Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: P0sixninja Leaves Chronic Dev Team

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

whenever a member of the jailbreak team leaves, the same discussion of "I'm jumping ship to Android" or "say goodbye to jailbreaks" comes up.

Come on guys, there are many, many hackers out there that will step up to help in finding and releasing a jailbreak. It may get harder as time goes on, but I doubt we will ever be without a jailbreak. The community is too big now to just let things die. When it involves code, there's always a vulnerability.

Have faith!

iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Thanks

jailbreaking was the only thing that made them "famous" or matter in this community. not acting like children. if you aren't jailbreak, then there's the front door.

everybody loses when these people bicker and point fingers... how lame!

Also, no jb for iOS 6 will mean no more iPhones period. Back to the phones that aren't "smart".

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    Also, no jb for iOS 6 will mean no more iPhones period. Back to the phones that aren't "smart".
    There will be a jailbreak. Just because one guy left doesnt mean the end of the world for us.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I find it very strange that little dramatic pieces if information were broadcasted throughout social networking. I'm not sure what to make of this. Why exactly would he sell his phone with an exploit for iOS 6? To me it just seems like he would do it to say F U to CDT. Maybe they had an ugly falling out and Josh got stupid and childish. Or maybe it's a bs to see what happens (prob not). It just doesn't make sense to me.

And there are way to many brilliant minds in the jb community to say no more jb's will ever happen. That's just being simple. The ONLY way I can see jb's ever stopping is if Apple comes up with a way to block jb's completely or they PURCHASE a law to send people to prison for doing it (sarcastic). To many brilliant minds at work for jb's not to happen.

I know I may be approaching the edges of the realms of reality, or perhaps I've gone past them but could the iPhone and exploit be a Trojan horse/poison pill for apple, to keep their efforts at countering the next jailbreak moving in the wrong direction? Or perhaps he did get a job at apple and wanted to give the exploit to a third party so it was out there (somewhere), hence the cheap price, but didn't want to leave it with the chronic dev team as relations may have become strained (reason for his departure). Both of the above seem unlikely but not totally impossible.

Let's face it; in a capitalist society any entity with (appox.) $100 billion, that's $100,000,000,000 cash-pile (spare) has more capacity to buy souls than Satan himself/herself. So the various dev teams and lone devs working on jailbreaks and other iOS security related projects all around the world need to be very paranoid indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    There are alternate "smart" phones.
    Last edited by Gervs; 08-03-2012 at 09:11 AM.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

That's the other thing people think: An iPhone is not an iPhone without a jailbreak. I disagree with it. The iPhone is awesome, jailbroken or not. Jailbreak is just for extra awesome stuff that Apple hates, an iPhone is still awesome no matter what.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    That's the other thing people think: An iPhone is not an iPhone without a jailbreak. I disagree with it. The iPhone is awesome, jailbroken or not. Jailbreak is just for extra awesome stuff that Apple hates, an iPhone is still awesome no matter what.
    I agree with that, but other smart phone OS' are catching the non-jailbroken iOS fast, jailbroken iOS transcends every other OS out there right now (only time will tell if Windows Mobile 8 will bring anything new to the table or be recycled ideas in a shiny new box). Also the number of people planning to buy the next iPhone/iPad/itouch would also drop if it was a fact that there would be no jailbreaks for them, EVER, maybe the drop would be slight, as most people are just sheep. I mean; I, myself, only bought an iPad 3 because I knew, before buying, sooner or later a jailbreak would be released (according to websites such as this one). And was doing "jailbreak ipad 3 ios 5.1 release" google searches every other day (if not everyday) from the day I got it to the day the jailbreak dropped. On the other hand I'm putting off buying ATV 3 as jailbreak is far from certain.
    IMO the developers of jailbreaks, cydia, cydia apps, jb tweaks and even themes do Apple a great service for very little pay (not from Apple themselves) if any at all. Because without them iOS will not have continued to be an "unstoppable force of nature" that it is. It's like we (the jailbreak community) get to have our cake and eat it too.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

That's true. Apple is stubborn though, it's a known fact. Theming is the one thing Apple needs to unrestrict though, I know Apple wouldn't add anything else as I can understand why, but theming is where Apple fails. The device cannot be customized to ones liking without a jailbreak sadly, which explains why millions of people are jailbroken around the world.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

I would gladly pay $50 for a jailbreak for my 4s, as long as free updates would be available for the users that already bought it.
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    That's true. Apple is stubborn though, it's a known fact. Theming is the one thing Apple needs to unrestrict though, I know Apple wouldn't add anything else as I can understand why, but theming is where Apple fails. The device cannot be customized to ones liking without a jailbreak sadly, which explains why millions of people are jailbroken around the world.
    Hopefully, iOS 15 will be able to do that for us. Seriously, Apple is just slowly bringing in the good stuff now. a few add ons and viola! a new iOS.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Sad, but I feel confident that the Dev-team will survive this and move forward.
    Don't forget,

Chr0nic Dev Team
    and iPhone Dev Team are two different groups.
    Not the same people.
    They do (some of) the same stuff, but shouldn't be confused. They don't (necessarily) even like eachother.

C-Dev:

posixninja
    chronic
    pod2g
    ius

Dev-Team:

comex
    Jason Bourne
    MuscleNerd
    planetbeing
    saurik

Quote Originally Posted by soidroidios View Post
    Hopefully, iOS 15 will be able to do that for us. Seriously, Apple is just slowly bringing in the good stuff now. a few add ons and viola! a new iOS.
    "We're introducing 200 new features in iOS 15 but the first one we're really excited about is...custom default browsers. You'll now to be able to choose which browser iOS opens links in."

*applause*

Quote Originally Posted by brodimus View Post
    "We're introducing 200 new features in iOS 15 but the first one we're really excited about is...custom default browsers. You'll now to be able to choose which browser iOS opens links in."

*applause*
    Then they will tell the world how they did it first. ^_^
    Gotta love Apple marketing.
    Great products, ****** morals.

Thanks

Can't wait to have iOS 6 jailbroken
    Thanks for the info guys!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123