Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Maximization' Forces Full-Screen for iOS Apps

Default 'Maximization' Forces Full-Screen for iOS Apps

iOS displays the Status Bar in most applications so the user can see important information such as the battery percentage and current time, however not everyone feels the need to see this information in the middle of using their device. If you have come accustomed to full-screen applications in OS X Mountain Lion or Lion, then a new and free jailbreak tweak dubbed Maximization by iOS developer Rudolf Lichtner may excite you.

Maximization, once installed, forces full-screen application interfaces in every application by default:

The maximized interface increases the size of the interface by 20 pixels – the size of the status bar, which is nixed from the interface with Maximization. With the Status Bar gone, you must be wondering how you are going to see the time and battery percentage from within applications – as it turns out, Maximization includes NCTabClock-like functionality that shows you the time and battery percentage on the Notification Center tab when you swipe down from the top of the screen:

Since Maximization enables full-screen mode for all applications be default, this leaves it up to the user to select the applications they don’t want the tweak to operate for. You will find a preferences pane in the Settings application where you can select the applications you want the tweak to work with. The top list of applications contains all of your stock applications and Cydia applications, and the bottom list of applications contains all of your App Store downloads – applications go in alphabetical order:

For those of you that like the status bar, this isn’t something you’re going to want to install. The only way you will be able to see the status bar with the tweak enabled is from the home screen, lock screen, or Notification Center.

Maximization is a nice little mod to add to iOS since it gives you a less-cluttered environment.

Update: Maximization is now live in the ModMyi repository!

Name: Maximization
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-2
    Requirements: iOS 5, AppList
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: Rudolf Lichtner
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Sources: Rudolf Lichtner
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-29-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Will this tweak work like FullForce on the iPad ?

Quote Originally Posted by Serge96 View Post
    Will this tweak work like FullForce on the iPad ?
    It looks like it.

This is now live in Cydia

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyler Matthews For This Useful Post:

Sk37cH (08-31-2012)

One of the best tweaks in weeks !!!!! Love it !!!!

Ok I just got it and it works great! I love every part of this tweak except that it only show 24h time but hopefully there will be an update that shows 12h time so rite now to look at the time I have to pull the notification center down. Also, in a few apps like the modmyi app the size for the interaction space is alittle short but I can live with that!
    Last edited by xXR3H@NXx.; 07-29-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 1,382 Posts

This disables the 'Auto-Scroll to the top' that I use all the time....

Maybe it'll come in an update but for now I'm uninstalling it.

Would've liked it otherwise!

Thanks

very nice, I wish there was one to force status bar on full screen apps.

Thanks

The majority of my activator actions are status bar based... Does anyone know if they still work if you're in full screen mode?

How do u change the time to non 24 mode(Army time) its fine when i'm looking at my apps but once its in full mode its Army time all over again.. Is that a mess up?

Thanks

I installed the tweak and answered my own question... It's very nice to have that extra space on the screen freed up even though small the difference is... Had to reassign a few activator gestures to make my phone work for me and the fullscreen tweak... In my opinion it is a much better look without the status bar. However, if you rely on status bar activator gestures like I do then it might not be for you... I personally prefer not to use my buttons much but I have reassigned a few activator actions to my home button to try this tweak... It really is a nice tweak, just not sure if I will keep it installed due to my love of status bar based actions...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    I installed the tweak and answered my own question... It's very nice to have that extra space on the screen freed up even though small the difference is... Had to reassign a few activator gestures to make my phone work for me and the fullscreen tweak... In my opinion it is a much better look without the status bar. However, if you rely on status bar activator gestures like I do then it might not be for you... I personally prefer not to use my buttons much but I have reassigned a few activator actions to my home button to try this tweak... It really is a nice tweak, just not sure if I will keep it installed due to my love of status bar based actions...
    So (from the sound of your post) any Status Bar gesture is disabled w/ this tweak. That sux but maybe an update will figure out a way to overcome this problem.

It's interesting, though, how Ryan Petrich was able to confine Activator gestures to just the Status Bar. I, honestly, thought it was just touching the top of the screen but 'claiming' the gesture was the Status Bar since its always at the top. It must be plugged into the UIKit...

Sorry, thinking out loud!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    So (from the sound of your post) any Status Bar gesture is disabled w/ this tweak. That sux but maybe an update will figure out a way to overcome this problem.

It's interesting, though, how Ryan Petrich was able to confine Activator gestures to just the Status Bar. I, honestly, thought it was just touching the top of the screen but 'claiming' the gesture was the Status Bar since its always at the top. It must be plugged into the UIKit...
    Speaking of Mr. Petrich, he just released Monocle on his beta repo yssterday and it's a better match for me than maximization... It's actually the same as maximization in the fact that it puts all views in full screen mode but differs in the sense that its enabled and disabled via activator actions... Much more my style...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    Speaking of Mr. Petrich, he just released Monocle on his beta repo yssterday and it's a better match for me than maximization... It's actually the same as maximization in the fact that it puts all views in full screen mode but differs in the sense that its enabled and disabled via activator actions... Much more my style...
    LOL! I'm trying it right now!!!

LOL! I'm trying it right now!!!
    I set up the Activator to use 'From Screen Top-Right' and it worx nicely! I'll prolly keep this one now. I'm gonna write Ryan to see if he can make include a toggle for making apps go FullScreen by Default

And here's my redone demo w/ audio:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jv6-bvo418Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Last edited by thazsar; 07-30-2012 at 01:15 PM.

thazsar, is your 'From Screen Top-Right' to replace double tapping the status bar to jump to the top?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
    thazsar, is your 'From Screen Top-Right' to replace double tapping the status bar to jump to the top?
    No, the 'auto-scroll to the top' is still intact with the default method. The swipe down is only for hiding/unhiding the Status Bar.

If I want to use 'auto-scroll to the top,' I have to unhide the Status Bar so I can use auto-scroll.

FYI, you don't need to double-tap to auto-scroll to the top. It's just a single tap!
    Last edited by thazsar; 07-30-2012 at 10:36 AM.

No, the 'auto-scroll to the top' is still intact with the default method. The swipe down is only for hiding/unhiding the Status Bar.

If I want to use 'auto-scroll to the top,' I have to unhide the Status Bar so I can use auto-scroll.

FYI, you don't need to double-tap to auto-scroll to the top. It's just a single tap!
    Thanks, is there a way to use a gesture to autohide the status bar?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
    Thanks, is there a way to use a gesture to autohide the status bar?
    Using 'Monocle' from Ryan's repo: rpetri.ch/repo
    You can assign a gesture to hide the status bar.

Using Activator, I chose:
    Anywhere ➠ Slide In Gesture ➠ From Screen Top-Right

FYI, I also only have 'Status Bar Hide' turned on in the Settings