Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook App Gets Save for Later Feature

Thanks

Default Facebook App Gets Save for Later Feature

Facebook recently added a new feature to the Facebook for iPhone and iPad app that allows you to save posts for later. This feature was also confirmed to be working on the Facebook website. The whole concept works similar to what other services usually specify as “favorites.” If you browse the Saved posts, you’re able to scroll through them later as their own feed but you’ll have to physically mark them as Unsave to remove them from the Saved folder.

For those of you who want to try the feature out, you’ll need to Save posts first. To do this, hold your finger down on the post you want to save and a popup that says Save will appear. Just tap the popup and you’ll successfully save it. Now to access your Saved folder, you’ll have to scroll to the bottom of the sidebar menu and tap on Edit Favorites. Next, tap + and select Saved from your list of Apps, then tap Done. You should now be able to see your Saved folder in the Favorites section of your sidebar menu.

It should be noted that your saved stories are private so you don’t have to worry about anyone being notified of what you saved or did not save. Another thing that should be pointed out is that you don’t need to download an update to receive this feature. You’ll see a notification informing you about the feature at the top of your news feed when you use the Facebook app. This notification was present on the iPhone version of the app but not on the iPad, despite the feature being present in both.

How many of you plan to use the feature?

Source: iMore, The Verge

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Didn't work on my 4S. Anyone else have any luck?
    Last edited by epiticus1; 07-31-2012 at 03:48 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is *awesome* - there are plenty of times that a long article or long video is shared on Facebook and I see it on my phone but don't have the time to consume that content right away. I often forget to go back and check it out later.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nope, not for me, doesn't work. And I'd probably NEVER use this feature.

Thanks

iPhone 4s here...got no pop up notification of the feature...also, it's not working for me either...

i don't think this is actually a good feature.. well most of my friend status are just rubbish...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emmanravalo View Post
    i don't think this is actually a good feature.. well most of my friend status are just rubbish...
    Same here

The Facebook app for iOS is the slowest and worst performing app I've ever used. Save it for later is required because the app is so G.D. slow that by the time you get to an interesting post your out of time!

Can't wait for the Objective C rewrite due out sometime this summer.

I think facebook app is pretty cool cuzz I can do everything with this app. and without facebook mobile I can't live or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgunaca View Post
    This is *awesome* - there are plenty of times that a long article or long video is shared on Facebook and I see it on my phone but don't have the time to consume that content right away. I often forget to go back and check it out later.
    Fbsave.com has come up with this feature as Facebook App. Check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by cypherstream View Post
    The Facebook app for iOS is the slowest and worst performing app I've ever used. Save it for later is required because the app is so G.D. slow that by the time you get to an interesting post your out of time!

Can't wait for the Objective C rewrite due out sometime this summer.
    Fbsave.com has come up with this feature as Facebook App. Check it out.