+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Recently Released Internal Samsung Report Heavily Favors Apple's Claims

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by keenpois0n You're kidding, right? Do you know what will happen if apple wins this? We will see a heavily slowed down and monopolized market. If Samsung cannot
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keenpois0n View Post
    You're kidding, right? Do you know what will happen if apple wins this? We will see a heavily slowed down and monopolized market. If Samsung cannot compete with apple, who will? Apple will stop adding 'revolutionary' things to its devices (software, hardware) because they wont have Samsung to challenge them! If a company seriously tries to trademark and sue another company for using a rectangle as the shape of their phone, that it just wack. It's so off. It's not fair for apple to do that. Or any company for that matter. IMO the biggest reason apple is as big as they are now, is they patent every little thing of their devices. eg 'slide to unlock'. Thats a joke! Especially if they didn't have it first.

Apples stuff is great. I have an iPhone4 and iPad3. Not thinking of changing any time soon, but if another company makes something great - id be happy to jump ship in a heart beat. People who dedicate themselves to company's and buy whatever they sell (ie 'fanboys'), are not only sheep, but mindless drones. I hope for all that is good, that Samsung win this case, and every appeal apple throws at the courts.
    I'm pretty sure Samsung isn't the only company who, besides Apple of course, makes an impact on the market. The cell phone market to be specific...HTC does a fine job as well as Motorola. Right now, the focus is all on Samsung vs Apple because of the heat of the moment, but consider how Apple has had battles with other companies as well. So I'm sure Samsung taking a hit for what it so obviously did wrong here, which is copying Apple, isn't going to slow down the market.

Secondly, fanboyism isn't exclusive to one party. Android fanboys are just as much fanboys as Apple fanboys. In essence, everybody who has an opinion is a fanboy of something. Clearly you've got some uh...Samsung fanboyism going on there. How can somebody possibly come out with any logic when the evidence is so flamboyantly clear that Samsung is copying Apple? It just goes to show even with straight facts there are still people out there who are much too proud to accept the truth.

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    So people that have a favorite Sports team are mindless drones and sheep too? They buy jerseys, tickets, posters, and hats to support their team, and even when the team isn't doing so well they still support them 100%...and that makes them drones? Why do you care if people decide to support Apple and buy their products? That's the whole point of being a, "fan" of something, supporting them no matter what. That doesn't make them any less of a person or, "sheep". I've never understood that argument...like Apple supporters don't know that something out there might be a bit better then what they have at the moment...I'm sure most do, but they like Apple and if they want to stay with them then that's ok. I just don't understand the bashing behind that just because someone supports a company....whatev's.

Anyway....Samsung has clearly copied Apple and it's only a matter of time before they take this case.
    +1

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

All Samsuck does is COPY Apple, they DON'T innovate. They price their cra**y phones at a lower price and people say this is competition, no, just no.

As other people have said, Apple winning will be a great thing because this will force other manufacturers to come up with ideas instead of following Apple and using their ideas hoping to get a share of Apple's pie. Lol Apple pie.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I do think the current US patent system is broken, people have been complaining about if for a long time, even before Apple revolutionized the smartphone and phone market.

I also think it's possible this report was just a way of comparing a prototype to the market leader. As a researcher I OFTEN compare my work to scientists whom I admire and/or are field leaders. I do this not because I want to use their exact research methods, but I want to compare and contrast what I am doing right/wrong with their work. I also hope to improve upon their methods, perhaps this is what Samsung was doing.

That being said, this document might not bode well for Samsung. The current US patent system encourages unique innovation, not so much on improving on what's been done.

I'm not saying that the Galaxy S is an improvement of the iPhone, on the contrary as a previous Droid user I see that their product is not well polished as the iPhone 4, but it's an alternative. Owning a droid smartphone has a cheaper initial cost, wireless carriers must love this. An alternative at what cost I guess...

okay enough rambling

wow, android leads apple in smartphone market share 4X, actually, i take back my previous comment, let them have it apple, i want to see more competition
    Google's Android smartphone market share quadruples Apple's iOS - Aug. 8, 2012
    Last edited by daviedave; 08-08-2012 at 01:48 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I am 100% sure every company checks out the competitor's products. What I find funny is that Apple fanboys, defended Apple when they added the pull down notification center, that Android already had. Personally I see the document simply stating "Apple's page indication is better than what we have". Not the smartest thing for them to just change the color, there are other ways to improve the product. I will agree there are a lot of similarities in some of Samsung's devices.

For the record I have never & will never own a Samsung phone, or tablet. I do own a Samsung TV, hate their mobile products with a passion.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,644 Times in 689 Posts

Well Nokia used their brains an came up with a nice looking phone for running windows. So if people would use the brains an innovate instead of taking the easy road an copy others? Lol ;-p

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    I am 100% sure every company checks out the competitor's products. What I find funny is that Apple fanboys, defended Apple when they added the pull down notification center, that Android already had. Personally I see the document simply stating "Apple's page indication is better than what we have". Not the smartest thing for them to just change the color, there are other ways to improve the product. I will agree there are a lot of similarities in some of Samsung's devices.

For the record I have never & will never own a Samsung phone, or tablet. I do own a Samsung TV, hate their mobile products with a passion.
    Yeah...not everybody defends Apple for every move it makes. Just bc some people like Apple doesn't mean they're standing behind Apple 100% of the time even when it's at fault.

The document had a picture of the iPhone and directly compares itself to the iPhone. It's drawing concepts from the iPhone. How many devices out there have different color icons to indicate the page...I'm sure the iPhone isn't the only one. Why use Apple's iPhone in the document is the question. It's not "what" is being copied, it's the concept that Samsung is using the iPhone to derive the idea from the looks of this document.

iPhone? More like MyPhone runey71's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    Wow. You are clearly an apple fanboy who is happy that crapple got lucky two times in a row. They won't be able to pull it off again. And I hate using androids so you can't say that I'm a "Phandroid" so back off.
    Mate I have iOS and Android devices. They both have there pros and cons. I'm no fanboy. I just love watching the fanboys make idiots of themselves. So grats you just met my expectations (regardless of whether you are a fanboy or not). *eats some more popcorn*

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keenpois0n View Post
    You're kidding, right? Do you know what will happen if apple wins this? We will see a heavily slowed down and monopolized market. If Samsung cannot compete with apple, who will? Apple will stop adding 'revolutionary' things to its devices (software, hardware) because they wont have Samsung to challenge them! If a company seriously tries to trademark and sue another company for using a rectangle as the shape of their phone, that it just wack. It's so off. It's not fair for apple to do that. Or any company for that matter. IMO the biggest reason apple is as big as they are now, is they patent every little thing of their devices. eg 'slide to unlock'. Thats a joke! Especially if they didn't have it first.

Apples stuff is great. I have an iPhone4 and iPad3. Not thinking of changing any time soon, but if another company makes something great - id be happy to jump ship in a heart beat. People who dedicate themselves to company's and buy whatever they sell (ie 'fanboys'), are not only sheep, but mindless drones. I hope for all that is good, that Samsung win this case, and every appeal apple throws at the courts.
    First apple and Samsung aren't the only phone creators.
    Second they never said Samsung couldn't compete they just can't copy all of apples designs.
    Third look at android they updated their software and suddenly their phone wasn't banned.
    Fourth quit favoring other competitors apple has a right to sue people for infringing patents they've requested for years and used in their phones. Don't act like you don't act petty when someone copies your ideas and worst of all makes money off of it.
    Five apple is being petty but either way apple will still have competitions Samsung knowingly infringed patents just look at the document above.
    Six and best of all look at the bottom of that page haha attorneys only hahah I'm lmao haha

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Here's my take on ur comment...

I think that Apple winning this case is actually 'better' for technology! It will force companies to create new ideas instead of mimicking what's been done. Im not saying that I want Apple to win (I could care less) but how can we progress if everything stayed/looked the same???

Just sayin...
    I wish I could put the things in my thoughts into words as well as you can well done sir. You are invited to apples attorney
    Last edited by Mrteacup; 08-08-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Thanks

Apple controlling everything will not "force" other companies to make better technology it will limit it. we all know Apple already limits the capabilities of their own devices just so they can release it in later devices and turn more profit.

The advancement of technology it all about building upon good ideas. Yeah sure Apple had a few good ideas about user interface. but Android/Samsung took that and surpassed that s*** to new heights!! if other tech companies had taken the approach that Apple has, the market would be stagnated and we'd still be looking at black screens with green print.

Apple aren't the only camp that have good ideas. But if the company monopolizes the market they'll be the only avenue to express them. And that sucks cus its Apple, with their restrictions.

And a few other points:
    How many ways can you make a fully touch screen rectangular smartphone?
    The homescreen icon user interface is not very far from what we've had on desktop computers for decades.
    Notification Center? How do people forget this blatant copy off Android?

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12