+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'PowerDown Enhancer' Adds New Options to the Power Down Slider

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
For those of you that see no real reason to power off your iOS devices, maybe you can put that power down slider to good use instead of never using
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'PowerDown Enhancer' Adds New Options to the Power Down Slider

For those of you that see no real reason to power off your iOS devices, maybe you can put that power down slider to good use instead of never using it. Those of you with tethered jailbreaks will also be able to appreciate this free jailbreak tweak dubbed PowerDown Enhancer by iOS developer Aehmlo.

As you can see from the set of illustrations above, PowerDown Enhancer changes the function of your power down slider to any of three different functions – powering down, entering safe mode, or repsringing the device. PowerDown Enhancer’s function can be chosen from the preferences pane that you can find in the Settings application once you install the tweak; it is shown below:

The first thing that you find in the preferences pane is a switch allowing you to hide or show the power down slider. No matter what you have the slider set to do with this tweak, this option will allow you to keep the slider from appearing on your screen when you hold down the sleep button at the top of the screen. Whether the slider appears at the top of your screen or not, your selected function will still take place after a couple of seconds of holding the sleep button down.

Below that, you have the option to “remap” the power off function of the power down slider to any of the following options: respring, enter safe mode, or discreet respring. The respring option will obviously respring the device, the enter safe mode option will crash your device into safe mode, and the discreet function will still show the power off label on the slider, but it will respring the device instead.

PowerDown Enhancer is nicely integrated into the already-existing interface and it works great. If you’d like to download this tweak, you’ll find it for free in the ModMyi repository.

Name: PowerDown Enhancer
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: Aehmlo
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

Sources: Aehmlo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It might come in handy if you use it together with iCaughtUPro to prevent people from shutdown device in normal way!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dont like it. I was testing and i put it as safe mode and it just showed a black screen but the volume HUD was still showing and same for respring. Ps. If u are not using this tweak for security reasons then try gpower pro. Although it might be paid, it still is a good tweak

Thanks

Yawn, I don't power off my iPhone very often.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Thanks
    gpowerpro does this.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MXCO View Post
    And as you can see the tweak replaces powering down with other useful features.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xXR3H@NXx. View Post
    Dont like it. I was testing and i put it as safe mode and it just showed a black screen but the volume HUD was still showing and same for respring. Ps. If u are not using this tweak for security reasons then try gpower pro. Although it might be paid, it still is a good tweak
    That's odd. Did you try respringing? I've never had that problem, and I've flung everything I had at it during beta testing.

Quote Originally Posted by MXCO View Post
    Yeah, but I bet you respring more often than powering down. If so, this tweak is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by phoojlis View Post
    gpowerpro does this.
    But is GPower Pro free?

Quote Originally Posted by playboy6006 View Post
    It might come in handy if you use it together with iCaughtUPro to prevent people from shutdown device in normal way!
    Yep. I'm adding a passcode lock to the settings cell in the next version, too.

Hey Anthony, my twitter is now Aehmlo instead of A3hmlo. Finally got the username I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    the slider appears at the top of your screen or not, your selected function will still take place after a couple of seconds of holding the sleep button down.
    Huh. I've never had that happen to me. Doesn't seem like it would happen because of the way I wrote this. I'll look into a fix in the next version.
    Last edited by Aehmlo; 08-02-2012 at 08:42 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Pretty useless. There a ton of better tweaks, and add-ons that work better.

Thanks

Anthony, I can't seem to replicate the issue where if you hold down the sleep button for long enough, it executes the selected action. Is there another tweak you may have installed that causes this behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfeind View Post
    Are there tons of them that are free?

And I wouldn't say this is useless. Even if you don't use it yourself, it's got pretty good functionality.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

he should add a function to this tweak were you can enable it or disable it, when you disable it you can turn off your device

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Csula View Post
    he should add a function to this tweak were you can enable it or disable it, when you disable it you can turn off your device
    -facepalm- it says on the screenshot "Remap Shutdown Function". If you turn that off, it will go back to normal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jado777 View Post
    -facepalm- it says on the screenshot "Remap Shutdown Function". If you turn that off, it will go back to normal.
    +1

For those of you having problems clicking on the links with my name, my twitter username is Aehmlo.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phoojlis View Post
    gpowerpro does this.
    My fav app also. I hardly shut down my iPad. But this app gives me the option.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfeind View Post
    your post is so helpful.
    how about naming a few for examples?