Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Learn iPhone App Development Using Code School's Try iOS Course

Thanks

Default Learn iPhone App Development Using Code School's Try iOS Course

As the iOS platform gains popularity, more and more people want to dabble in iPhone app development. If you happen to be one of those people, then the folks over at Code School want to be the ones teaching you how to do just that. Here, Code School wants to teach those interested in iPhone app development by utilizing a series of web-based coding courses focused on learning to code for iOS. The new set of coursework is called Try iOS and is now available for backing at Kickstarter. The whole concept utilizes video, in-browser activities, and a hands-on approach to teaching anyone how to code for the iPhone. Code School mentions the following on their Kickstarter page:

We want to create Try iOS, a Code School course which teaches how to build your own iPhone apps. Our course will combine high quality screencasts, in-browser code challenges, and gamification principles to make learning fun. There will be no need to install anything, since students will build iPhone apps using our in-browser iPhone simulator.
    Code School was created by Envy Labs, which originally started out as a web development agency in Florida. The company was created with the goal of teaching people how to code a variety of technologies, including Rails for Zombies, Journey into Mobile Web, Real-time Web with Node.js, and Try Git. The courses were all based on a “learn-by-doing” philosophy with browser-based exercises and learning feedback. Their latest project is Try iOS, which is currently at the Kickstarter stage. The company is seeking $50,000 in funding, $20,000 of which is for a large Mac mini “farm,” which will have a server-side iOS simulator on it allowing students to enroll in the course. The rest of the funding is said to go to the following:

• The educational materials.
    • The graphic design & branding.
    • Coding up the in-browser challenges (usually the most expensive part).
    • Building and scaling the simulator technology.
    • The front-end development.
    • Film production.
    • Refining the course based on feedback.
    • Ongoing support and hosting.

If we raise additional funding than our ask we’ll simply add additional levels of content, so please help us spread the word.
    If you are interested in taking the course you’ll have to have a basic knowledge of programming in any language. The project page suggests using Codeacademy (another free website to learn coding) to brushup on those basic skills first. If you pledge $25 or more, you’ll get to take the course when it’s ready. As of right now, the project has roughly $48,500 pledged with 25 days left to go. If you’re interested in supporting it, you should head on over to the source link below.

Source: Kickstarter

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Cool!😃

Might have to look into this, always seen myself doing some dev work with iOS as a side job...

I'd rather just take an online course from an actual university and get my degree so I can make big bucks lol

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ninja View Post
    I'd rather just take an online course from an actual university and get my degree so I can make big bucks lol
    Its a Great market for sure

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Its a Great market for sure
    From what I learned iOS development is the second most job in demand right now

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

I would totally back this but I'm deep in debt so I really can't.

Thanks

Looks like a great idea!
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

I already started the basics. Maybe one day I can be a developer too! hehe.
    This is a great way to improve the app base that Apple is so dominant at.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,690 Times in 1,777 Posts

"you'll need basic knowledge of programming".....I opened up a .plist one time....Does that count? It sounds like a good online course.
    Last edited by Sk37cH; 08-03-2012 at 08:26 PM.

None of you will EVER make any money on your own developing apps for ios. You must work for a big company & develop apps with them, of not don't bother.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    None of you will EVER make any money on your own developing apps for ios. You must work for a big company & develop apps with them, of not don't bother.
    You never know, possibilities are endless.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,690 Times in 1,777 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    There are exceptions. What about tiny wings, the music, animation, and artwork was all done by one person. He continues to have the support of the community because of this, and the fact he's a supportive dev that released TinyWings2 as a free update.