Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Tweaks of the Week 7/23 - 7/29

Default Best Tweaks of the Week 7/23 - 7/29

Here are the best jailbreak creations for the week of July 23rd until today, July 29th as per the opinion of our staff. This is a weekly recap.

1. LiveClock - FREE

LiveClock is far from being released just this week, however it was updated this week for the first time in what seems like forever with support for iOS 5.1.1. Ryan Petrich took the project back from the developer he handed it down to and updated it so the Clock application icons on our iOS 5.1.1 devices could tick and tock once more. That’s all the tweak really does, but it’s such a subtle and pleasant addition to iOS that it just feels like it belongs there. It comes with some additional themes that will only appear on your device if you have WinterBoard installed – these themes include hiding the second hand and changing the clock’s colors. I personally recommend this tweak to everyone.

2. Grafiti - 99

Grafiti is a new jailbreak tweak by IanP that allows you to send drawn pictures to your friends’ cell phones and iOS devices. The tweak lets you draw pictures using RGB sliders to pick your colors and a weight adjustment to adjust the weight of the lines you draw. It comes complete with redo and undo buttons and once finished, you tap done and send it off. It gets sent as a picture message, so it works with all devices that support MMS and iMessage. This is a fun way to start messaging your friends and they will be jealous because they can’t draw you messages back!

3. Maximization - FREE

Maximization is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Rudolf Lichtner that allows you to force all applications to run in full-screen mode. The tweak completely hides the status bar in all selected applications, which gives you an extra 20 pixels of interface. In addition, you can pull down from the top of the screen to reveal the Notification Center grabber tab and it will show you both the time and your battery percentage. Maximization doesn’t affect your status bar on the home screen or the lock screen. It was made to help increase your user interface and decrease surrounding clutter.

4. Chrome Download Manager - $3.00

Chrome Download Manager is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Skram that adds a fully visual download manager to Google Chrome for iOS. It shows you your download progress, download speed, file size, and destination directory and lets you open your downloaded files with iFile. Chrome Download Manager works with several different file types and it integrates nicely into the browser with badge alerts and notifications when downloads complete. If you’re a Google Chrome nut, then this is a tweak you have to check out!

Stay tuned for next week's best tweaks - only on ModMyi!

If you missed last week's Best Tweaks of the Week, you can check it out from this link.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-29-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Maximization isn't that bad. It's a small tweak that is very noticeable and a little more screen never hurt anybody

Would live clock work on the ipad? (is there a way to have the clock app for the iphone on the ipad?) (for JB devices obviously)

I absolutely loved these tweaks! Live clock has always been awesome!

Maximization surprisingly made me realize all the real estate the status bar took up and I love it!

Graffiti is a really fun tweak just to mess with!

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Maximization isn't that bad. It's a small tweak that is very noticeable and a little more screen never hurt anybody
    Would be good of it did what it said ???

I have tried this on the iphone 4S and it just takes away the status bar and does not make the screen bigger
    There is just no status bar.

"confused"
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

Quote Originally Posted by pratt1503 View Post
    Would be good of it did what it said ???

I have tried this on the iphone 4S and it just takes away the status bar and does not make the screen bigger
    There is just no status bar.

"confused"
    Yeah that's pretty much it bro. But to a lot of us it's a huge difference

i grabbed the free ones.
    ... and i like that maximization gives us the option to configure which apps to affect.
    Last edited by hank197857; 07-30-2012 at 08:12 AM.

Is there a way to work around double tapping the status bar to get to the top with Maximization?

Once I install live clock sbs settings crash and keep doing reset any ideas

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Then get an ipad.

Quote Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
    Is there a way to work around double tapping the status bar to get to the top with Maximization?
    I haven't tried Maximize yet, but if going to the top of the page doesn't work without the status bar there then you could use other tweaks like Action Menu, I believe it adds an action to the Copy/Paste menu to scroll up to the top of the page. I think there are other tweaks out there that get you to the top of the page using other gestures as well, just can't remember their names or if they're working on newer firmwares.
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th