Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Get an RSS Feed in Notification Center

Default How to Get an RSS Feed in Notification Center

Apple’s own two stock Notification Center widgets are wonderfully made and useful at times. However one useful widget that would fit right in with the two of them is an RSS feed widget. Fortunately, a new free Notification Center widget has been introduced to Cydia – iRSS Widget for Notificaiton Center by iOS developer andreamela.

As illustrated above, the widget looks professionally done – simple, elegant, and displays news by scrolling right to left just like the way Apple’s Stocks widget does. Instead of a Yahoo icon, you can see an RSS icon at the bottom right of the widget. The widget is also the same size as the rest of Apple’s widgets, so it fits right in and allows you to view news from your favorite news site.

Since the widget displays news from your favorite news site, it’s up to you to tell the widget what your favorite news site is. You can do this from the preferences pane that you find in the Settings application, as shown below:

The preferences pane is in a different language, but this isn’t much of a problem because it’s straightforward enough for anyone to figure out. All you need to do is paste the RSS link of your favorite news site in the text field, the respring the device, and your Notification Center will have a live RSS feed in it.

In addition to setting your own news site, you will need to visit the Notifications preferences pane to enable the widget in Notification Center when you finish downloading it. You can perform the exact opposite action to disable the widget at any time. The widget works great with applications like Dashboard X and IntelliScreenX.

Unfortunately it only lets you add one news site, but for a simple little RSS widget, you just can't beat the free price tag!

Name: iRss Widget for Notification Center
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 5
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: andreamela
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

Doesn't show up if you are using Wikillbackground. Bummer

Quote Originally Posted by bencjedi View Post
    Doesn't show up if you are using Wikillbackground. Bummer
    Rsswidget or feeds works just fine and its lockinfo compatable

There are much better rss widgets in cydia than these! there is the free rss widget for notifcation centre. If your looking for something even better and have money inteliscreenx (isx) is a lot better again then all of these widgets. The only downsides I see to these widgets is that they only allow one feed (with the exception of isx). I want to have multiple feeds with a seperate widget for each one on my homescreen...

Also while we are on the subject of rss feeds if any developers are listening I would love to see an rss widget for siri and would definatly pay $1-$2 if any developers are reading this
    Last edited by aidanharris; 08-08-2012 at 07:30 PM.

What is the rss URL for modmyi?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eightyk88 View Post
    What is the rss URL for modmyi?
    This is what I found last night and used for my feed: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/external.php?forumids=4

If you don't use a good one it crashes a lot and actually freezes up the phone.

Thanks

intellescreenX has this option for free.