+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theme of the Week 7/28 - 8/3

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Out of all of the themes we saw this week, ayecon for iPad by Surenix took the winning spot as this week’s theme of the week because it combines a
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Theme of the Week 7/28 - 8/3

Out of all of the themes we saw this week, ayecon for iPad by Surenix took the winning spot as this week’s theme of the week because it combines a great balance of detailed icons with minimalistic design that looks great on any retina display.

Ayecon for iPad brings the original ayecon theme from the iPhone and iPod touch to the iPad. The theme gets credit where credit is due because the application icons are created with careful and vivid detail, interface element changes are subtle and lavish, and it comes with support for many jailbreak tweaks that people like to theme. Each application icon has a lot of individual elements; pixel-by-pixel. The quality of each icon displays the long hours of effort that went into each one. Lock screen and application interface elements get some small changes. The lock screen gets a new circular passcode entry box rather than the boxy version Apple builds into iOS. The slider and camera grabber also get some minor tweaks.

Badges get a new teardrop design, which is uniform throughout the notification badges, App Switcher close buttons, and application delete buttons. Also apparent is the nice new wallpaper that accompanies the Notification Center, App Switcher, and folders. The theme even includes additional wallpapers that can be used for the home screen. Ayecon for iPad replaces Apple's stock status bar icons with some new ones, including a cool new pin-drop icon rather than the regular location icon, and a new Wi-Fi indicator and battery indicator appearance.

As for jailbreak tweak support, ayecon comes with additional themes that work with Clockify, LiveClock, WeatherIcon, and SBSettings. These add-ons are free for anyone that owns ayecon, be it the iPad or iPhone and iPod touch version. Surenix is constantly adding support for additional icons, on top of the 70+ applications that it already supports. If you own ayecon already, ayecon for iPad will only cost you $1.99. If not, you will have to pay $2.99 to download it from the BigBoss repository.

Honorable Mention:

Taking things to a new level of “metro,” Minimal HD is a new theme by gruhu13 that adds a cartoon-ish look to iOS. Instead of being shiny, detailed, and serious, Minimal HD is a minimalistic theme that saturates the home screen with Windows 8-like icons. Application interfaces also see changes, which are made to match that of the minimalistic, saturated home screen; they use highly contrasting colors to stand out boldly. The lock screen loses the shiny glass interface for a simpler wallpaper-only look, which has the slide to unlock bar, camera grabber, and time all on top of the wallpaper. If you're into simplistic themes, or the Windows 8 metro-like appearance, you should check out Minimal HD. You can find it for $2.99 in the ModMyi repository.

If you missed last week's Theme of the Week staff picks, you can take a peek here.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 08-03-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i think this theme is getting more love then it deserves. i mean its great and everything and i like it but come on. its not even complete and its 2.99 :/ there are better/complete themes then this one. and some are even free.

Thanks

Too me it's all about the UI rather then icons. The more they change the UI and make it different the better, that's just me though.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really consider a theme changing the icons. When your iPhone is totally changed from a springboard with applications, then it is truly a theme. For example Aero, is a fantastic theme, that truly shows the power of theming your iPhone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jarolin Vargas View Post
    i think this theme is getting more love then it deserves. i mean its great and everything and i like it but come on. its not even complete and its 2.99 :/ there are better/complete themes then this one. and some are even free.
    For the new iPad? I'm not calling you out at all...I've just been looking for great themes for the new iPad and haven't really found any. I agree with you guys though, it's changing the UI that really makes a theme. If you guys know any good new iPad themes please share the love. Also is there a forum where we can easily go though all the Theme of the Week posts? I've tried searching and only get about half of what's been posted and it's never the ones I'm looking for.

Thanks

Best winterboard iPad theme to date(IMO)

Dream board- osxpad by finga is the best dreamboard theme and the sickest most ridiculous theme ever!

Thanks

I don't like this theme cuzz I think it's so bored !!!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Disappointed ! purchased for my iPad 2 and thought I would be able to also include the sbsettings theme and the other addons but surprise,,,once purchased (which is what you have to do in order to get the addons) I received major error messages and then looked into it further only to then read that the addons "exclude ipad" That should be written on the Aeycon main description page !
    Very misleading and I will certainly contact my bank to have the charges reversed.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Congrats to the dev

Thanks
    Thanked 9,527 Times in 5,846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lizzy954 View Post
    Disappointed ! purchased for my iPad 2 and thought I would be able to also include the sbsettings theme and the other addons but surprise,,,once purchased (which is what you have to do in order to get the addons) I received major error messages and then looked into it further only to then read that the addons "exclude ipad" That should be written on the Aeycon main description page !
    Very misleading and I will certainly contact my bank to have the charges reversed.
    Why not contact the theme creator, give him a chance to make additions and/or refunds.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Why not contact the theme creator, give him a chance to make additions and/or refunds.
    I have sent this theme creator several messages and no response. I have yet to receive any responses from creators except
    for this one developer who is awesome. His source link is DemoneLatino's Repository - MyRepoSpace.com

He has some awesome LS themes and I recently purchased SeriousElegant HD theme for my iPhone,,, I have learned my lesson
    and will not purchase any themes anymore. Just not worth the headaches not to mention being ignored.

Thanks

I have sent this theme creator several messages and no response. I have yet to receive any responses from creators except
    for this one developer who is awesome. His source link is DemoneLatino's Repository - MyRepoSpace.com

He has some awesome LS themes and I recently purchased SeriousElegant HD theme for my iPhone,,, I have learned my lesson
    and will not purchase any themes anymore. Just not worth the headaches not to mention being ignored.
    Have you hit them up on any of the threads?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Have you hit them up on any of the threads?
    I am sure I haven't because I don't know how. I think I know what you mean but I don't know where these threads
    are for the specific developer and/or the specific theme other than this one. I usually never speak but thought to start
    so others will not make the same mistake I did. I have also asked at least 3 times where the 'thank you' button is and
    the answer has yet to point me to where it is. So what I do is thank the person by clicking on reply and thanking them.

What I have done is sent emails that are posted in the page where you purchase the theme in Cydia. It's all good though
    and overall I am enjoying my iDevices being jailbroken,,,,just need to be cautious when purchasing a theme.

Thank you for your time in assisting me I will continue to read other members comments etc. cuz it's helping me alot
    with this Jailbreak world

Elizabeth

Thanks

I am sure I haven't because I don't know how. I think I know what you mean but I don't know where these threads
    are for the specific developer and/or the specific theme other than this one. I usually never speak but thought to start
    so others will not make the same mistake I did. I have also asked at least 3 times where the 'thank you' button is and
    the answer has yet to point me to where it is. So what I do is thank the person by clicking on reply and thanking them.

What I have done is sent emails that are posted in the page where you purchase the theme in Cydia. It's all good though
    and overall I am enjoying my iDevices being jailbroken,,,,just need to be cautious when purchasing a theme.

Thank you for your time in assisting me I will continue to read other members comments etc. cuz it's helping me alot
    with this Jailbreak world

Elizabeth
    Yah no problem at all! Hope you enjoy jail breaking

The ayecon thread is located under forums. Just have a browse through them on the modmyi website. If you cant find it let me know and ill post links to them. Also are you on the modmyi app?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mmaboi21 For This Useful Post:

lizzy954 (08-11-2012)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I am having a great time with all the tweaks and themes out there. Apple is losing out big time !!

Ahhh ok, I have seen the forums but didn't know they were specific to the theme, tweak etc. Thank you, I am sure I will find it.
    I do have the app downloaded on my iPad and iPhone but right now I am on my iMac browsing and watching movies

By the way,,, I found the "thank you" button,,, lollll

Thanks

Lol on cool, cause I was going to explain where that button was
    Awesome well enjoy!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mmaboi21 For This Useful Post:

lizzy954 (08-17-2012)