Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Retail Stores Given Green Light to Price Match Some iPhone Deals

Default Apple Retail Stores Given Green Light to Price Match Some iPhone Deals

Certain authorized Apple resellers such as Best Buy, Target, Sprint, and Radio Shack have been offering a near $50 discount on iPhone models recently, signaling the upcoming release of the next generation iPhone from Apple this fall. Many people have taken advantage of these deals, unfortunately not everyone who bought an iPhone recently was given the $50 recess, since Apple stores are not following these same sales.

As of today however, MacRumors reports that Apple’s retail stores have been given the green light to match the prices of these third party authorized Apple resellers. This means you can walk into an Apple store and buy an iPhone 4S priced at $199 with a contract at the discounted price of $149.99; a total of $49.01 off of Apple's suggested retail price – various iPhone 4S models are included. The same deal goes for the iPhone 4, which is normally $99 and is now discounted to $49.99.

Anyone that plans to take advantage of the deal will have to bring in proof that they’ve found the price lower elsewhere. Unfortunately, Apple will not price-match anything lower than $149.99 if you happen to find something cheaper. So if you find a better deal, you should probably invest your business in the cheaper deal.

The price decrease means that iPhone customers can save a few bucks on a new iPhone in Apple’s own territory should they decide that an iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S will suit their needs. We however, would recommend that potential iPhone customers hold off to see what the next generation iPhone has under the hood, as the extra $49.01 might be a worthwhile investment in the new handset.

Sources: MacRumors
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 08-09-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,248 Posts

Great news! Now, all we have to do is:

-Google 'iPhone sale'
    -Find a legitimate business that discounts the iPhone to $149
    -Print out proof of the discount
    -Find an Apple Store 'somewhere' nearby
    -Wait in line for 30min at said Apple Store to meet w/ an Apple employee
    -Apple employee has to verify your proof of a discounted iPhone is valid
    -Manager gets called to approve the discount
    -Buy iPhone
    -Wait for a Mac to open up so the employee can activate the iPhone
    -And then you're all done!!!

Or...

-Walk into Best Buy
    -Grab the first employee you see
    -Ask for the discounted iPhone
    -Activate iPhone immediately
    -Walk out of Best Buy ؟
    Last edited by thazsar; 08-10-2012 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post

-Google 'iPhone sale'
    -Buy iPhone

Or...

-Walk into Best Buy
    -Walk out of Best Buy
    Dafuh? Youve got problems bro... You missed the whole point in this article just cause you hate activating your phone at apple? You do realize that one memory from getting an iPhone at apple doesn't represent their customer service. And on another not if theres a discount at best buy why would you try to get the discount at apple..
    I really see no point in your post..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Dafuh? Youve got problems bro... You missed the whole point in this article just cause you hate activating your phone at apple? You do realize that one memory from getting an iPhone at apple doesn't represent their customer service. And on another not if theres a discount at best buy why would you try to get the discount at apple..
    I really see no point in your post..
    It was a joke, dude! Lighten up!!!

Some of us on MMI are actually happy & sarcastic, with a bit of amazing, as well!

I was just pointing out the humorous (yet, possible) steps to getting the discount at an Apple Store vs. other stores

-Google 'iPhone sale'
    -Buy iPhone

Or...

-Walk into Best Buy
    -Walk out of Best Buy

Except you can also get your phone set up at Apple, if you aren't a techie like the people that visit this site...and umm...have you been here in the last year? iPhones have activated themselves since iOS 5...nice try there. I realize it's partly sarcasm, but come on. Not to mention you can't just 'find the first employee you see', because they have their own mobile section.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DubbaCTrumpetMSU View Post
    Except you can also get your phone set up at Apple, if you aren't a techie like the people that visit this site...and umm...have you been here in the last year? iPhones have activated themselves since iOS 5...nice try there. I realize it's partly sarcasm, but come on. Not to mention you can't just 'find the first employee you see', because they have their own mobile section.
    OH - MY - GOODNESS!!!!

You guys are lame!!! It was a JOKE! Enjoy your life of 'no-fun' and leave it alone! Sorry you don't understand humor...

Is MMI seriously just a bunch of critics and haters, now?!?!

It was a joke, dude! Lighten up!!!

Some of us on MMI are actually happy & sarcastic, with a bit of amazing, as well!

I was just pointing out the humorous (yet, possible) steps to getting the discount at an Apple Store vs. other stores
    You should look into putting emoticons.. That's the closest thing to sarcasm font there is haha anyway my bad haha I'm just used to the heated debates on this haha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    You should look into putting emoticons.. That's the closest thing to sarcasm font there is haha anyway my bad haha I'm just used to the heated debates on this haha
    No prob! I hear ya about the 'used to heated debates' thing...it's getting ridiculous!!!

There actually is a symbol for sarcasm called the Irony Mark! It was created in the 1900s to suggest irony/sarcasm but most people don't know that and it's kind of a pain to insert on the iPhone.

You can find the Irony Mark in the Arabic Keyboard (for some weird reason؟ ) and it looks like this (minus the parenthesis): ( ؟ )

BTW, I thought this was hilarious, "Dafuh? Youve got problems bro..." Nice one!!!
    Last edited by thazsar; 08-10-2012 at 09:19 AM.

Thanks

I found the first comment hilarious..a bit touchy in here today i see. Apple has made it pretty easy to setup your own phone. I know some are a bit tech illiterate and there is a learning curve of course. Also, if you need to move contacts, calendar items and such its probably a good idea to have someone with experience do it and show you how its done. Other than that you're good. Most basic smart phone to use in my opinion. As for the deals, they'll get better as the new phone approaches :]