+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Instantly Clear Text Messaging Text Field With One Tap With 'ClearButton'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Instantly Clear Text Messaging Text Field With One Tap With 'ClearButton'

If you don’t like using your time to highlight text and delete text in the Messages application, or repeatedly tapping on the backspace button or holding own on the backspace button to delete text in the Messages application, then a new jailbreak tweak called ClearButton by iOS developer Sirex will let you instantly clear the text field to make room for a new message.

As illustrated above, the tweak adds a new button to the Messages application interface. The button, when tapped, clears all text in the text field. This gives you room to begin a new message from scratch without having to use cumbersome methods of deleting the text. It’s especially useful for deleting text from the field when you type something out and then decide it’s something you don’t want to say.

ClearButton comes with a preferences pane in the Settings application where you can enable and disable the tweak on demand and adjust the side of the application where you want the button to appear. By default, all switches are enabled. We recommend only making the button appear on the left side of the application because the placement of the button on the right side of the screen doesn't feel as natural. If it is your preference, you can have the button on both sides at once.

After you make any changes from the settings application, you will need to close the Messages application from the multitasking App Switcher and reopen the application for the changes to take effect. The tweak works for both regular text messages and iMessages.

The button will overlap your chat bubbles, so this tweak isn’t for anyone that likes being able to see all their messages in a non-cluttered form. In addition, there is a small bug that causes the button to disappear when you tap on the edit button and not reappear until you restart the Messages application – the developer said this will be fixed in the next update.

Name: ClearButton
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 5
    Repo: Bigboss
    Developer: Sirex
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

iPhone? More like MyPhone DoWoRkSoN's Avatar
    Thanks

Any idea if this tweak works with other messaging applications such as iRealSMS or BiteSMS???

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoWoRkSoN View Post
    Any idea if this tweak works with other messaging applications such as iRealSMS or BiteSMS???
    Only Messages.app

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Would be a really handy tweak if it wasn't so oddly placed. Maybe make it more like Safari/Chrome URL bar where theres an X at the far right that fits in the bar. If it was like that, it would be great.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I don't understand it they made it so stand out. A clear button should not only be clear but be covert and be clear.. Especially if they are going to paste it in the middle of the screen... Also I can't see the point in this in the messages app. Considering if you are texting and do come to that point where you have to write a novel you never want to clear it all. And if it's something small the delete button is already useful enough for it haha..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWoRkSoN View Post
    Yes it works fine with BiteSMS. Just downloaded to my iPhone 4S running OS 5.1 and tested on BiteSMS app. Love it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This morning i upgraded and lost it, now it not shows anywhere in messages app, not even in native. Yesterday it was fine in both..BiteSMS and native. WTF.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i personally think this is retarded because theres already a stock feature where if you shake your phone phone you have the option to do the same thing.. just shake and press undo typing. waste of 99 cents lol..

9. The Following User Says Thank You to adrianZ3R0 For This Useful Post:

MountainCubX (08-12-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianZ3R0 View Post
    i personally think this is retarded because theres already a stock feature where if you shake your phone phone you have the option to do the same thing.. just shake and press undo typing. waste of 99 cents lol..
    Thx for remind me this tip buddy. I totally forget about this, wow. Yes you absolutely right, this is nonsense tweak, sorry 99 cents i wasted.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianZ3R0 View Post
    right... i'd rather keep my 99c and activate that feat.
    thanks! *:twothumbsup:

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    I don't understand it they made it so stand out. A clear button should not only be clear but be covert and be clear.. Especially if they are going to paste it in the middle of the screen... Also I can't see the point in this in the messages app. Considering if you are texting and do come to that point where you have to write a novel you never want to clear it all. And if it's something small the delete button is already useful enough for it haha..
    This is exactly what I was wondering; why is it out in the field like that, where it could easily be triggered if one wanted to scroll back.