Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Supposed Next-Gen iPhone Battery Image Leaked, 3.8V, 1440 mAh

Thanks

Default Supposed Next-Gen iPhone Battery Image Leaked, 3.8V, 1440 mAh

With fall quickly approaching, the launch of the next-generation iPhone is around the corner and there has been lots of “leaked” information. Over the past few weeks, we’ve seen quite a bit of images leaked, with the most notable ones being the back plates of the new iPhone. These parts helped reveal an all-new thinner enclosure, metal design, smaller dock connector, relocation of the front-facing camera, amongst other various attributes.

According to 9to5Mac source, Sonny Dickson, images of the new iPhone battery packs have been revealed. These battery packs sport a higher capacity than packs in previous generations of Apple’s iPhone. This new battery features a capacity of 1440 mAh. That is up from the capacity of 1430 mAh on the iPhone 4S and up from 1420 mAh on the iPhone 4 based on iFixYouri who examined the battery photos.

Along with the increase in battery capacity, the new battery also features a new voltage of 3.8. This is up slightly from 3.7 on both the iPhone 4S and the iPhone 4. The new battery also has an increased watts-per-hour measurement (wHr), 5.45 wHr, which is an increase from 5.3 and 5.25 on the iPhone 4S and iPhone 4, respectively. This is another battery variable that points to an increase in power available to the new iPhone. The battery’s label appears to say that it was produced in June, 2012 which seems to coincide with the next-generation iPhone component manufacturing.

While Apple has increased or tweaked the iPhone battery every year, this new battery seems to be significant due to the rumors of LTE network connectivity. LTE, infamously, requires bigger batteries due to the power that the faster network takes. It seems like the jump in battery capacity from the previous iPhones to this new iPhone is not all that big with this fact taken into consideration.

We’ll find out sooner rather than later though when more concrete information is revealed.

Source: 9to5Mac, iFixYouri

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Hmmm so an increase by 10?

not so huge increment....need more than 1440mAh

Bigger screen and only slight improvement in battery...Oh yeah lets not forget LTE. Not looking good for apple so far.
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 08-10-2012 at 04:46 AM.

only 1440mAh? is it enough?

iPhone? More like MyPhone wgr73's Avatar
    Thanks

1440mAh will make no discernible difference to the user. Keep in mind it's a higher voltage as well (more power output, even with a slightly higher mAh). I hope the processor requires less energy to run unlike the 4s which is bad. Looks like we'll see in a month or so.

I hope this Is fake.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I hope this Is fake.
    Same. This isn't much of an improvement at all. Heck yah I love improvements, but at least make them big ones.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

So, let me see if I've got all the rumors so far straight: we've got a new design that is essentially the 4S with a metal back and a screen that is taller but not wider. This makes the phone great for watching movies (something I never use it for) while not improving things like typing in portrait mode (something I do all the time). We have a new dock connector which means I'll have to buy new accessories or buy an adaptor from Apple (probably for $10-$30). Then we have LTE and a new processor, which both add speed but will also consume more power. This isn't that big a deal since my 4S is already plenty fast and has decent network speeds when I am in an area with decent AT&T coverage. And now we find out that the next iPhone may only have the tiniest of increases in the battery size to offset all these new power hogging components. The new processor better sip power like the A4 rather than gulping it down like the A5 or this phone is going to have worse battery life than the 4S, which would be really saying something.

I keep hoping these rumors turn out to be false. But since most have come with pictures and we are getting closer to the launch date, I'm not holding my breath. If the next iPhone turns out to match the rumors, I think I will be sitting this generation out and hang on to my 4S. Here's hoping there is some killer undisclosed feature that makes me change my mind!

I hope this is not real because it's not an improvement !

When has apple released a product that numerically doesn't have better battery??

You all need to calm down. Lol. The iPhone already has industry leading battery life compared to the other big android phones out there. Battery life is always subjective to those who use it. I've had my phone last 2 days on one charge. And I've had it last 8 hours. All depends on what your doing. How many messages you receive and stuff.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol you all seem to the be pros, clearly apple should just listen to you. Like they did with all there past releases...

Seriously complaining about a picture you dont even know is real, and if so, you have no idea what the rest of the insides are like, or outside in the case. So before you cry and go buy a Galaxy III s or w/e wait for the phone to come out and apple to tell you whats happening, then you can cry about it and buy it in the end.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,728 Times in 740 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    When has apple released a product that numerically doesn't have better battery??

You all need to calm down. Lol. The iPhone already has industry leading battery life compared to the other big android phones out there. Battery life is always subjective to those who use it. I've had my phone last 2 days on one charge. And I've had it last 8 hours. All depends on what your doing. How many messages you receive and stuff.
    +1

Also to the new screens that there suppose to be using are suppose to use less energy right? No one brought that up yet!

So this indicates

a) there is no LTE version for the iPhone 5 which is good news for everyone outside of USA

and b) LTE may be available on the iPhone5 S that comes out next year as they need some sort of upgrade to sell next years model

Quote Originally Posted by MacDevil7334 View Post
    So, let me see if I've got all the rumors so far straight: we've got a new design that is essentially the 4S with a metal back and a screen that is taller but not wider. This makes the phone great for watching movies (something I never use it for) while not improving things like typing in portrait mode (something I do all the time). We have a new dock connector which means I'll have to buy new accessories or buy an adaptor from Apple (probably for $10-$30). Then we have LTE and a new processor, which both add speed but will also consume more power. This isn't that big a deal since my 4S is already plenty fast and has decent network speeds when I am in an area with decent AT&T coverage. And now we find out that the next iPhone may only have the tiniest of increases in the battery size to offset all these new power hogging components. The new processor better sip power like the A4 rather than gulping it down like the A5 or this phone is going to have worse battery life than the 4S, which would be really saying something.

I keep hoping these rumors turn out to be false. But since most have come with pictures and we are getting closer to the launch date, I'm not holding my breath. If the next iPhone turns out to match the rumors, I think I will be sitting this generation out and hang on to my 4S. Here's hoping there is some killer undisclosed feature that makes me change my mind!
    You missed the fact that the watt/hour rating is up significantly, so this battery will be able to drain much faster than any previous iPhone battery

iPhone? More like MyPhone xxhorseriderxxx's Avatar
    Thanks

what makes me laugh is that this battery is by far the lowest capacity of all the phones out today... they could manage a 1700 or 1800 mAh and probably blow the competition out of the water on battery life, yet they don't. They could do like the droid razer and make a 2 day battery life at ~3300mAh but they don't, Apple products just seriously have become a niche product for the uninformed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bibi555lc View Post
    only 1440mAh? is it enough?
    No

Thanks

I still have an issue with yearly updated hardware(CELL PHONES) I just don't see the reasoning. Our contracts are 2 years, so make new tech every 2 years and make it count. These BS upgrades mostly software as of late are getting to be a bit much. I know tech takes time. Actually good tech/worthy takes time. Some of these "upgrades" are things that could have been in the previous model, cause they are not revolutionary at all. I hope this "new iPhone" really is more than the parts that MMi has been showcasing. Hope Apple is not resting on their laurels and will come through with a great quality phone. Siri should be awesome and do way more, Camera should be awesome and be at least 10-12MP, front facing camera 8MP, screen size (im fine with the 3.5) 4" to compete with Android, battery life substantially longer by now(its been years since the 1st iPhone)and they last the same amount of time on a single charge, Colors would be nice(thanks for the white iPhone)red, blue, green..whatever you like MAKE IT haha! Host of other standard things IMHO..we shall see.

Improvements won't matter your still gonna get the new iPhone, like I will :-)

Well they have to leave some room for improvement for the release of the I phone 7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast