Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Tweaks of the Week 8/6 - 8/12

Default Best Tweaks of the Week 8/6 - 8/12

Here are the best jailbreak creations for the week of August 6th until today, August 12th as per the opinion of our staff. This is a weekly recap of this week's jailbreak tweaks only.

1. BattSaver - $2.99

BattSaver is a new application by iOS developer Xvolks that gives the user a better understanding of his or her battery and gives them a means of controlling the battery drain. It includes intuitive graphs that show the user important information and offers battery saving methods that can be used to automatically turn off various radios in the device when not in use. Battery life can at least double with this application on your device.

2. Orientation Activator - FREE

Orientation Activator is a new free plugin for Ryan Petrich’s famous Activator application by iOS developer Rickye. The plugin gives the user the ability to invoke an Activator action to toggle the rotation lock feature on and off. Being able to use Activator instead of using Apple’s stock toggle methods saves the user anywhere between 2-4 steps, which saves time and makes things a lot more convenient. If you love Activator, you should definitely grab this great plugin.

3. MiniBanners Pro - $1.79

MiniBanners Pro is the upgraded version of the free MiniBanners jailbreak tweak by Rudolf Lichtner that gives the user the ability to have a smaller banner style. The Pro version, unlike the free version, gives the user the ability to change the color, location, and animation of the pop-up notifications. The amount of customization packed into this little jailbreak tweak is extensive. The tweak includes quick dismissal features, preview notification features, and application shortcut features. Note: as of this writing, the tweak may not be live in Cydia yet, however it should be in the next 24 hours.

4. iRSSWidget for Notification Center - FREE

iRSSWidget for Notification Center is a new free widget that can be installed to give the user a clean RSS feed in Notification Center. It was created by iOS developer andreamela. It features a very clean interface and the user can input one of their favorite news sites in the preferences pane to see their favorite news site’s new scroll right to left in Notification Center the same way the Stocks widget does. Being free, this is a must-have for anyone that likes to follow news. We all know you guys will use this for ModMyi!

Stay tuned for next week's best tweaks - only on Modmyi!

If you missed last week's best tweaks of the week, you can view our article from this link.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Golfinglenn's Avatar
    Thanks

Battsaver, really. From what I have read and personal experience it has more bugs than the local feed store. Great idea, poor execution.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

So the latest version of battsavr is still crap? I tried 1.0 but quickly removed it. I've been wondering about 1.10

iPhone? More like MyPhone Golfinglenn's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, there has been no update on the thread from developer or anyone brave enough to try it.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,265 Times in 1,392 Posts

...and I'm still surprised Procyon didn't get mentioned AT ALL on MMI or even make this list...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

2800+ downloads, and 2. in the best tweaks list. Thank you guys! You made my day

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Procyon
    Excuse me, but why wasn't my browser Procyon even mentioned on modmyi? I have put a LOT of work into it (about 6 months) and I don't even get mentioned?