+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 51 of 51

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Enable the Nitro JavaScript Engine in Third Party Apps With 'Nitrous'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by pratt1503 What. I cant see a reason on my iphone ? Is there something missing after This ? He actually did not say anything or provide any
...
  1. #41
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    69
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pratt1503 View Post
    What. I cant see a reason on my iphone ?

    Is there something missing after This ?

    He actually did not say anything or provide any information whatsoever. A trending idiotic thing to do on the internet is to quote other user statements with the word "this", indicating that they "agree" with a statement.

  2. #42
    Green Apple RONZO77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    baltimore
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    You need to check your Internet speeds. Do you have winterboard and other apps that might be taking up a lot of memory. All the things u discribe point to slow Internet and memory bogged device. Check device memory usage and Internet speeds.

  3. #43
    iPhone? More like MyPhone dansaDisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 247 Times in 77 Posts

    Relax guys. The tweak was broken at first for some, sure. But the dev was very fast with supplying a fix through his private repo, so I don't see the reason to throw a huge argument about it..?

    Take it easy, seriously

  4. #44
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Unhappy Still crashes for me
    Using the 1.0-9 version here, 65 apps, still crashing when entering the Settings > Nitrous.
    Tried removing and reistalling the package.
    Do you have any ideas guys?

    iPhone4 iOS 5.0.1 (9A405)

    Thanks in advance, Daniel

  5. #45
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 0verd0sed View Post
    Using the 1.0-9 version here, 65 apps, still crashing when entering the Settings > Nitrous.
    Tried removing and reistalling the package.
    Do you have any ideas guys?

    iPhone4 iOS 5.0.1 (9A405)

    Thanks in advance, Daniel
    Any reason you haven't updated to 5.1.1? It may be the reason for your crashing. Just update to 5.1.1 and JB again. I realize it'll eat up some time for you but you'll have to balance that with being able to use the tweak.

  6. #46
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hey,

    Very few users have reported any problems with 1.0-9. Please feel free to email me, preferably with the crash logs from /var/mobile/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/, and we can try to figure out what the issue is.

  7. #47
    iPhoneaholic Amadomon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    417
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 38 Times in 34 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mattoligy View Post
    Not sure what all the hypes about, just bought this tweak and in terms of user experience it barely makes a difference! Websites still load slow and scrolling is still jerky, on the iPad 3 too... It's all well and good showing us a bunch of numbers and then people are like OMG those Numbers look amaaaaaazing, well in reality when actually using a website via a 3rd party app, Safari still absolutely wins hands down! I'm not budging from it!

    Not worth paying for!
    I disagree entirely. This tweak is the best thing since, I dunno, SBSettings. It works great on my iPad 3 and my 4S, and at $.99 to improve both devices, it's the best dollar I've spent in a long time.
    Quaerite et invenietis.

  8. #48
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jpbl1976 View Post
    Any reason you haven't updated to 5.1.1? It may be the reason for your crashing. Just update to 5.1.1 and JB again. I realize it'll eat up some time for you but you'll have to balance that with being able to use the tweak.
    Yeah so, I did a full restore to 5.1.1, before restoring all the apps I installed the tweak and the Chrome only, went to settings and it did not crash, turned on the switch for Chrome and it worked great.
    Until I restored all my apps back (ipa's only) and when I enter the tweak settings it crashes again.
    Any ideas?

    Quote Originally Posted by joedj View Post
    Hey,

    Very few users have reported any problems with 1.0-9. Please feel free to email me, preferably with the crash logs from /var/mobile/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/, and we can try to figure out what the issue is.
    Hey,

    Please look at my answer above please, what crash log do you need exactly? What's the files name you need?
    I really want to continue using the tweak and it would be awesome to get some help with it.

    Thanks in advance, Daniel

    EDIT : It works great now that Nitrous 1.0-12 came out!!!
    Thanks a lot joedj!!
    Last edited by 0verd0sed; 08-08-2012 at 08:12 AM.

  9. #49
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    112
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Wow, great tweak. Noticed the speed increase instantly in iCab and ProTube, which now has it built-in.

    Apple, you guys are such dicks.

  10. #50
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Still wondering why my chrome browser is crashing constantly... I am using chrome download manager and just wondering if anyone knows tweaks or apps that directly conflict with this tweak.. When it works it works great I notice the difference.. But I go on sygex.Us it crashes. Other sites too.. Any ideas people ??

  11. #51
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    would it hurt to turn on nitrous for all my apps?
    i just turned it on for all my apps, about 30 of them. would that slow things down?

    iPad 1, iOS 5.1.1

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts