+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sharp Boss Dishes on New iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Reality is bumping rumors from the headlines Thursday as Sharp president Takashi Okuda dished on the 6th generation iPhone at a press briefing in Tokyo this morning. According to the
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Sharp Boss Dishes on New iPhone

Reality is bumping rumors from the headlines Thursday as Sharp president Takashi Okuda dished on the 6th generation iPhone at a press briefing in Tokyo this morning.

According to the revelation today, Sharp will begin shipping screens for the refreshed iPhone this month, suggesting that the forthcoming release may be approaching rapidly. "Shipments will start in August," Okuda was quoted saying by Reuters.

Okuda wouldn't speak to any further details pertaining to the 6th generation iPhone. But based on what other sources have admitted, the Sharp panels in question will be 4 inches corner to corner (30 percent bigger than the current iPhone model).

As of this writing, there has been no word as to the panel shipping estimates of Apple's other suppliers LG Display and Japan Display.

The iPhone screens will also be thinner than their previous incarnations with the use of so-called in-cell panels. The new technology embeds touch sensors into the liquid crystal display, eliminating the touch-screen layer found in current iPhones.
    As MMi has been reporting in recent weeks, production of the new iPhone is thought to have already begun inside of Asia. Apple is purportedly looking to unveil the device on or around September 12th.

Source: Reuters

iPhone? More like MyPhone rukavuda's Avatar
    Thanks

Bring it on apple
    It's about time you brought something new to the table, something that's going to blow my mind please
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9020/gagaxq.jpg

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Get rid of Korean made stuff from Samsuck in iPhone . Japanese tech is superior!

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

And thank you for referring to the next iPhone as the 6th generation instead of iPhone 5.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rukavuda View Post
    Bring it on apple
    It's about time you brought something new to the table, something that's going to blow my mind please
    You own Apple products. Sporks blow your mind. ITS A SPOON...ITS A FORK...MIND = BLOWN!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    And thank you for referring to the next iPhone as the 6th generation instead of iPhone 5.
    Amen!!! That was really been getting on my freaking nerves. The new iPhone will either be called iPhone 6 or they'll drop the number moniker altogether and just called it iPhone, similar to the latest iPad.

Also, I told myself that if Apple didn't finally make the screen bigger than I was gonna make a switch to a new Android phone. I'm very relieved to hear that they've finally made the screen bigger. Or they better have made it bigger anyway lol.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Gillmore View Post
    Amen!!! That was really been getting on my freaking nerves. The new iPhone will either be called iPhone 6 or they'll drop the number moniker altogether and just called it iPhone, similar to the latest iPad.

Also, I told myself that if Apple didn't finally make the screen bigger than I was gonna make a switch to a new Android phone. I'm very relieved to hear that they've finally made the screen bigger. Or they better have made it bigger anyway lol.

And you guys are so sure itll be called the iphone 6 because? You truly dont know youre just assuming, it could be called the iphone 5 i guess well wait and see

Thanks

Why does everyone care so much about what it's going to be called iPhone 5, iPhone 6, the new iPhone what does it matter?? as long as its a bit bigger with a bit of a new design everyone will buy it regardless of the name anyway!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Don't you mean "The new iPhone"? referring to "The new iPad"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i recently picked up an galaxy s3 , i've had the iphone since the first one and i'm just not being impressed by any news with it or ios 6. I have a month to return the new phone so we'll see but as o f right now i may be jumping ship from the iphone.

Thanks

I hope the new iPhone does blow my mind. The 4 and 4S were rather lack luster compared to some of the competition. I don't have to buy one thanfully as i'll get one from work. So even if im not blown away, at least its not my $$ being spent

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    And you guys are so sure itll be called the iphone 6 because? You truly dont know youre just assuming, it could be called the iphone 5 i guess well wait and see
    There is no way in hell it will be called iPhone 5. Apple wouldn't release an iPhone 5 that has ios 6 on it. You know they wouldn't do that.

Thanks

This really excites me because i just bought a Sharp AQUOS 52" LED HDTV and the picture quality is amazing. i think these new screens are going to be mind blowing if they are anything like the quality of the tv i just bought. sharp has really stepped up to the plate with their panels these days. woohoo!

Green Apple
    Thanks

There is no way in hell it will be called iPhone 5. Apple wouldn't release an iPhone 5 that has ios 6 on it. You know they wouldn't do that.
    Their is iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S with iOS 5 what makes you think they won't?

Livin the iPhone Life RkoViper81's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,290 Times in 522 Posts

I am so looking for to the new iPhone like someone else posted up above that if apple didn't make the screen bigger they were going to switch. I to was also in that boat I am tired of having a phone with this tiny screen compared to some of the other phones out there.

iPhone? More like MyPhone soidroidios's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm glad that after quite a few versions, they finally listened.. but they thought bigger only meant taller. lol. now we have a taller screen, but still the same width so typing will still be the same. so are the same inconveniences with the slimmer screen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rottdog View Post
    i recently picked up an galaxy s3 , i've had the iphone since the first one and i'm just not being impressed by any news with it or ios 6. I have a month to return the new phone so we'll see but as o f right now i may be jumping ship from the iphone.
    Funny, I did that last year. I bought the Samsung Skyrocket and returned it to get the 4S. I kinda regret it, but at the same time my iMac hated that phone.

Oh and cyanogenmoding isn't as cool as jailbreaking.