+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable the Nitro JavaScript Engine in Third Party Apps With 'Nitrous'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by pratt1503 What. I cant see a reason on my iphone ? Is there something missing after This ? He actually did not say anything or provide any
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pratt1503 View Post
    What. I cant see a reason on my iphone ?

Is there something missing after This ?

He actually did not say anything or provide any information whatsoever. A trending idiotic thing to do on the internet is to quote other user statements with the word "this", indicating that they "agree" with a statement.

Thanks

You need to check your Internet speeds. Do you have winterboard and other apps that might be taking up a lot of memory. All the things u discribe point to slow Internet and memory bogged device. Check device memory usage and Internet speeds.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dansaDisco's Avatar
    Thanks

Relax guys. The tweak was broken at first for some, sure. But the dev was very fast with supplying a fix through his private repo, so I don't see the reason to throw a huge argument about it..?

Take it easy, seriously

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy Still crashes for me
    Using the 1.0-9 version here, 65 apps, still crashing when entering the Settings > Nitrous.
    Tried removing and reistalling the package.
    Do you have any ideas guys?

iPhone4 iOS 5.0.1 (9A405)

Thanks in advance, Daniel

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 0verd0sed View Post
    Using the 1.0-9 version here, 65 apps, still crashing when entering the Settings > Nitrous.
    Tried removing and reistalling the package.
    Do you have any ideas guys?

iPhone4 iOS 5.0.1 (9A405)

Any reason you haven't updated to 5.1.1? It may be the reason for your crashing. Just update to 5.1.1 and JB again. I realize it'll eat up some time for you but you'll have to balance that with being able to use the tweak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey,

Very few users have reported any problems with 1.0-9. Please feel free to email me, preferably with the crash logs from /var/mobile/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/, and we can try to figure out what the issue is.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattoligy View Post
    Not sure what all the hypes about, just bought this tweak and in terms of user experience it barely makes a difference! Websites still load slow and scrolling is still jerky, on the iPad 3 too... It's all well and good showing us a bunch of numbers and then people are like OMG those Numbers look amaaaaaazing, well in reality when actually using a website via a 3rd party app, Safari still absolutely wins hands down! I'm not budging from it!

Not worth paying for!
    I disagree entirely. This tweak is the best thing since, I dunno, SBSettings. It works great on my iPad 3 and my 4S, and at $.99 to improve both devices, it's the best dollar I've spent in a long time.
    Quaerite et invenietis.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jpbl1976 View Post
    Any reason you haven't updated to 5.1.1? It may be the reason for your crashing. Just update to 5.1.1 and JB again. I realize it'll eat up some time for you but you'll have to balance that with being able to use the tweak.
    Yeah so, I did a full restore to 5.1.1, before restoring all the apps I installed the tweak and the Chrome only, went to settings and it did not crash, turned on the switch for Chrome and it worked great.
    Until I restored all my apps back (ipa's only) and when I enter the tweak settings it crashes again.
    Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by joedj View Post
    Hey,

Very few users have reported any problems with 1.0-9. Please feel free to email me, preferably with the crash logs from /var/mobile/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/, and we can try to figure out what the issue is.
    Hey,

Please look at my answer above please, what crash log do you need exactly? What's the files name you need?
    I really want to continue using the tweak and it would be awesome to get some help with it.

EDIT : It works great now that Nitrous 1.0-12 came out!!!
    Thanks a lot joedj!!
    Last edited by 0verd0sed; 08-08-2012 at 08:12 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wow, great tweak. Noticed the speed increase instantly in iCab and ProTube, which now has it built-in.

Apple, you guys are such dicks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Still wondering why my chrome browser is crashing constantly... I am using chrome download manager and just wondering if anyone knows tweaks or apps that directly conflict with this tweak.. When it works it works great I notice the difference.. But I go on sygex.Us it crashes. Other sites too.. Any ideas people ??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

would it hurt to turn on nitrous for all my apps?
    i just turned it on for all my apps, about 30 of them. would that slow things down?

iPad 1, iOS 5.1.1

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123