+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Recently Released Internal Samsung Report Heavily Favors Apple's Claims

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Recently Released Internal Samsung Report Heavily Favors Apple's Claims

While the Apple vs. Samsung patent infringement trial continues, a major piece of evidence in Apple’s favor has recently surfaced. The evidence is a 132-page internal Samsung report discussing why the Galaxy line of smartphones (in the case of the document, the S1) should behave more like an iPhone and feature a similar user interface.

For those of you who didn’t already know, the basis of Apple’s case against Samsung is the fact that the Cupertino California company believes that after the debut of the iPhone in 2007, Samsung’s smartphone design drastically changed into designs that closely mirrored that of Apple’s iPhone. This new piece of evidence support’s Apple’s claims directly as it seems to evaluate the Galaxy phone’s hardware and software components against that of the iPhone. According to a summary by AllThingsD:

In short, the document makes the case that the Galaxy (identified as the “S1″ in this document) would be better if it behaved more like the iPhone and featured a similar user interface.
    A document such as this one certainly can’t be good news for Samsung as it seems to help prove Apple’s claims to be true. We’ll have to wait and see how important of a role it plays and what effect it has on the jury.

For those of you who want to check out the document in further detail, you can do so by clicking here.

Source: AllThingsD

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone runey71's Avatar
    Thanks

I think there is only one thing to say to this... LOL

Grabs popcorn and waits for the phandroids to rush to Samsungs defense. This is gonna be a great show

Thanks
    Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,606 Posts

Confirms my suspicions...innovate or why not just imitate...
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Apple officially won this case. Apple wanted to prove that samsung was copying their products and they just proved it. Although im not suprised because when i first saw the galaxy tab i seriously though it was an ipad. Before the add said Samsung galaxy tab.
    This is great.

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jarolin Vargas View Post
    This is great.
    You're kidding, right? Do you know what will happen if apple wins this? We will see a heavily slowed down and monopolized market. If Samsung cannot compete with apple, who will? Apple will stop adding 'revolutionary' things to its devices (software, hardware) because they wont have Samsung to challenge them! If a company seriously tries to trademark and sue another company for using a rectangle as the shape of their phone, that it just wack. It's so off. It's not fair for apple to do that. Or any company for that matter. IMO the biggest reason apple is as big as they are now, is they patent every little thing of their devices. eg 'slide to unlock'. Thats a joke! Especially if they didn't have it first.

Apples stuff is great. I have an iPhone4 and iPad3. Not thinking of changing any time soon, but if another company makes something great - id be happy to jump ship in a heart beat. People who dedicate themselves to company's and buy whatever they sell (ie 'fanboys'), are not only sheep, but mindless drones. I hope for all that is good, that Samsung win this case, and every appeal apple throws at the courts.

Thanks

Wow! 132 pages of wow! I wish I was there to watch the trial Honestly with documentation like this, Samsung will have a hard time. Only time will tell what the judge/jury thinks.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Samsung is stupid for copying Apple in the first [lace. It eventually catches up to you no matter what, and that time is now for Samsung apparently. Apple is so aggressive with patents, I'm shocked Samsung was stupid enough to try and copy Apple.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

Ouch, Samsung...

Bet u were hoping that document was never found!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keenpois0n View Post
    You're kidding, right? Do you know what will happen if apple wins this? We will see a heavily slowed down and monopolized market. If Samsung cannot compete with apple, who will? Apple will stop adding 'revolutionary' things to its devices (software, hardware) because they wont have Samsung to challenge them! If a company seriously tries to trademark and sue another company for using a rectangle as the shape of their phone, that it just wack. It's so off. It's not fair for apple to do that. Or any company for that matter. IMO the biggest reason apple is as big as they are now, is they patent every little thing of their devices. eg 'slide to unlock'. Thats a joke! Especially if they didn't have it first.

Apples stuff is great. I have an iPhone4 and iPad3. Not thinking of changing any time soon, but if another company makes something great - id be happy to jump ship in a heart beat. People who dedicate themselves to company's and buy whatever they sell (ie 'fanboys'), are not only sheep, but mindless drones. I hope for all that is good, that Samsung win this case, and every appeal apple throws at the courts.
    So people that have a favorite Sports team are mindless drones and sheep too? They buy jerseys, tickets, posters, and hats to support their team, and even when the team isn't doing so well they still support them 100%...and that makes them drones? Why do you care if people decide to support Apple and buy their products? That's the whole point of being a, "fan" of something, supporting them no matter what. That doesn't make them any less of a person or, "sheep". I've never understood that argument...like Apple supporters don't know that something out there might be a bit better then what they have at the moment...I'm sure most do, but they like Apple and if they want to stay with them then that's ok. I just don't understand the bashing behind that just because someone supports a company....whatev's.

Anyway....Samsung has clearly copied Apple and it's only a matter of time before they take this case.

Thanks

Here's my take on ur comment...

I think that Apple winning this case is actually 'better' for technology! It will force companies to create new ideas instead of mimicking what's been done. Im not saying that I want Apple to win (I could care less) but how can we progress if everything stayed/looked the same???

Just sayin...

Green Apple
    Thanks

^^True Indeed^^ Now let's listen to all the whiners that were against Apple and the patent law-suits that have come about. I'm sure this have to bring a different meaning to the reason why the law-suits are in place in the first place and expresses Samsungs's true innovation right?!?!? Lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBanks View Post
    ^^True Indeed^^ Now let's listen to all the whiners that were against Apple and the patent law-suits that have come about. I'm sure this have to bring a different meaning to the reason why the law-suits are in place in the first place and expresses Samsungs's true innovation right?!?!? Lol
    +1

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Here's my take on ur comment...

I think that Apple winning this case is actually 'better' for technology! It will force companies to create new ideas instead of mimicking what's been done. Im not saying that I want Apple to win (I could care less) but how can we progress if everything stayed/looked the same???

Just sayin...
    This is the most logical and respectful stance that I have seen concerning this trial. *slow clap

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i seriously doubt this guy is a iphone/ipad user, or pretending to be.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Still waiting for more anti apple members of mmi (The Premier Community For Modding Your APPLE Idevice) to start complaining "OMG crApple is so unfair, They want to protect their designs and its not fair". Where is PokemonDesigner?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,606 Posts

I actually think your statement is fundamentally flawed.

Firstly you are promoting the idea of copying ideas, how is that better for technology? So instead of companies actually being innovative they should just copy each other? Is that actually moving the tech area forward? Look at the past, Apple actually does what they want regardless of other companies. They brought us the iPod when no one else had vision. The iPad...the list continues really...
    You say the fanboys are mindless drones? I actually think the companies that can't actually think of their own ideas are mindless drones, designing replica devices. Companies like that can't advance technology themselves so they copy. Seems pretty mindless to me. Why doesn't the likes of Samsung actually design something that is so left field that it challenges Apple beyond what they offer currently?
    I think you underestimate Apple with respect to not providing revolutionary features to their devices. What's the bet when the new iPhone is released the next Samsung phone will no doubt feature the same or slightly varied technology in it???or if Apple wins this case Samsung might actually have to think above and beyond what it actually does? e.g not being mindless...
    Lastly if Apple were to lose this case I think it is then we will stop seeing revolutionary features on new products, because what is the point when companies will simply imitate instead of innovating.

At the end of the day it's not about what's fair...it's about what's right!
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 08-08-2012 at 10:29 AM.
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

Green Apple
    Thanks

eerily quiet on the fandroid front...

Thanks

I was thinking the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by runey71 View Post

Grabs popcorn and waits for the phandroids to rush to Samsungs defense. This is gonna be a great show

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trek-life View Post
    This is the most logical and respectful stance that I have seen concerning this trial. *slow clap
    LOL! Thanx!!!

Girl At Party: Dude, you can't just start a slow clap at any time and expect everyone to join in. You have to wait for the right moment.

Guy At Party: Oh, okay... But h-how will I know when its the right moment?

Girl At Party: Oh don't worry, you'll know.
    — Not Another Teen Movie

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by runey71 View Post

Wow. You are clearly an apple fanboy who is happy that crapple got lucky two times in a row. They won't be able to pull it off again. And I hate using androids so you can't say that I'm a "Phandroid" so back off.