+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'MiniBanners Pro' is Like MiniBanners, Only Better

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'MiniBanners Pro' is Like MiniBanners, Only Better

Earlier in the week, we showed you MiniBanners, a free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Rudolf Lichtner that displays iOS notifications in smaller notification popups that take up less screen space than Apple’s stock banner system. The banners are very similar to that of the growl-like notification pop-ups. Today, we are showing you the upgraded version of MiniBanners, known as MiniBanners Pro. The tweak will be live soon in the ModMyi repository for $1.79 and it does a lot more than the free version did.

The first cool part of the tweak is the ability to customize where on the screen the notification pop-ups appear. You can choose to have the pop-up appear in the top right corner, top left corner, bottom right corner, or bottom left corner. In addition to the location of the pop-up, you can customize the colors of its elements such as the banner’s background color, text color, and badge color.

As you receive more and more text messages, the badge within the pop-up notification stacks to match the badge indicator on the application icon. If you have 4 unread text messages, the pop-up notification will have a badge with the number 4 in it. The pop-up will also show you the name of the sender, or if that cannot be determined, the name of the application you are receiving the notification from will be displayed instead.

MiniBanners Pro will have a preferences pane in the Settings application after being installed:

The tweak comes with many different animations that can be used when the pop-up notification appears and disappears. By default "grow" is selected. The tweak comes with all of the following animations:
    • Fade
    • Grow
    • Slide from left to right
    • Slide down from top
    • Flip around X-axis
    • Flip around Y-axis
    • Disable animations (no animation)

The preferences pane is also where you select the location of where the pop-up will appear on the screen. You can choose any of the following:
    • Top left
    • Top right
    • Bottom left
    • Bottom right

After you’ve selected those options, you’re free to change the colors of the elements in the pop-up notification. All of the elements – the text, background, and badge – have the same colors to choose from. Your options are:
    • Black
    • Light gray
    • White
    • Gray
    • Red
    • Green
    • Blue
    • Cyan
    • Yellow
    • Orange
    • Purple
    • Brown
    • Light blue
    • Linen

The last two options in the preferences pane allow you to enable and disable the pop-up dismissal and the open application functions. The dismissal function allows you to swipe up on the pop-up to manually dismiss the notification, although it dismisses itself automatically after a few seconds. The open notification function allows you to hold down on the pop-up to see a preview of your notification in the pop-up itself. By default, both of these are enabled for the greatest user experience.

The appearance of the actual pop-up notifications are subjective to each user’s tastes, however the ability to change their colors gives anyone the ability to make them look them look the way they want the pop-ups to look. Some people might actually prefer Apple’s stock banners, however the point of this tweak is to have notifications that use less screen space, therefore being less obtrusive. MiniBanners Pro is intended for the iPhone and iPod touch, not the iPad. We will let you know as soon as this tweak gets released in our repository!

UPDATE: Live in Cydia now! Go and grab it!

Name: MiniBanners Pro
    Price: $1.79
    Version: 1.0.1
    Requirements: iOS 5
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: Rudolf Lichtner
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 08-13-2012 at 01:33 PM.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks sweet

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

My iPhone is a Part of Me Paulw2008's Avatar
    Thanks

I use a similar one on my ipad

Will give it a go

Green Apple
    Thanks
    yes I've wanted something like this for a while. Trying the free version but most likely will purchase this

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

I'm so getting this! They should make a tweak for moving the default notification banner around, if there already isn't a tweak for that...
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Seems really awesome, I'd probably buy it!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iAdamir's Avatar
    Thanks

Like Notipad, it doesn't look good in my opinion. But still useful since you can quickly disable the notifications if they hide a part of the screen you need.

Banned
    Thanks

Dope tweak!!!

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

I'll be Gitting this one.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    This is in Cydia now (:

My iPhone is a Part of Me ssemmel's Avatar
    Thanks

I purchased it and it kept putting my phone into safemode. The only other banner tweak i have is ncquick dismiss.

Update: developer is very responsive. Ncquick dismiss and chip is not compatible.
    Last edited by ssemmel; 08-14-2012 at 04:56 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

loved minibanners, so buying the pro version was a no-brainer. very nice, useful tweak, but desperately needs a "preview" function.

Thanks

does anyone know where MiniBanners can be found in iFile? I know it's a system tweak, so not sure where it's stored. Thanks for any leads

Thanks

if you tap on the banner that pops up, you will be able to see a preview of the message....the whole concept of "MiniBanners" is to eliminate room on your screen when you get a message. If you want a preview to pop up instead of a mini banner, then uninstall it....your phone comes stock with many options for notifications you get.

iPhone? More like MyPhone soidroidios's Avatar
    Thanks

awesome tweak. doesn't eat up too many resources too.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dReAdLoKdEmOn View Post
    does anyone know where MiniBanners can be found in iFile? I know it's a system tweak, so not sure where it's stored. Thanks for any leads
    Why do you need to know that? It has no Image Files or anything like that, if you wanted to theme it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rud0lf77 View Post
    Why do you need to know that? It has no Image Files or anything like that, if you wanted to theme it.
    Well, I want to know that because I want to mod it. The icons that pop up for the certain apps are going to be changed....it obviously has image files if they created a pro version with different color options. I can open up the files when I download it on my computer but can't find the right location in iFile.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dReAdLoKdEmOn View Post
    Well, I want to know that because I want to mod it. The icons that pop up for the certain apps are going to be changed....it obviously has image files if they created a pro version with different color options. I can open up the files when I download it on my computer but can't find the right location in iFile.
    I am sorry, but I am the Developer and therefore know better whether there are Image Files.
    There was absolutely no need for them, everything achieved by Code.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I downloaded the free version and love it and will certainly buy the pro version,,, awesome tweak ! thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can anyone confirm this is still available in Cydia as I cannot locate it..?