Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Kickstarter Projects You Should Consider Kickstarting

Default Kickstarter Projects You Should Consider Kickstarting

Charge Card for iPhone and Android

Fundraising Goal: $50,000
    Amount Pledged: $104,8960
    Days To Go: 27

Noah Dentzel and Adam Miller are the minds behind the Charge Card, a simple solution to those in need of a compact portable charger. The Charge Card is suitable play on words as the devices folds up into a faux credit card that can easily slip into a wallet, purse, or pocket. When the need for a charge arises simply pull out the Charge Card flip out the micro-USB charger and plug the 30-pin connector into the iPhone. We’ll be interviewing Dentzel and Miller later this week as well.

MagSkin: Magentic skin for iPad, iPhone 4/4S and iPhone 5

Fundraising Goal: $5,500
    Amount Pledged: $3,514
    Days To Go: 13

MagSkin is a simple iPhone skin with a simple twist, it is magnetic. The creator Daniel Weyer’s first MagSkin was made just for himself as he wanted to cut down on the clutter on his counter-top. Weyer cut an adhesive magnet and stuck it to the back of his iPhone and could subsequently stick his iPhone to any magnetic surface. The MagSkin has evolved to include the MagDock which allows users to attach the MagSkin devices to non-magnetic surfaces. Secure a MagSkin starting with a $10 pledge.

Pair With Pear - Bluetooth to your speaker’s dock

Fundraising Goal: $40,000
    Amount Pledged: $123,671
    Days To Go: 42

The Pear Bluetooth dock connector allows users to pair their iDevice wirelessly to their iDevice docking system giving users the freedom to still use their iDevice while listening to music. The device extends the life of older docks, and adds functionality to cheaper docks lacking Bluetooth connectivity. The device can pair with up to 8 devices, but only one at a time will work. While the early bird special has passed, a $40 pledge secures your choice of a white or jet-black Pear.
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 07-30-2012 at 05:57 PM.

Could be epic
    Have a random themeing/jaku question? Hit me up on twitter to avoid an off topic post. I am glad to help.
    @jimbohurt

I backed the pear.

I would back the magskin depending on exactly how thin it is.. I prefer to not use cases or add extra thickness..

The charge card.. I would back BUT since the new iphone is going to have a different dock connector it seems useless.. Hopefully they update it to include the new connector..

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I would never stick my iPhone, iPod, or iPad onto a fridge....if you stuck an adhesive on the back I think it would ruin your device. The possibility of it falling alone is enough for me not to do it. Children would find a way to get to it...who knows what could happen. Just not for me, maybe someone else though.

Too bad that two out of three of these things are useless, what with the new iPhone sporting (according to all rumors), a new dock connector...

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor2213 View Post
    Too bad that two out of three of these things are useless, what with the new iPhone sporting (according to all rumors), a new dock connector...
    Exactly what I'm thinking. Why buy this right now for the majority who will be buying the new iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor2213 View Post
    That would be a reason to get the Bluetooth thing. To connect the new iPhone to your outdated music player.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobh4 View Post
    That would be a reason to get the Bluetooth thing. To connect the new iPhone to your outdated music player.
    DING DING! Thank you for being a little optimistic! As far as dock connector changing expect Charge Card to release an updated version once Apple releases the specifications on the updated dock connector.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyleeme View Post
    Exactly what I'm thinking. Why buy this right now for the majority who will be buying the new iPhone
    How do you figure that 2 of them are useless?? The pear makes your existing dock wireless regardless of the phone you have and the magnet has nothing to do with the dock connector. The pear eliminates your need to buy a new dock.

Pear seems cool. Seeing as I have an otterbox, it would be great to use that.

I don't need the magnet skin, the Pear is something I could use, and the credit card charger would come in handy but I already have a charger keychain, don't need both. Not to mention the bad timing since the new iPhone is suppose to get a new dock connector.

Thanks

Anybody notice that the iPhone at 55 seconds already shows the charging screen before the charge card even touches the phone? This can be done via Jailbreak but still....

All good/fun ideas though...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nice projects... Too bad I grave up on my Apple last November when AT&T kicked me off there unlimited data plan.

Quote Originally Posted by viperfan91 View Post
    Anybody notice that the iPhone at 55 seconds already shows the charging screen before the charge card even touches the phone? This can be done via Jailbreak but still....

All good/fun ideas though...
    Actually it was a screenshot, the slide to unlock text wasn't cycling. In fact if you look carefully, every shot the iPhone had the same time; 10:41. There was another shot where they plugged in the iPhone, and it did not respond at all. This is probably cause they did not have a 'working' model at the time of the video. Obviously they would provide the real product upon launch.
    Hacking away at the Apple tree!

It can't be Crysis...... Unless you have a Crisis trying to kill those damn aliens
    Sys specs: AMD Phenom X4 9650 2.3ghz, 4 gb ram, OS: Windows 7 F.I.R.E 2010 Edition, nVidia 7900 GS, I-INC 25" LCD Monitor

Proud iPhone 4 32gb Black 5.0.1 and iPad 3 64gb Black 5.1 owner

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    I would never stick my iPhone, iPod, or iPad onto a fridge....if you stuck an adhesive on the back I think it would ruin your device. The possibility of it falling alone is enough for me not to do it. Children would find a way to get to it...who knows what could happen. Just not for me, maybe someone else though.
    Think of what would happen if you set your magnetic iPhone/iPad next to your wallet with all of your credit cards. Or if you carry your wallet in a front pocket and set your iPad on your lap while browsing. Just a thought.

The pear is a good one and I've backed it. It makes a lot of sense especially with a new iphone right around the corner.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guitarplaya7777 View Post
    Think of what would happen if you set your magnetic iPhone/iPad next to your wallet with all of your credit cards. Or if you carry your wallet in a front pocket and set your iPad on your lap while browsing. Just a thought.
    Theres only certain magnets out there that will "wipe" a credit card. Even so, try taking your normal fridge magnet and stick it on your phone or by your computer.. it will not harm the device. It doesnt have enough strengh...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

To see if you would like something like this Just buy a cheapo case/cover for your iphone then get a couple of business card magnets available at any office depot/staples. Attach to your phone and try it out! These magnets will not be custom cut of course BUT its a good way to see if this would benefit you or not. I tried it with a cheapo case total cost $5.00. I just put the case on my phone if I want to use the magnet.

Thanks

wow..some really cool innovations! Charge Card is awesome..i want one haha!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast