Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
08-01-2012, 02:56 AM #1
Digg Site Redesign Launches Along with New iOS App
For social media fans, you may already know that the new Digg site (and the new Betaworks team) has finally launched recently with a complete redesign and new editorial content. The overall scheme is a side-step to the user controlled network it once used to be but it seems like it was for the better. The new site seems to be quicker and smoother and has a more user-friendly interface. It features images and headlines from content around the web that is submitted by users. Here, users are allowed to vote up a piece of content with the new Digg also taking retweets and Facebook shares into account into one overall number.
Editors are given the option to place the content on the page where they deem appropriate, a step that moves away from the original Digg where votes moved content up on the page. The new system is laid out wonderfully with the Digg staff mentioning that it isnít all thatís coming, showing that theyíre committed to bring Digg to the social service it once was. The Digg staff mentioned the following features that they plan on adding in the future:
- introduce network-based personalization features (like we do in News.me) to make Digg a more relevant and social experience
- experiment with new commenting features
- continue to iterate Digg for mobile web
- move the website forward with features like the Reading List, different views into the top stories on Digg, and more data to help users better understand why a particular story is trending
- launch an API so that members of the development community can build all the products that we havenít even thought of yet
To all those of you who use Digg often: Happy Digging!
Source: Digg (blog)
08-01-2012, 08:53 AM #2