Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Rumored to Announce New iPhone on September 12th

Thanks

Default Apple Rumored to Announce New iPhone on September 12th

A report from the folks over at iMore who claims to have cited sources that “have proven accurate in the past” claims inside knowledge of an unannounced Apple event that will supposedly unveil the next-generation iPhone, a new iPod Nano, and the long-rumored smaller iPad model currently being called the “iPad Mini.” The information, which seems to come right after fully-assembled next-generation iPhone pictures have been released, seems to add up to what could possibly be an accurate date.

The sources go on to say that the next-generation iPhone will likely go on sale the week of September 17th, just one week after its debut. The rollout dates for the smaller iPad and the iPod Nano weren’t mentioned though. It was being reported previously that the iPad could possibly be unveiled sometime in October at a sub-$200 price point. The launch date rumors seem to go hand to hand with several analyst projections of an early September launch for the next-generation iOS devices.

Foxconn was previously reported hiring extra staff to accommodate the influx of iOS device orders and the Zhengzhou plant is said to have already rolled out a few iPhone batches ahead of mass production as well. Information on where the iPad will be built remains unclear, as there seems to be conflicting reports of whether the assembly will take place at Foxconn’s Chengdu plant in China or Jundiai plant in Brazil. The sources also didn’t offer any additional information regarding hardware specifics, although they did reiterate that the iPad mini will “be exactly like the 9.7-inch iPad, only scaled down to 7.x-inches.” The description they provided seemed to go hand to hand with earlier “leaked” engineering samples of the device that showed the inclusion of the smaller, 19-pin dock connector widely expected to be introduced in the next-generation iPhone. There isn’t much information about the new iPod Nano aside from one source who claims the device will be moving to a smaller iPhone-like design with a home button.

Source: iMore

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

This would be great I hope this happens.

Thanks

The sooner the better!

Confession time: i don't want the new iPhone to have a bigger screen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I totally agree.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,201 Times in 6,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    The sooner the better!
    Ditto, can't wait...

Thanks

Why is that? Think a little bigger would be nice. What else can they do to make it different.

Any longer than this... and I would have been tempted away by the HTC One X.... I'll hold out though..

Forget the new iphone and what it's going to look like. How long until the first un-tethered jailbreak will be out for it?!? That's the real question. I don't know about everyone else but i use more jailbreak apps then app store apps. Really the only stock apps i use is weather, calender, phone, and the music player. Rest are basically jailbroken paid for apps and tweaks few some app store games and couple apps. Phone is almost useless or child's play to me without jailbreak.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wukillabee View Post
    Forget the new iphone and what it's going to look like. How long until the first un-tethered jailbreak will be out for it?!? That's the real question. I don't know about everyone else but i use more jailbreak apps then app store apps. Really the only stock apps i use is weather, calender, phone, and the music player. Rest are basically jailbroken paid for apps and tweaks few some app store games and couple apps. Phone is almost useless or child's play to me without jailbreak.
    Time will tell

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Will definitely be getting a White iphone 5.

I wonder if the smaller pin connecter will be on the new nano and ipad mini too.. wouldnt make sense if it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by n0id View Post
    I wonder if the smaller pin connecter will be on the new nano and ipad mini too.. wouldnt make sense if it wasn't.
    Would make them look silly of it was the 30 pin and iPhone on 19.

Good to know I'm not the only one.

I think you need to go here. Not modmyi. http://androidforums.com/

Last sentence - truth be told.

Hopefully it's that soon cuz I'm ready to jump on the sgs3.... BUT I will wait to see what the outcome is.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Will wait
    I agree, that is the big question. I bought the 4s the day it came out, and went about three months or however long it was before they got the jailbreak working. That whole time I kept my 3gs to use an a jailbroken Ipod since most of my programs and apps were on there. It kind of sucked. I won't be buying the 5 the day it comes out. I will wait for the jailbreak this time.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Why is that? Think a little bigger would be nice. What else can they do to make it different.
    Think about all the apps that will have to be redone

Remember last year when everyone in "Rumorville" was saying the same thing about the "iPhone 5" being announced on September 7th, 2011?? But that didn't happen until the beginning of October... lol just relax guys, it'll be here when it gets here...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast