+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 6 Beta 4 Seeded to Developers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
iOS 6 is currently in its beta stages, where developers are expected to download the software and test it out, while getting their own applications ready for its final release
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iOS 6 Beta 4 Seeded to Developers

iOS 6 is currently in its beta stages, where developers are expected to download the software and test it out, while getting their own applications ready for its final release to the public some time this Fall. The recent release of iOS 6 beta 3 is now one step behind as iOS 6 beta 4 rolls out to developers this afternoon.

The software can be downloaded directly on the iOS device running iOS 6 beta from the Over the Air (OTA) updating service located in Settings>General>Software Update. The download time varies depending on your Internet connection speeds and update size varies depending on the device type, however our iPhone 4 GSM model displayed a 264MB download.

As an alternative, developers can visit Apple’s Web site and download the seed from the developer’s portion of the site. Here, developers will also find Xcode 4.5 developer preview to go along with the iOS update.

Strangely, iOS 6 beta 4 read as “iOS 6 beta 3” during its first moments of release in the OTA update pane on iOS devices. Apple quickly fixed this so that the update reads “iOS 6 beta 4” as expected. This issue caused some confusion.

As of this point in time, we are unsure of the new features apart from obvious bug fixes and stability improvements. We will keep you updated as new features surface.

When released this fall, iOS 6 will bring over 200 new features to iOS devices including a redesigned Maps application, Passbook, a smarter Siri voice assistant, Facebook integration, and much more.

Sources: MacRumors
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 08-06-2012 at 12:44 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

About time in regards to the AWFUL YouTube app apple were responsible for! Hope google's own app will be much better. I will miss the amazing picture quality of apple's when using wifi, though. The YouTube web app is fine and all but even the HQ quality via wifi still left a lot to be desired.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm just glad to see VM is back working properly. I guess all those people who swore they left me a VM were telling the truth after all.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

iMessages is finally running smoothly using your phone number instead of your email address. It syncs fantastic between my iPhone and iPad. However my MacBook doesn't seem to be able to use phone numbers

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
    iMessages is finally running smoothly using your phone number instead of your email address. It syncs fantastic between my iPhone and iPad. However my MacBook doesn't seem to be able to use phone numbers
    It'll probably be rolled out for the Mac in the fall along with Facebook integration with osx. Probably will be done all in the same day is my guess. Is there a beta out for 10.8.1 yet?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, for one factor, the YouTube app is gone and Google looks to be creating their own. meaning that iOS users may truly see a top quality YouTube app.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I can't wait for the maps personally I hate using the current maps