+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phil Schiller: They’re Going to Steal Our Whole Product Line

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I do agree it "seems" like apple is just suing the competition to keep it away instead of making a better product then I realized that's retarded. Ok what is
    Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,338 Times in 732 Posts

I do agree it "seems" like apple is just suing the competition to keep it away instead of making a better product then I realized that's retarded. Ok what is Samsung actually copying? I'm really over this who copied who. Kinda a 3rd grade problem with billions of dollars involved

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Have a cry Apple.
    Have you heard of a thing called competition? If it wasn't for Samsung there would be no competition so grow up and be nice and stop being a little girl and going crying to mum every time Samsung look at you.

Competition is good as it should make you make a better product but it looks like Apple dont know that, they'd rather sue the competition and keep their inferior product than make a better one.
    Now I don't have to say what is exactly right. And Samsung only really copied the rounded corners on a rectangle really. It's not even really all that close to the iPhone anyway. Wow a white phone with a home button and rounded corners on a rectangular phone. Wow. We should sue them too. Get over yourselves apple. Boo freaking hoo. Stop suing competition if you really want to make a better phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I had used 2 touchscreen phones before the iPhone. The Moto ROKR E6, and a Windows Mobile phone that work gave me. Both were pretty cool at the time. There were hacks out and hell, when the first iPhone came out, I even downloaded the "Slide to unlock" for the windows mobile. I didn't even buy the 1st gen iPhone because it was first generation and I didn't want to switch to AT&T.

Then the second gen (3G) came and I notice there's this thing called jailbreak and unlock. I bought one off eBay and within the first 30 minutes of playing with it, I was in love. I've never liked a phone so much in my life. And I've bought phones costing 400-500 before such as the Nokia 6260 back in 2004. It was just an amazing experience. The way the UI worked was never seen before. The smoothness of scrolling, the large screen, the browser, everything was just well thought out and placed. This was 2007 mind you. Nothing I've seen was even close to this. Andriod was at its infancy and everything was not smooth at all. Samsung was never anything but a "dumb phone" maker at that time. Samsung phones were sold in the same line as Nokia S40 phones. My friend had a Samsung flip phone that used An OLED display and the blue color faded just after a year.

Then the galaxy phones came and they exploded on the market. They did not gradually improved their old phones. They did not gradually improve their OS design. Everything they put out, they put out AFTER the iPhone. Coincidence? I think not. This is not just the phones I mind you. Their tablets have a similar history as well. I will give them the 7" form factor but heck, wasn't the Kindle out before that? Has Samsung actually reinvented or innovated anything??? I guess they did invent ridiculously funny scenarios when I see people holding a Galaxy Note next to their ear to talk. Makes me chuckle every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I do agree it "seems" like apple is just suing the competition to keep it away instead of making a better product then I realized that's retarded. Ok what is Samsung actually copying? I'm really over this who copied who. Kinda a 3rd grade problem with billions of dollars involved
    You will never understand unless you invented something and someone just comes along and takes your innovation and simply mimics them.

Hell, I get pissed when people copy and use my eBay pictures that I work so hard on to take! I've invested in a $700 camera, $200 in lighting equipment, and time editing the pictures. Someone just comes along and right clicks, save as. I do water mark them too but some people just doesn't care. Some Chinese sites are using my pictures with the watermark still on it! Crazy... If I had a bottomless pocket, I'd go after everyone of them! Sometimes, it's not really about the money but the principle.

Do you really think apple is afride Samsumg will overtake apple and run them out of business? Most likely not. The way Apple is going after Samsung, it seems they really do believe Samsung outright "right click, save as" and that's just wrong.
    Last edited by RyoSaeba; 08-04-2012 at 01:00 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danelgran View Post
    Really??? If you had invented the iPhone, wouldn't you being doing he same thing Apple is doing right now??? I think you would! Anyone would!

Apple raised the bar when it came to cell phones by introducing the iPhone to the world! It being 'inferior' is a matter of opinion....The millions and millions of iPhones sold and the crazy success Apple (76+ Billion) has had selling these products discounts your statement!
    let pretend. i invent a guitar. the way you know. no matter the design it call A GUITAR. if someone come with another thing call guitar. i sue em.
    because that was my idea, no body before think on that. even if its different or better then what i have. still my idea my design. my time of building that staff. There's a lots of people. watching for whatever new staff come out so the can re doit and copy. being honest, samsung device look much like the apple's. why apple is not going in the back of HTC Or Motorola. because the moment you see it . the are different . at first site.EVEN if the are alike apple multitouch device.Even if.They browse the net, even if the keyboard looks same open the same. even, if the have camera.
    my point is the could make a different design. the are good on doing it SAMSUNG is/(was) bigger and richer then apple why make something alike.
    and is not only one thing the PAD also looks the same. I don't Get it.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 08-04-2012 at 04:50 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    But you'd probably buy an Apple Tv which would just be Samsung components with an Apple logo, just like the iPhone.
    I have an apple tv. Great for AirPlay. And mirror for my iPad. That's it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

What??????

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

So I'm guessing Samsung should of made a phone that wasn't white & rounded edges and a home button on the bottom? If you think both galaxy s2 & s3 look like the iPhone 4 & 4s then you must be a dumbb Asian judge or an even dumber consumer! At least samsung changes there designs and aren't afraid like apple. Making the screen longer?!? Haha what a fail. I've had every single iPhone but now they're just getting boring.. WE NEED COMPETITION!! It's like mark sanchez has more balls then apple since he's not afraid of competition
    Last edited by Airwaves182; 08-04-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RyoSaeba View Post
    Do you really think apple is afride Samsumg will overtake apple and run them out of business? Most likely not.
    Yes, I do. It already almost happened once in the early 90's with Microsoft. Ironically, MS is what bailed Apple out of that one.

But frankly, I don't see why Apple is after Samsung here. They have made multiple claims about patent issues being about software, software, SOFTWARE. Ok, so go after Google. My guess is they don't do that because Google has some patents of their own that they can, and will, throw back into Apple's face, if they so chose.

But you'd probably buy an Apple Tv which would just be Samsung components with an Apple logo, just like the iPhone.
    This is such a tired argument. Please, allow me to use an example.

I am a master architect that designs amazing buildings. They are not only functional, but works of art. Once this is designed, I contract out a company to actually build the thing for me. The contractor has a worker who is an up and coming architect. He comes along once it is built, uses those blueprints to make basically the same thing with some minor tweaks, and calls it his own.

So what's my point? The fact that it is Samsung hardware is irrelevant. Apple engineers designed the phone, right down to the processor. Samsung was just contracted to build the components.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 08-04-2012 at 02:45 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

This is kind of like Facebook. Mark stole the idea, but he made it big. He made it happen. And of course a settlement was made with the actual founders of the idea, the success of it is not credited to them.

Apple made the iPhone big. Apple did it, not Samsung and its components/parts. The ideas and products may or may not be "innovative" but certainly the ability to take those things and turn them into a high-demand product is.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

It's obvious Samsung copied Apple. Hopefully Samsung will learn from this and take more time to innovate instead of copy. They wanted something that looked like the iPhone so it would sell like the iPhone.

Thanks

I'm sorry but just look at this:

http://goo.gl/b1s4d

And this:

http://goo.gl/LtVZ7

And tell me that samsuck didn't copy Apple.
    Last edited by aidanharris; 08-04-2012 at 05:00 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

Who cares anyways. Big deal, so let the big babies spend millions on court.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aidanharris View Post

And this:

The phones, I don't know. There could be so many arguments contradicting anything related really. But the chargers...yeah. I have owned quite a few Samsung phones back in the day, and if I'm not mistaken when the smartphone touchscreen days just began, Samsung's charger heads were always smaller in size. Now suddenly they are wider and flatter like Apple's iDevice chargers. That certainly is interesting.

Thanks
    While I will agree that Samsung could have used a bit more of their own creativity I would have to say that isn't the reason for suing. Apple is screwed without the iPhone. Absolutely screwed. They are in fear of the competition.

Thanks

I'm not so sure Apple wouldn't be able to survive without the iPhone...its line of computers are quite successful IMO. And the iPod.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,338 Times in 732 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breezer23 View Post
    While I will agree that Samsung could have used a bit more of their own creativity I would have to say that isn't the reason for suing. Apple is screwed without the iPhone. Absolutely screwed. They are in fear of the competition.
    I'm sure the iPads and iPods and iTunes and all MacBooks and iMacs won't mind. There not screwed. I seen the Samsung charger and that's pretty screwed up. The phone I can see the button at the bottom and the chrome edge

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aidanharris View Post

And this:

You cannot patent a shape, Asus makes the exact same style/shape connector for its tablets and no ones going after them. You cannot patent someone using the same material (glass front) on their product. You cannot patent a basic color. you can patent how the device functions and any software created to run it, Samsung didn't create Android and Android does not copy IOS (features such as slide to unlock, which Apple has also copied from several previous vendors is a feature imlemented by each vendor), its a far more open OS then IOS ever will be. Apple has nothing to base is claims off, they are simply pissed off because Samsung has done a better job take a "basic" idea and doing it better.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bry2k2 For This Useful Post:

znbl (08-05-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Geeze what an idiot!!!
    Phil Schiller is shocked? You really thought that Apple holds all the patents including the shape of a product? Hope that Samsung milks Apple dry in the courts.

Stryker
    Last edited by i.Annie; 08-04-2012 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    You cannot patent a shape, Asus makes the exact same style/shape connector for its tablets and no ones going after them. You cannot patent someone using the same material (glass front) on their product. You cannot patent a basic color. you can patent how the device functions and any software created to run it, Samsung didn't create Android and Android does not copy IOS (features such as slide to unlock, which Apple has also copied from several previous vendors is a feature imlemented by each vendor), its a far more open OS then IOS ever will be. Apple has nothing to base is claims off, they are simply pissed off because Samsung has done a better job take a "basic" idea and doing it better.
    True, Asus has the same general shape for the tablet charger but it is not nearly as identical to the Apple one. The Samsung charger, down to nearly every detail except the color and brand logo is identical to Apple's charger. The power adapter is also the same size and shape, which is not shown in the above picture.

Nobody is going after Asus bc it really does not closely resemble Apple's the way Samsung's does. But this argument could go on and on. I just wanted to point that little aspect out.

I do disagree with that last sentence though. I don't see a reason for Apple to be pissed off. Apple's chargers have looked that way since I can remember...Samsung's replica of a charger is newer. So I would consider that a little bit of a copycat. HOWEVER, this suing business is a little ridiculous. Samsung does make quality products and are equally successful IMO and I have nothing against Samsung, it's just the whole Apple-hating thing is just as ridiculous as the Apple fanboyism thing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I'm sure the iPads and iPods and iTunes and all MacBooks and iMacs won't mind. There not screwed. I seen the Samsung charger and that's pretty screwed up. The phone I can see the button at the bottom and the chrome edge
    Right. iPhones are over HALF (58% as of April 2012) of Apple's Revenues (Thank you Carrier Subsidies). The iPad is nearly 20% of revenue. The iPod accounts for a mere 3% of revenues, Macs are about 4%. If Apple starts getting bite back from carriers, which they will, and sales increase for other devices, you'll stop seeing such massive numbers on earnings reports.

Secondly, it's a charger. Wow. Apple didn't even come up with the 30 pin connector either. Have any of you bought a device because of the charger?

What I would like to see come out of this is a real change in patent (primarily software) law. I can't blame Apple for taking advantage of a broken system. However, they are starting to get out of hand. If they were really trying to protect their IP they wouldn't just be going this hard after Samsung. They'd be suing the hell out of Google directly, they'd be more aggressive against HTC, LG, and Motorola. They are going after Samsung purely to eliminate or hinder them as competition.
    Last edited by Breezer23; 08-04-2012 at 11:49 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Breezer23 For This Useful Post:

znbl (08-05-2012)