+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 65

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Phil Schiller: They’re Going to Steal Our Whole Product Line

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by i.Annie True, Asus has the same general shape for the tablet charger but it is not nearly as identical to the Apple one. The Samsung charger, down
...
  1. #41
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    True, Asus has the same general shape for the tablet charger but it is not nearly as identical to the Apple one. The Samsung charger, down to nearly every detail except the color and brand logo is identical to Apple's charger. The power adapter is also the same size and shape, which is not shown in the above picture.
    +1. Like I said earlier, it's not about the general shape of the device, else Apple would be suing EVERY manufacture. But Samsung simply went overboard and copy pasta Apple's products down to the boxes and chargers. If it were some gradual changes over the years then fine. But it's not. Samsung made crap phones that no one cared about before the iPhone. Then all of a sudden, they come up with all these great ideas? Don't think so.

    You can actually see the gradual improvements of Apple's products leading to the iPhone. The unique designs of Macs and Macbooks. The scroll wheels on iPods. The way the menus transitions on the iPods. The simplify of less buttons on the iPods over the years. You can see how Apple applied these into the first iPhone.

    I will be boycotting Samsung products and have my friends do so as well. My TV is from Samsung and it's 4 only years old. My next one will be a Panasonic. The Samsung TV is crap. It has "hot spots" after just 2 years. It even had a capacitor problem that was so common, when I googled "samsung lcd won't turn on", the first result is what fixed my problem! Replaced a few capacitors and that saved me hundreds of dollars on needing to get a new TV. And this happened barely a few months after the warranty expired!
    Last edited by RyoSaeba; 08-05-2012 at 02:14 AM.

  2. #42
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I'm not so sure Apple wouldn't be able to survive without the iPhone...its line of computers are quite successful IMO. And the iPod.
    Of course they would be able to survive. They got along just fine before the iPhone. But nowadays the iPhone accounts for 60%+ of their revenue. That is HUGE. No company is going to allow anything to touch the single item that is responsible for well over half of their income if they can help it. Apple would be nowhere near where they are now without the iPhone. iPod started their wave of success but the iPhone has made Apple what they are today.

    As for their computers? They are nowhere near where they would like to be. If Apple became just a computer company they would be downsizing daily rather than expanding. In the grand scheme of things, their computers are little more than an afterthought.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  3. #43
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    355
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts

    The US Patent Office may also be a player in this game - granting broad, all-encompassing patents to an American company ... thereby providing a big stick with which to beat the Oriental competition.
    Easy to understand after 50 years of industrial decline in the West, fuelled in no small part by blatant Oriental design plagiarism and reverse-engineering of products that cost millions to develop in the West.

  4. #44
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Breezer23 View Post

    Secondly, it's a charger. Wow. Apple didn't even come up with the 30 pin connector either. Have any of you bought a device because of the charger?

    What I would like to see come out of this is a real change in patent (primarily software) law. I can't blame Apple for taking advantage of a broken system. However, they are starting to get out of hand. If they were really trying to protect their IP they wouldn't just be going this hard after Samsung. They'd be suing the hell out of Google directly, they'd be more aggressive against HTC, LG, and Motorola. They are going after Samsung purely to eliminate or hinder them as competition.
    I think you're missing the point about the charger. Look at the bigger picture, not just at the charger itself.

    Apple went after HTC for a while as well as Motorola. Apple isn't targeting just Samsung, not that that's a good thing either but that's not the point.

  5. #45
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,438
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 185 Times in 145 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    The US Patent Office may also be a player in this game - granting broad, all-encompassing patents to an American company ... thereby providing a big stick with which to beat the Oriental competition.
    Easy to understand after 50 years of industrial decline in the West, fuelled in no small part by blatant Oriental design plagiarism and reverse-engineering of products that cost millions to develop in the West.
    Considering none of Apples manufacturing takes place on US soil, how would that help the industrial decline? Patents or no patents, manufacturing wont move back to the US.
    Granting broad patents will do nothing to help anyone in the US, except maybe Tim Cooks bank account and those of the patent officers. If Apple was successful in banning all these "infringers of road patents" then you'll have a monopolistic industry which would do nothing but cost thousands if not millions of jobs in the US.

  6. #46
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by RyoSaeba View Post
    +1. Like I said earlier, it's not about the general shape of the device, else Apple would be suing EVERY manufacture. But Samsung simply went overboard and copy pasta Apple's products down to the boxes and chargers. If it were some gradual changes over the years then fine. But it's not. Samsung made crap phones that no one cared about before the iPhone. Then all of a sudden, they come up with all these great ideas? Don't think so.

    You can actually see the gradual improvements of Apple's products leading to the iPhone. The unique designs of Macs and Macbooks. The scroll wheels on iPods. The way the menus transitions on the iPods. The simplify of less buttons on the iPods over the years. You can see how Apple applied these into the first iPhone.

    I will be boycotting Samsung products and have my friends do so as well. My TV is from Samsung and it's 4 only years old. My next one will be a Panasonic. The Samsung TV is crap. It has "hot spots" after just 2 years. It even had a capacitor problem that was so common, when I googled "samsung lcd won't turn on", the first result is what fixed my problem! Replaced a few capacitors and that saved me hundreds of dollars on needing to get a new TV. And this happened barely a few months after the warranty expired!

    not only tv, computers too. samxxx knows how to sell, look. that is why they keep copying the look/appearance of apple product. the slimdown of the shape of macbook air, samxxx slimbooks just copied/modified that shape. Samxxx could have a id design that could be evenly thick. but they just copied/modified air's shape. why?

  7. #47
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I am a master architect that designs amazing buildings. They are not only functional, but works of art. Once this is designed, I contract out a company to actually build the thing for me. The contractor has a worker who is an up and coming architect. He comes along once it is built, uses those blueprints to make basically the same thing with some minor tweaks, and calls it his own.
    Not a bad analogy, but it only works if said master architect's developed their design all on their own. The problem is, Apple did not develop their design all on their own, they ideas from all around to craft their final result, so going by your terms, Apple is no different that that up and coming architect; they used many existing ideas to create their design.

  8. #48
    Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Derby,U.K
    Posts
    2,290
    Thanks
    584
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 909 Posts

    Have had a good read of all the comments
    But apple have nothing to worry about...samsuck will never beat the iPhone...brought a samsuck s2 just to see the difference...there's a lot of things they've tried to copy from apple...the samsuck stayed with me for 1 week...hate the plastic effect,don't like android,the camera sticks too far out,also the massive size of the phone is crap,why don't you just make a tablet that you can hold upto your ear...
    Apple has always been my favourite phone,
    Apple...win
    Samsuck...you suck

  9. #49
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    279
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by littlelisa63 View Post
    Have had a good read of all the comments
    But apple have nothing to worry about...samsuck will never beat the iPhone...brought a samsuck s2 just to see the difference...there's a lot of things they've tried to copy from apple...the samsuck stayed with me for 1 week...hate the plastic effect,don't like android,the camera sticks too far out,also the massive size of the phone is crap,why don't you just make a tablet that you can hold upto your ear...
    Apple has always been my favourite phone,
    Apple...win
    Samsuck...you suck
    Ah, the old "I don't like it so that must mean no one else does".

  10. #50
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,438
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 185 Times in 145 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    Ah, the old "I don't like it so that must mean no one else does".
    Careful, you'll be slapped with "why are you here if you don't absolutely blindly love, and would die for, Apple?"

    These forums are for those who believe Apple can do no wrong.
    I'd rather be a scientologist than the way some people here act.
    This coming from someone with an iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro, iMac, iPod in his house.

  11. #51
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    141
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by littlelisa63 View Post
    Have had a good read of all the comments
    But apple have nothing to worry about...samsuck will never beat the iPhone...brought a samsuck s2 just to see the difference...there's a lot of things they've tried to copy from apple...the samsuck stayed with me for 1 week...hate the plastic effect,don't like android,the camera sticks too far out,also the massive size of the phone is crap,why don't you just make a tablet that you can hold upto your ear...
    Apple has always been my favourite phone,
    Apple...win
    Samsuck...you suck
    I can recall a time when message boards were used for rational discussions and the exchange of ideas, not mindless <insert negatively munged brand name> retorts which add absolutely nothing other than noise to the discussion. In fact, littlelisa63, even though you seem to have testified your own experience, your childish demeanor makes it exceedingly difficult to place any faith in what you say.
    Last edited by alanjf; 08-05-2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Didn't realize HTML was enbled.

  12. #52
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    245
    Thanks
    166
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by littlelisa63 View Post
    Have had a good read of all the comments
    But apple have nothing to worry about...samsuck will never beat the iPhone...brought a samsuck s2 just to see the difference...there's a lot of things they've tried to copy from apple...the samsuck stayed with me for 1 week...hate the plastic effect,don't like android,the camera sticks too far out,also the massive size of the phone is crap,why don't you just make a tablet that you can hold upto your ear...
    Apple has always been my favourite phone,
    Apple...win
    Samsuck...you suck
    Plz tell me your not born in 1963?! Cuz if u are and ur still saying "samsuck" then grow up and make us a sandwich

  13. #53
    Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Derby,U.K
    Posts
    2,290
    Thanks
    584
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 909 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    Ah, the old "I don't like it so that must mean no one else does".
    Ermm...don't think so somehow...just that the iPhone is better than the samsuck...my opinion...my choice
    If you don't like what is said about apple and how good there products are get a crap phone

    Quote Originally Posted by alanjf View Post
    I can recall a time when message boards were used for rational discussions and the exchange of ideas, not mindless retorts which add absolutely nothing other than noise to the discussion. In fact, littlelisa63, even though you seem to have testified your own experience, your childish demeanor makes it exceedingly difficult to place any faith in what you say.
    Everyone has there own choice and mine was to stick with apple
    I like the yo which is much better than android,I like the apps you get the themes...I've compared this to the samsuck and apple won on all cases...so it's my choice which phone I shall have
    They are certain things that annoy me with apple...Bluetooth has to be the main one...but someone will always try to achieve an app or whatever for it
    But it's a shame everything has to go to court to sort things out...but hey if someone was trying to copy something I had made I'd want to sue there ***

    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    Plz tell me your not born in 1963?! Cuz if u are and ur still saying "samsuck" then grow up and make us a sandwich
    No I wasn't
    I was just having my say...so ain't I allowed
    And in fact was going to say sam*uck
    It's humour can't you handle humour
    Last edited by littlelisa63; 08-05-2012 at 05:41 PM.

  14. #54
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Boca Raton
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ednometry View Post
    a phone is a phone... There were phones that were touch screen before the iphone, in fact there were many. Apple was not the first to make a phone that had few physical buttons and focused on the touch screen interface. As far as ui, there are icons that do stuff when you push them... like every other interface on the market... they can't patent the button (or surely they would have). They made a functional device. It has set a new standard, credit must be given but it is as samsung has stated you can't own the black rectangle. There are quite a few palms, and nokia's as well as the neonode n1 (the real 1st phone with "swipe to unlock" btw) that had a similar design before the iphone. Bottomline is all phones will always basically look alike because they are phones. Apple can't win this lawsuit because it's stupid and they really don't have a logical leg to stand on IMHO. If they are really being violated in someway by other companies making touch focused products then who in turn are they violating when they make laptops... I mean they didn't invent those right, and their's have all the same features and then some (like the s3 vs the 4s) when compared to their rivals. They even use the same processors now!!! OMG SCANDAL!!! Ya know what last time I checked all cans of soda looked the same too, it was what was in the packaging that mattered.
    Im not one to write in these forums because it always ends up in monkeys throwing their Feces. My friend have you heard of the PowerBook line? How about the Macintosh portable? Google it. I mean they even had pre-iPad development with one from the mid to late 80s that never saw the light of day. There are many other examples hell Palm ripped off apple as they had the first PDA with the messagepad and Newton from the early to mi-late 90s. They were here before the others came. Things have been converging but form factors can still vary in the slightest to give a different definition an alternate tangible feel. But its just easier to copy.

  15. #55
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    279
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by littlelisa63 View Post
    Ermm...don't think so somehow...just that the iPhone is better than the samsuck...my opinion...my choice
    If you don't like what is said about apple and how good there products are get a crap phone
    No, you were not simply stating your opinion. You said "But apple have nothing to worry about...samsuck will never beat the iPhone...". With no basis for why Samsung will never be as popular as the iPhone, one can only assume your just talking about your personal preference for the iPhone.

  16. #56
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    169
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonathy View Post
    Apple is no saint they have done the same thing to Microsoft. You think the mac was the first computer and that they didn't copy dos or windows. Did they invent the laptop or desktop NO. Apple sued the SH*t out of Microsoft for not letting IBM computers run apple products and now that they are on top they are doing the same to all others.
    Trust me, people around here don't realize what in fact is the truth, as Steve Jobs said in his own book. Apple didn't create the desktop, they stole the idea from IBM. Steve Jobs admits in his book the iPod wasn't the first product of it's kind, they just figured out a way to make it appealing and mass produced. People seem to forget how Apple got here, or maybe they are just misinformed.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slimz For This Useful Post:

    alanjf (08-06-2012), uri8472 (08-06-2012)

  18. #57
    Livin the iPhone Life Dark_Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,628
    Thanks
    563
    Thanked 843 Times in 567 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Slimz View Post
    Trust me, people around here don't realize what in fact is the truth, as Steve Jobs said in his own book. Apple didn't create the desktop, they stole the idea from IBM. Steve Jobs admits in his book the iPod wasn't the first product of it's kind, they just figured out a way to make it appealing and mass produced. People seem to forget how Apple got here, or maybe they are just misinformed.
    Or maybe they just don't care man. If they like something then they will justify why. Apple has been stealing others ideas for years but as soon as someone else borrows an idea from apple it's unheard of and they should be burned. I for one do like apple products I have a lot of apple stuff. But don't mean I'm blind to their ways. I mean honestly I thank Microsoft for bailing apple out back in the 90s. Do y'all think apple would bail out Microsoft now? No. But who cares right?

    http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark_Ninja For This Useful Post:

    uri8472 (08-06-2012)

  20. #58
    iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Careful, you'll be slapped with "why are you here if you don't absolutely blindly love, and would die for, Apple?"

    These forums are for those who believe Apple can do no wrong.
    I'd rather be a scientologist than the way some people here act.
    This coming from someone with an iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro, iMac, iPod in his house.
    I too have many idevices but you're pretty much dead on.
    Haha Apple fanboys, lmao.

  21. #59
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,132
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 87 Times in 71 Posts

    Whey even allow top executives testify, they are prejudice to "their cause".
    If they can remove testimony about how Apple modeled iPhone after Sony design standards, which directly relate to the lawsuit at hand, why do they allow this witless I mean witness whining on things that is not directly related to the case?
    Sure any company can copy products of another in the future, since not everything Apple made is copied by Samsung this testimony is based on speculation and not fact so should be removed from the records.

  22. #60
    iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    228
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Wrong. There was competition before the iPhone came along between Motorola, Nokia, Sony Ericsson and Samsung. Apple came along with iPhone and blew EVERY phone out of the water, it was new, it was fast, it was beautiful and it worked unlike the cr*p released from the 4 manufacturers.
    Where as other manufacturers like HTC and Sony are now trying to compete with Apple without copying, Samsuck is blatantly copying Apple's design as much as they can, iPod, iPad and iPhone.
    Galaxy S3 is a ugly piece of cr*p but as soon as Samsuck saw Siri, they just "had to" copy it and call it S Voice, granted it's using Vlingo but Samsuck ripped of Siri's design and UI, this is what Apple is getting at, Samsuck are ripping of Apple's design's so the average customer will go for the cheaper lookalike.

    Galaxy S design was a rip of the iPhone/3G/3GS and came along with TouchWiz UI which basically ripped of the iOS "square" icons which later Samsuck removed in a TW update. It copied Apple's design packaging of pulling the box of from the top and phone sitting on top. Galaxy S3 is fugly but S Voice UI is copied of Siri's UI, where as Google actually designed a different UI for Jelly Bean voice assistant, Samsuck just copied Siri's UI.

    A Samsuck phone being superior to iPhone's? Don't make me laugh. Samsuck copied other manufacturers in other departments as well but are focusing on copying Apple in the mobile department as it's bringing in revenue for Apple and Samsuck want a share of the pie. I've boycotted Samsuck products and refuse to let my family by a Samsuck branded product.


    Are you serious? People been using voice software way before Apple. Stop being biased dude.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts