Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: P0sixninja Leaves Chronic Dev Team

Thanks
    Thanked 10,209 Times in 6,214 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dwizurd View Post
    I'm sure There is a lot to this story of his departure, but it is certainly strange to say the least. Maybe as a community, we should try to do more for the guys that bring us these jailbreaks. Whether it be donations or something else, cuz the dev teams truly do make my iPhone what it is. Without the jb, it just wouldn't be the same phone. Best wishes to posix though.
    Couldn't have said it better. Support the Dev-Team, if you haven't, you should...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    sad to hear this hopefully he will still jailbreak stuff just solo
    Apple is not stupid. There will be a contract preventing him doing this if he is going to work for Apple, I would not be surprised if he worked in the security department to find and patch holes to prevent jailbreaking.
    I just hope dev team did not share their ideas between each other, not saying @p0sixninja would sell out his previous partners better but hay you never know.
    Last edited by unison999; 07-31-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Thanks

Aww man I love josh.. Sad to see him go but I have no doubt jail breaking will always be around. Hopefully he did get a job at apple!

glad i got a Galaxy Note instead

My iPhone is a Part of Me dwizurd's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1279 View Post
    glad i got a Galaxy Note instead
    Just leave...... Nah, just playing around. I won't ever go back to android. Team Apple 4life.
    Noobus Majorus thanks are welcome <---

Don't know the validity but there were rumblings if the dev team charging for jb's. Now this. Coincidence?

I don't mean to sound like an unappreciative jerk here but what exactly was @p0sixninja's roll here? I mean what exactly did he contribute? Was he the spokesman for the Chronic Dev team or what? I don't recall any exploits released or discovered by him. Correct me if I'm wrong though. Like i said don't take this as bashing or being unappreciative or anything because if it were not for the jailbreak i don't think id own an iPhone to begin with.

Wow. The exploits for iOS 6 are pretty much wasted. This is awesome. And I have a freaking 4s. Lovely.

p0sixninja = drama queen.

P0sixninja, did what Ninjas do. And that is drop a smoke bomb and disappear. Only a ninja of his caliber had the brains to make it NUCLEAR! KABOOM!! "I'm out, and no iOS6 Jailbreak for you, at least not from me and not for a while. So suck it ingrates!! Poof!! I'm ghooooost"...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lohand For This Useful Post:

raduga (08-03-2012)

I remember a lot of security controversy surrounding him about six months ago.
    Looks like Apple turned another one to the dark side.

I'm all for charging for jailbreaks. What I'm not all for is iPhones without jailbreaks. So I don't care who's around to do it as long as it gets done.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djarkiz's Avatar
    Thanks

Seems like its a job thing he can't tell about that's why it would be so unclear, this is bad for the jailbreak community, hopefully more eager exploiters will take his place, no jailbreaking = no iPhone for this guy

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

That's the other confusing part to me, why sell an iPhone for so cheap....? He must have something really urgent I'm guessing.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

People please dont undermind Mr. Hill. The dude has done several important moves in the JB community. He "is responsible for GreenPois0n and more recently the Chronic-Dev Crash Reporter."

http://www.ijailbreak.com/p0sixninja/

This sucks, but as he said "hopefully people would see that it was never about the money". So honestly, if more people was giving more money I dont think it would matter. I am sure that there is more happening 'behind the curtain' than what we see as 'spectators'.

Quote Originally Posted by brodimus View Post
    I'm all for charging for jailbreaks. What I'm not all for is iPhones without jailbreaks. So I don't care who's around to do it as long as it gets done.
    Yep, iPhone is useless to me personally without a jailbreak. Only apple apps i use are phone, calender, weather, clock, calculator, email, and the music player. Basic features even an Razor flip phone had, lol! Rest of the tweaks/apps i use are all paid jailbroken ones. If it came down to it i would be the first one in line to pay for a legit un-tethered jailbreak without question. I know i'm not touching the new iPhone until the jailbreak comes out but i have patience. Love to see what kind of bugs people find first in line to grab it anyways just like the antenna issue with the iPhone 4, lol! So many thousands with their hands in the air saying WTF Apple, haha! I can wait

Thanks

We do help our Hackers..or so I thought. When GeoHot was in trouble with Sony, we pooled together and raised his court costs. Has to be more to this story than just $$. Im just wondering what that is??

I find it curious or at least interesting that Apple keeps "integrating" functions and features previously only available through a jailbreak, so as much as I'd like to count myself into those clamoring for "jailbreak or bust, if I don't get a JB I'll turn to Android", I wouldn't be too hasty in jumping. Just yet. What if some of these "ninjas" have to be brought into the Apple fold to make the integrations smoother, and actually serve the icommunity from inside "enemy lines"? In any event, good luck dude.
    Last edited by metaserph; 08-01-2012 at 10:47 AM.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

Thanks

Maybe it's all party of there master plan to infiltrate Apple and find out from the inside what the security holes are and give them to the Dev team? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    I find it curious or at least interesting that Apple keeps "integrating" functions and features previously only available through a jailbreak, so as much as I'd like to count myself into those clamoring for "jailbreak or bust, if I don't get a JB I'll turn to Android", I wouldn't be too hasty in jumping. Just yet. What if some of these "ninjas" have to be brought into the Apple fold to make the integrations smoother, and actually serve the icommunity from inside "enemy lines"? In any event, good luck dude.
    Keyword, WTF, second keyword, When, third, Doubtful. Maybe by the time the iPhone 8 is released, lol! With how anal Apple is with rights, doubt we will ever see apps like iBlacklist in the app store and what not. There will always be a need for a jailbreak, always. This is with any device/company even android. Every HTC phone i had before my iPhone 4 was "jailbroken" and was able to change the themes, apps, and even change the operating systems to newer or different ones. On my last HTC phone i could run either Android operating system or Windows Mobile, so much more possiblities with these jailbreaks. To think they ever go away for good would be a terrible day to just be a sheep in the pasture of Apple.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast