+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Officially Removes Native YouTube App From iOS 6

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by c0dy my biggest gripe with the YT app is that if you're in Safari and you click a YT video, Safari closes and opens the YT app
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c0dy View Post
    my biggest gripe with the YT app is that if you're in Safari and you click a YT video, Safari closes and opens the YT app to watch the vid.
    I totally agree.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'm surprised Apple isn't renewing the license with Google to have YouTube built into iOS. Like it or not, YouTube is almost a "standard" of the internet, similar to FaceBook and Twitter (which Apple is/has integrated into iOS and Mac OS X). To discard YouTube like this is puzzling.
    Having the alternatives are fine, but I would bet a huge chunk of iOS install base don't know about them.
    Call those people stupid, but a lot of people are going to be wondering where the heck YouTube went when they upgrade to iOS 6.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    The change, and news that Google is working on their own YouTube application, gives people that don't jailbreak their devices a chance to have a YouTube application that isn't terrible.
    I don't think you ever used Protube as it is the better YouTube app iOS never had

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    I'm surprised Apple isn't renewing the license with Google to have YouTube built into iOS. Like it or not, YouTube is almost a "standard" of the internet, similar to FaceBook and Twitter (which Apple is/has integrated into iOS and Mac OS X). To discard YouTube like this is puzzling.
    Having the alternatives are fine, but I would bet a huge chunk of iOS install base don't know about them.
    Call those people stupid, but a lot of people are going to be wondering where the heck YouTube went when they upgrade to iOS 6.
    Well, people will know because great sites like modmyi are here to tell the public why YouTube app is missing in iOS 6
    Last edited by mikerlx; 08-06-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

The YouTube wasn't too bad but it was getting old and hadn't been updated in years. Honestly hope Google implement replying to comments, thumbing up a comment, choosing quality etc. It also took ages to load a video. Good riddance and it had an uglyass icon.

I may have to go to Android as I loved Street View and I like YouTube,
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 08-06-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Thanks

The YouTube app wasn't really that bad, but the novelty of having it left a long, long time ago. Time to just let YouTube develop their own app and put it in the app store like everyone else.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Aww... I use it a lot though..

Thanks

I never used my YouTube app for a few reason, main one though the YouTube app takes forever to bluff a video and without a jailbreak tweaks when you watch YouTube videos on the native app over 3G its never in HD.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

The maps and now youtube? Bummer!

Livin the iPhone Life Dark_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

I see apple losing a lot of customers to Google in the coming future. Apple still is on Top but the novelty of saying hey I have an iPhone is gone because yep u guessed it everyone and their momma has one as well as their 7 year old sister. It's almost becoming better to say , hey I have a droid. Just stating facts.

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    Not at all surprised, Apple no doubt hate the fact that they have two Google apps built in to their IOS , now they have ditched them both

Just hope that Google Maps and YouTube come back via the appstore, Apples current beta maps app sucks
    WHAT THE WHAT?????? How does it suck in the least? Probably the best maps/navigation I've used. Very stylish, accurate, easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ninja View Post
    I see apple losing a lot of customers to Google in the coming future. Apple still is on Top but the novelty of saying hey I have an iPhone is gone because yep u guessed it everyone and their momma has one as well as their 7 year old sister. It's almost becoming better to say , hey I have a droid. Just stating facts.
    Would have to disagree. There are more "android" devices than iPhones in people hands (I think if memory serves me right).

Also the fact that a lot of android devices are offered for
    free I believe a lot of the younger generation does not have an iPhone (I see more weird androids and stuff in the hands of young phone users than anything)

But I will agree with you in the fact that android is looking better and better, but being a Mac owner as well as atv and iPad the way they all work together is just 2nd to none
    Last edited by subywrex; 08-06-2012 at 11:02 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kioes's Avatar
    Thanks

I've personally ALWAYS used MXtube anyway.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rukavuda's Avatar
    Thanks

So what can I use as a replacement on a iPad 3rd gen ?
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9020/gagaxq.jpg

Livin the iPhone Life Dark_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    WHAT THE WHAT?????? How does it suck in the least? Probably the best maps/navigation I've used. Very stylish, accurate, easy.

Would have to disagree. There are more "android" devices than iPhones in people hands (I think if memory serves me right).

Also the fact that a lot of android devices are offered for
    free I believe a lot of the younger generation does not have an iPhone (I see more weird androids and stuff in the hands of young phone users than anything)

But I will agree with you in the fact that android is looking better and better, but being a Mac owner as well as atv and iPad the way they all work together is just 2nd to none
    Lol maybe it's a region thing. Here in my area iPhones run a muck. Everyone from 5 year olds to old people have iPhones here. Droids are the minority trust me haha. I also have a Mac, iPad, iPod, and two iPhones and so it makes it hard for me to even look at anything else. But the only thing really holding Android tablets back is their lack of hardware.

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

Thanks

Yes, I don't like that when in the browser. You click on the vid and it goes to the media player, instead of playing in the browser. Safari needs to be tweaked as well/.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Yes, I don't like that when in the browser. You click on the vid and it goes to the media player, instead of playing in the browser. Safari needs to be tweaked as well/.
    If you disable the native YouTube app in the restriction settings, YouTube links will always open in Safari.

Settings -> General -> Restrictions. Set YouTube to Off.
    Do I brag about which phone I have in this space?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    What I think will throw things crazy is the related removal of the YouTube iOS framework that helps third party apps (including Google's own apps) play YouTube videos without switching to the YT app or WebView/Safari.
    That alone will likely break a number of apps (video searching apps, social video players, etc) for a while.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Apple has pushed out the fourth beta of iOS six via the official development portal, accessible by registered developers of the iOS program. As you'd expect, the update brings some process changes moreover as enhancements and stability improvement.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm still not clear as to why Apple would no longer want a YouTube application on the home screen of a stock iOS device, seeing how widely YouTube is. I understand the current version is seldom updated, but that should stop them from creating something better (or once again borrowing from the jail break community a la ProTube.) This seems like something that going to catch a lot of the less informed general crowd who have come to expect it to be there a tad off guard. They aren't going to readily know what to download from the App Store, be it Google's offering, or maybe "Navigator" or one of the others.

Also, can anyone confirm if YouTube videos are or will be playable within a Safari tab? Even if this is the case, though, I don't feel that would really be a replacement for having an App. At least there's ProTube for those who jail break.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uri8472 View Post
    I'm still not clear as to why Apple would no longer want a YouTube application on the home screen of a stock iOS device, seeing how widely YouTube is. I understand the current version is seldom updated, but that should stop them from creating something better (or once again borrowing from the jail break community a la ProTube.) This seems like something that going to catch a lot of the less informed general crowd who have come to expect it to be there a tad off guard. They aren't going to readily know what to download from the App Store, be it Google's offering, or maybe "Navigator" or one of the others.

Also, can anyone confirm if YouTube videos are or will be playable within a Safari tab? Even if this is the case, though, I don't feel that would really be a replacement for having an App. At least there's ProTube for those who jail break.
    Apple didn't decide to remove it, the contract for it just ended.

And yes, YouTube videos work in Safari.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

Default Mobile YouTube
    Well, all you have to do is add to home screen mobile YouTube then wait patiently for the official YouTube app in the App Store .

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12