+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Patent Outlines NFC Enabled Shopping Application

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Patent Outlines NFC Enabled Shopping Application

An Apple patent published today by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office outlines an app that assists shoppers by providing item information for scanned items.

Numerous third-party applications already exist enabling customers to scan items and look up a litany of product information and Apple’s app outlined in patent No. 8,239,276 isn’t much different, and actually mentions aggregating information from other shopping list apps and sources.

The app allows shoppers to scan products and create a digital shopping list complete with information like price, consumer ratings, and product quality. The app would allow shoppers to split up their shopping lists based which retailers are selling the items they’re interested in and which retailers have the best deals.

While the app would utilize already available barcode scanning technology as well as NFC technology that would identify products via embedded RFID tags. The inclusion of NFC technology in this latest only adds more fuel to the Apple iWallet and NFC payment system rumors.

Whether or not Apple includes NFC tech into its next iPhone is still only speculation, but the time for NFC is quickly approaching. The largest problem Apple and other potential proponents of NFC payment technology face is convincing shoppers there is a distinct advantage to using NFC over cash and credit/debit cards. Right now NFC tech is more cumbersome than it is convenient.

Source: Wired

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Not very innovative.

Livin the iPhone Life Dark_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Breezer23 View Post
    Not very innovative.
    That's cuz apple doesn't innovate they stay with their current stuff and sue those that try to innovate lol

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

Thanks

This better not be granted.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ninja View Post
    That's cuz apple doesn't innovate they stay with their current stuff and sue those that try to innovate lol
    You're right creating the iPad or MacBook air or MacBook pro retina display isn't considered as innovating.

Thanks
    You're an idiot. Not only is everything you said BS, but it's a HUGE smelly pile of BS.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Pretty soon you will need a Harvard degree just to go food shopping.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoabean772 View Post
    This better not be granted.
    If its published, its granted.

Livin the iPhone Life Dark_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    You're right creating the iPad or MacBook air or MacBook pro retina display isn't considered as innovating.
    Umm Samsung made a few of those screens hahaha. Apple don't make their own screens dude.

Quote Originally Posted by firetwuck View Post
    You're an idiot. Not only is everything you said BS, but it's a HUGE smelly pile of BS.
    Awww, did I hurt ur whittle feelings? I'm sorry I'm not a blind apple is the almighty everything robot like most. I was just stating an opinion. Btw what I was saying kind of a joke, but since u wanna be a freaking jerk, then it's kinda true. Yes their devices are good but their OS is not innovating anymore. Compare Android Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwhich... Now compare iOS 4 to iOS 5! Tell me who's making major changes? You lil douche.
    Last edited by Dark_Ninja; 08-08-2012 at 05:51 AM.

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

Thanks

Umm Samsung made a few of those screens hahaha. Apple don't make their own screens dude.

Awww, did I hurt ur whittle feelings? I'm sorry I'm not a blind apple is the almighty everything robot like most. I was just stating an opinion. Btw what I was saying kind of a joke, but since u wanna be a freaking jerk, then it's kinda true. Yes their devices are good but their OS is not innovating anymore. Compare Android Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwhich... Now compare iOS 4 to iOS 5! Tell me who's making major changes? You lil douche.
    Ever since, the iOS is inferior againts android.

Thanks
    Apple use to be very innovative and they still are to an extent. What I dislike is the perceived confusion people have with innovative and inventive.