+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Save Battery Life and View Battery Stats With 'BattSaver'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by alexwallis Hi, thanks for your reply, I will certainly be contacting saurik, I followed your advice and disabled all addons apart from BattSaver and then both rebooted
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexwallis View Post
    Hi, thanks for your reply, I will certainly be contacting saurik,
    I followed your advice and disabled all addons apart from BattSaver and then both rebooted and respringed the phone.
    The app still wouldn't run, in my view its clearly still buggy and wasn't anywhere near ready for release.
    I may purchase the app again in the future, but I will certainly be trying it out first especially after this experience, and if its good then yes I will buy.
    But as the old saying goes, once bitten twice shy.
    The only think left to suggest short of a restore is remove the BattSaver App do a cold reboot (Hold both the power button and home button at the same time continually until the apple logo reappears then Release) and reinstall the app and test.
    The only other option u have is to look at the crash reports to see why it crashes
    the logs are at
    Settings/General/About/Diagnostic & Usage/Diagnostic & Usage Data
    It should be the latest crash report or actually be names battsaver or iOptimizeUrBattery If you cant make any sense of it post here but i'd redact any sensitive info if included it the report UUID etc

iPhone? More like MyPhone Golfinglenn's Avatar
    Thanks

Can someone describe to me what those modes mean? I am curious if I am connected to Wifi and have it in aggressive mode, will I still get all texts and email pushes instantly? Then if I am in aggressive and not connected to wifi, it goes to normal? Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Weird .. it says 21 comments to the article, but when I logged in to comment it says 1 comment .. when I log out they are all there... Ugh!

No clue if anyone can see this then .. but I purchased the app and ever since then my wifi works but after a while.. wifi quits working all together, even if I go into settings.. disable wifi, re-enable it .. it won't connect.. it does this at work as well .. then when I go into the app and set the power saving to none ( it was set to normal ) .. wifi begins working again..

Thanks

Doesn't work as advertised. Sometimes the radios don't come on and a respring doesn't help, so a reboot is required. This seems to happen when you bring up your sbsettings, causing some sort of conflict with the app meaning your toggles on sbsettings take precedent

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I bought BattSaver from Cydia, is just another crapping way to spent three bucks, it’s worthless, even if you apply your custom settings it will turn everything off, which means you may as well just switch your device completely off to have the same results, nothing works; emails, sms, lockinfo , nothing shows in nine hours, and even with the phone connected to power.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hedrush View Post
    Doesn't work as advertised. Sometimes the radios don't come on and a respring doesn't help, so a reboot is required. This seems to happen when you bring up your sbsettings, causing some sort of conflict with the app meaning your toggles on sbsettings take precedent
    I agree it doesn't work as advertised but the toggles in sbsettings are only shortcuts to the toggles in the settings app e.g. Settings/WiFi or Settings/General/Network/Mobile Data
    I've given it a go for a few days and got rid, I suppose if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

And everybody seems to be having different Problems/Issues/Conflicts so Its not clear what the issue is. If this was the only thing installed on a freshly JB'en device I may do what is says on the tin but I don't think it's worth the effort of testing that theory....

Thanks

I told you from the beginning , this product doesn't work as advertised. is full of bugs and I hope if they do and update to be for free and not BattSave 2.1 and another $3. Conclusion never buy until you see comments and feed back from regular Joe like me and not programming gurus.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, I woke up this morning and found a message from Xvolks in my inbox, so that's progress.
    I have checked my phone, and found crash reports relating to BattSaver, I have replied to him asking how I submit these to him, as I have never submitted reports to a developer before, so not sure how to do it.
    I guess it might involve installing crash reporter and syslogd?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexwallis View Post
    Well, I woke up this morning and found a message from Xvolks in my inbox, so that's progress.
    I have checked my phone, and found crash reports relating to BattSaver, I have replied to him asking how I submit these to him, as I have never submitted reports to a developer before, so not sure how to do it.
    I guess it might involve installing crash reporter and syslogd?
    No need for crash reporter in if i remember correctly in cydia/manage.packages into Battsaver thats installed then contact then author it should attach cydia log and dkpg log to a email u can also put text in the body of the email.
    Or the easy was is to go into the crash report and select all, copy and paste into a email
    Last edited by Gavla79; 08-08-2012 at 07:19 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought this on day one. 1.0.1 didn't save settings. Waited for 1.0.2. Volks said he worked out all bugs. He didn't and he hasn't responded to any of my emails or tweets. The problems I'm still seeing on 1.0.2:

- Even though the settings say they have saved, they are not functioning. I have the 3G radio set to STAY ON yet whenever I connect to a WiFi connection, it turns off and stays off until I manually turn it back on. Then after a few minutes, it turns back off.

- Since I've downloaded this, I've had the 4S No Service bug not once but TWICE now. Since uninstalling, it hasn't happened since.

This has bugs and needs to be fixed ASAP. You can't just release a mod with these kinds of capabilities that doesn't work nearly as described.

Green Apple
    Thanks

This app sucks. Period. I've never seen an app that has been so aggressively advertised that DOES NOT WORK. Yes, it will turn your radios off but, no matter what settings you have set, they do no turn back on. THIS is the main reason why people use nefarious repos.

Thanks

Love the idea, but app has lots of bugs. Data has to be turned on manually, even after uninstalling app. Hopefully they get it fixed!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I sent my crash log to Xvolks,
    he said the issue should be fixed in the BattSaver upgrade, which has just gone live on bigboss in the past few minutes.
    I installed the upgrade, and it still doesn't even run, I have written to Xvolks telling him this and asking if I can give him any more information.
    I am beginning to think this package should be pulled from bigboss and Xvolks should take as much time as he needs to look at it and do more bug fixing and testing.
    I am happy to keep trying to help Xvolks, but if it won't even run by the end of the 30 days I have to ask for a refund I will be approaching Saurik for my money.
    As it is I guess we all still have quite a bit of time before we lose our money, so no harm waiting a bit longer in case it gets fixed up.

Thanks

No updates and no reply on here from developer. This app should be pulled from cydia and everyone refunded until its fixed!!!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What has people's experience been with the 1.1.0 upgrade? I still have to toggle WiFi back on periodically, but my battery life improvement is impressive!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just an update.
    I have been working closely with Xvolks, and he along with someone else has identified the source of the problem why I couldn't get the app to run.
    The reason is down to a bug in IOS that affects the iPhone VoiceOver accessibility feature, he said he will be able to fix the problem, but its a lot of work, and the fix certainly won't be in the next update.
    But its good he is working on it, and hopefully the underlying bug will be fixed in ios6 so that he won't have to code around it.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12