the iPad 5 and the new iPad would be the iPad 5x. It will still be the iPhone 5. Otherwise the white iPhone would be the iPhone 5 and 4s would be the 6 and next one the 7. They wont go but year it makes no sense no other companies go by year in their product unless it's called "blank 1990" etc.

Otherwise if thy did it would be windows like 18 by today

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Yes it will be A6 but not the iPhone 6. By that logic te iPad 1 would be the iPad 4 and the iPad 2 the iPad 5 and the new iPad would be the iPad 5x. It will still be the iPhone 5. Otherwise the white iPhone would be the iPhone 5 and 4s would be the 6 and next one the 7. They wont go but year it makes no sense no other companies go by year in their product unless it's called "blank 1990" etc.

Otherwise if thy did it would be windows like 18 by today
    It will be iPhone 6 if it even has a number attached to it at all.
    iPhone (original) 1
    iPhone 3G 2
    iPhone 3GS (black or white. Color doesn' matter) 3
    iPhone 4 (black or white. Gsm and CDMA) 4
    iPhone 4S (black or white.) 5
    New upcoming iPhone (black or white or whatever color) 6. I'll bet my iPad that the people calling it the iPhone 5 are wrong. It will be the iPhone 6 or just iPhone.

color and gsm/CDMA don't matter when it comes to the number.
    Last edited by Rob2G; 08-13-2012 at 04:22 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mallenass View Post

hmmmm...............
    It will be an A6, but definitely not dropping the numerology...

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
    It will be iPhone 6 if it even has a number attached to it at all.
    iPhone (original) 1
    iPhone 3G 2
    iPhone 3GS (black or white. Color doesn' matter) 3
    iPhone 4 (black or white. Gsm and CDMA) 4
    iPhone 4S (black or white.) 5
    New upcoming iPhone (black or white or whatever color) 6. I'll bet my iPad that the people calling it the iPhone 5 are wrong. It will be the iPhone 6 or just iPhone.

color and gsm/CDMA don't matter when it comes to the number.
    Thats what I've been saying the whole time. Its the 6th generation iPhone so WHY are people calling it the iPhone 5?
    The iPhone 4S should've been called the iPhone 5 but Apple just wanted to mess with everyone and NOT call it the iPhone 5.

I think they will be retarded like the iPad and call it the iPhone without a number or th NEW IPHONE. Which is REALLY STUPID. WHATS going to happen to the NEXT iPhone? Wont that be the new iPhone when it comes out? Will they call the next one the NEW NEW iPHONE?

Apple don't have ANY imagination when it comes to naming things. They go with the first thought even if it is the stupidest.

And about the leaked picture, wow. It's not like everyone has seen the logic board of all the other iPhones so no I dont see whats so good about leaking this pic.
    How about a pic of the actual phone that we will see when it gets released. Now thats what people want to see. The new iPhone next to an old iPhone.
    leaked pics of the internals are only good to companies like Samsung and LG and Nokia. To the public they are useless as we never see the insides of the phones so they are irreverent to us. That could be a pic of a logic board from the iPhone 3G for all we know.
    Last edited by NakedFaerie; 08-13-2012 at 05:52 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

iPhone 5 is looking good! As far as the holes not matching..... close is good when the parts are only rumors.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Thats what I've been saying the whole time. Its the 6th generation iPhone so WHY are people calling it the iPhone 5?
    The iPhone 4S should've been called the iPhone 5 but Apple just wanted to mess with everyone and NOT call it the iPhone 5.

I think they will be retarded like the iPad and call it the iPhone without a number or th NEW IPHONE. Which is REALLY STUPID. WHATS going to happen to the NEXT iPhone? Wont that be the new iPhone when it comes out? Will they call the next one the NEW NEW iPHONE?

Apple don't have ANY imagination when it comes to naming things. They go with the first thought even if it is the stupidest.

And about the leaked picture, wow. It's not like everyone has seen the logic board of all the other iPhones so no I dont see whats so good about leaking this pic.
    How about a pic of the actual phone that we will see when it gets released. Now thats what people want to see. The new iPhone next to an old iPhone.
    leaked pics of the internals are only good to companies like Samsung and LG and Nokia. To the public they are useless as we never see the insides of the phones so they are irreverent to us. That could be a pic of a logic board from the iPhone 3G for all we know.
    The iPhone will be called 5, although the software is 6 and so on and so forth...

People don't 'just' want to see the overall pic of the phone, they do want to see the components. To the public, yes useless. To the modmyi public, important.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The reason they use the "S" in there names eg. iPhone 3Gs , iPhone 4s.
    is because they ate the same or very similar designs with just upgrades to the hardware of the phone.
    If Apple stays true to there naming process then the new iPhone will be called an iPhone 5. That's because it will have a totally different look and hardware spec to the old versions. That gives them the option of adding the "S" to the version after the next one as they usually use a very similar design with mainly hardware changes( CPU, ram, camera etc.)
    I personally think they should adopt a naming scheme using such names as the iPhone PRO, next version after that could be called iPhone PRO S. Maybe apple should give the iPhone a more mature, classy and expensive sounding name. In my opinion, iPhone PRO would be better than iPhone 5 or 6. Using numbers by themselves, well lacks imagination!

Thanks

Love it when my hoes line up. I mean holes :]

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You guys are dumb to think they name an iPhone based on how many years it's been or what generation it is. Might I point out the white iPhone 4 should technically be 5 by your logic because it was the next generation iPhone.

You really should read my earlier post I flaw your logic in almost every way.

Also logic boards make sense for a lot of people not me but I know tech people who do like my uncle he said that these were built to hold use more power. Like more battery etc.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,808 Times in 2,187 Posts

I'll but down 5 bucks saying they will call it the "New" iPhone. Here is my reasoning. When they did the make over to the site last year a few small things changed. This is when the "new" iPad came out. But one notably is the urls changed they use to have the products full name in the urls. Example apple.com/store/iphone4S now it's just apple.com/iPhone or iPad. I think they are done with the numbers thing. And the "S" I mean you don't say you have an MacBook pro 12th gen do you?
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gunzla View Post
    The reason they use the "S" in there names eg. iPhone 3Gs , iPhone 4s.
    is because they ate the same or very similar designs with just upgrades to the hardware of the phone.
    If Apple stays true to there naming process then the new iPhone will be called an iPhone 5. That's because it will have a totally different look and hardware spec to the old versions. That gives them the option of adding the "S" to the version after the next one as they usually use a very similar design with mainly hardware changes( CPU, ram, camera etc.)
    !
    +1111111111

S for speed (performance)
    Every 2 years generation of iPhone changed not every year with Miner upgrade of hardware

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    You guys are dumb to think they name an iPhone based on how many years it's been or what generation it is. Might I point out the white iPhone 4 should technically be 5 by your logic because it was the next generation iPhone.

You really should read my earlier post I flaw your logic in almost every way.

Also logic boards make sense for a lot of people not me but I know tech people who do like my uncle he said that these were built to hold use more power. Like more battery etc.
    Your the one with the flawed logic. There is NO DIFFERENCE between a black and a white iPhone.
    It's an iPhone 4 and its black or white but its still a iPhone 4.

If the next iPhone is going to be 5 for numerical order then WHERE is the iPhone 2?

The iPhone 4 was the 4th generation, thats why it got its name. The 4S is the 5th generation but they called it 4S instead of a 5.

Again Apple dont have a clue how to name a device and just go at it all stupidly. The next iPhone name wont have any thought to it and will probably be named iPhone 7 or something stupid like that. It might even be the iPhone 2 for all we know?
    If they were smart at naming their devices then we wouldn't have 2 iPads named "iPad" It would be iPad and iPad 3.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I hope Apple is leaking FAKE parts so when the legit one hits, everyone will be in awe