+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Square Coming to Starbucks This Fall

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Early Wednesday, news came directly from Square CEO Jack Dorsey that the popular and thriving mobile payments platform is coming to Starbucks this fall. The java giant is on board
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Square Coming to Starbucks This Fall

Early Wednesday, news came directly from Square CEO Jack Dorsey that the popular and thriving mobile payments platform is coming to Starbucks this fall. The java giant is on board with Square and, within weeks, will begin processing credit and debit card transactions at all Starbucks stores in the United States.

As part of the package deal, Starbucks will invest $25 million in Square and also take an equity stake in the business.

According to other details emerging about the new partnership, customers will eventually be able to place their orders and charge purchases to their credit cards simply by stating their names.

"When Starbucks builds the Square Directory into their apps and in-store Digital Network, it gives Square new visibility, driving more customers to opt-in to Square," Dorsey said in an email this morning announcing the deal with Starbucks. "And with nearly 7,000 Starbucks stores soon accepting Square, these new payers will be able to find your business (including coffeehouses) and pay with their name, building community and creating value."

Industry sources who have already weighed in on the coupling believe that it's the clearest indication yet of the mobile payments revolution going mainstream. "It's a trailblazing deal for us," admits Ricardo Reyes, a spokesman for Square.

Source: Square

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 670 Posts

Pray to god that just stating your name isn't all they want to verify your purchase. So if i say my name is Joe Blow? The next 5 people behind me can say my name is Joe Blow also because they heard me say my name. Be better off with a bio-metric thumb or finger print scanner.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

At first I thought apple patented the square too. Then I realized this had nothing todo with apple then I realize they said app so app = AppStore = apple I guess we just proved AppStore isn't a generic word it means apple now..

iPhone? More like MyPhone LTechTalk's Avatar
    Thanks

Yay ! I love starbucks 😄😊😃