+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Controversial New Video Depicts, Describes iPhone 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Controversial New Video Depicts, Describes iPhone 5

The silly season of rumors, leaked images, and videos has officially kicked off on the heels of speculation that the next-generation iPhone may arrive within the next six weeks.

In a new 6 minute video hitting the web today, a detailed comparison between the alleged iPhone 5 glass lens and iPhone 4s glass lens is provided. The origin of the footage traces back to ETrade Supply. According to details presented in the footage, the new iPhone will, in fact, deliver a larger display.

The design is still clearly in line with the basic look and feel of iPhones past and present, but the added changes lend to a more sleek appearance. The use of so-called "in-cell technology" will also give users a lighter, crisper presentation of images, while assisting in battery-life preservation.

From the picture, we can see that the iPhone 5 glass lens is 90.25mm long, 51.60mm wide, while iPhone 4S is 76.65mm and 51.60mm. The display area enlarges from 3.61 inches to 4.065 inches. The LCD screen can be a little smaller, and that will be around 4 inches. Whats important, the resolution ratio of iPhone 5 glass lens is around 16:9, which will be a big change for iPhone.
    Although we can't be certain that what we're seeing and hearing in the clip is accurate, much of what is represented in the video is consistent with rumors and rumblings that have bandied about Apple's Asian supply chain for months now.

Source: ETrade Supply

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Since when is there a silly season of rumors?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Impressive!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1979 View Post
    Impressive!
    Please, elaborate on what you find so impressive about this or do you just type impressive on anything apple?

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    Please, elaborate on what you find so impressive about this or do you just type impressive on anything apple?
    I agree. What was impressive?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    lmao wtf has he got on his fingers?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy91 View Post
    condoms for midgets ha ha...
    sorry ment to say small people...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Those are called finger cots.

and for those bashing the impressive comment, STFU is you have nothing to say. Your the reason why this community is where it is. Go back to class!

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 Times in 672 Posts

I stand correct from above lol finger cots! ;-)

There finger rubbers. So you don't get finger prints on glass. But mainly use in the cooking business for if you cut your finger? Put a bandaid then a finger rubber on so you don't leak blood.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

anyway ... i didn't see anything controversial about the video except for the key scratch demo. btw, if tony wishes to be impressed, it's his right. of all the things to bicker about ... good grief! personally, i think that if the screen of the new iphone is going to be longer, it should also be a tad bit wider as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hank197857 View Post
    anyway ... i didn't see anything controversial about the video except for the key scratch demo. btw, if tony wishes to be impressed, it's his right. of all the things to bicker about ... good grief! personally, i think that if the screen of the new iphone is going to be longer, it should also be a tad bit wider as well.
    It's longer but not wider so they could get it to a true 16:9 format. It appears the width of the phone will be about the same (good for one-handed use where you touch the screen with your thumb of the same hand holding the phone).

Also sounds like the person's voice has been altered to disguise identity probably.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I sure hope this wasn't Steve Job's last project... HORRIBLE design, taller isn't cutting it for me.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Damn im gonna feel like an *** if i buy this and theres nothing really special about it..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

is it just me or wouldnt it make more sense to make the screen longer and wider rather then just wider, and keep the same aspect ratio so the thousands of current apps wouldnt need to be redesigned or have black bars on either end of the screen.

more like this pic

when i look at my phone in my hand and imagine it being longer it seems awkward to me

in this pic the new iphone makes the iphone 4's screen seem wider even though they are the same width

Green Apple
    Thanks

Did he actually said "sex for your wee wee" at the end??

Thanks
    That's going to cause a little of App Developer issues I would imagine. I will admit, the iPhone 4 design was great and still is good however I don't feel it's a timeless design like say, a Porsche 911. I really feel the market will be pretty disappointed by the iPhone 5. I know MANY people who want the look of a new device (especially an Apple Device) so they can brag about it when people see it with them. Very few people will be able to notice the differences design wise with the new phone.

Then again, we doubt Apple every time and their insane fan base always buy.

I still feel a 4.3" screen is the perfect size but who knows if any of these are really the new design.

Anyone else think this could just be a test mule designed to look like the iPhone 4? Obviously, with the bigger screen, it would have to be slightly different.

Thanks

Put it this way... A longer screen and faster CPU is NOT gonna convince me to buy it. They didn't even convince me to upgrade from the 4 to 4S!

A wider and taller screen (but not make the phone super big like android phones) is the only thing that'll get my business this time around.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by isme View Post
    Did he actually said "sex for your wee wee" at the end??
    lmao I think he said, "Thanks for your viewing."

iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

Why in the world did he say sex for your wee wee at the end?!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Weirdly that they forsee see a disruptive move on screen proportion on iOS.
    It will be a huge change...