+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mobile Safari in iOS 6 Has the Fastest HTML 5 Rendering of All Mobile Devices

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Got a proud 210+5 on my Pre 3 Also, I'm deleting modmyi from my bookmarks because you know, of this misleading and demeaning to all intelligent life article.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Got a proud 210+5 on my Pre 3
    Also, I'm deleting modmyi from my bookmarks because you know, of this misleading and demeaning to all intelligent life article.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yes, let's focus on speeding up mobile safari so iOS users can get more done before it quits on them. Stabilise it then worry about speed.

Green Apple
    Thanks

What I am wondering about is speed for other than simply HTML 5. More and more sites are just combining old HTML4-era code and ajax and sometimes what you have is a slow mess, especially on mobile devices. (when viewing full versions of such sites.) Safari in iOS 5 seems to cope a lot better with it than previous versions of the OS that I've seen tested within the last few months. The problem that I see is that more and more sites seem to believe that JavaScript is a suitable replacement for HTML and more and more sites and becoming completely useless without it, and since mobile deices used on low capped plans and/or in area where speed is frequently limited, this is a problem.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12