Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Tweak 'Grafiti' Lets You Draw Your Text Messages

Default New Tweak 'Grafiti' Lets You Draw Your Text Messages

A few of you may be familiar with the Nintendo DS feature called Picto-chat, which was basically a way to message your friends over Wi-Fi. In Picto-chat you could not only type out messages, but you could also draw them and draw pictures to go with them. A new jailbreak tweak dubbed Grafiti by iOS developer Ian Pappas is now live in Cydia that accomplishes something similar on iOS devices through text messaging.

Grafiti is ultimately made to resemble an international keyboard in iOS. It is only available in the stock Messages application and the keyboard is toggled by tapping on the international keyboard button, which brings up a prompt letting you pick from all the international keyboards you have enabled – including Grafiti:

Grafiti includes drawing tools that you can use to your advantage to draw messages or pictures and send to your friends. It includes an option to choose the weight of your strokes, the color of your strokes (via RGB sliders), the ability to clear your drawing, and undo/redo controls. When you finish drawing your picture, you need to tap on the done button. You can return to one of iOS' native keyboards at any time by tapping on the international keyboard button and selecting a keyboard.

When you finish a drawing and tap on the done button, you will be sending an image file to the receiver. Since the tweak makes an image out of your drawing, any phone or iOS device capable of reading image files can render the drawing you make. Grafiti also works with both the stock messaging and Apple’s iMessage. Unfortunately, the tweak is not capable of running on the iPad – only the iPod touch and iPhone. Although iPad users can't run this tweak on their devices, any images you send to them through iMessage can still be seen on the iPad since iMessage is capable of sending and receiving pictures.

The tweak is pretty a pretty neat mod for the Messages application, but don’t try it in other messaging clients like biteSMS because it won’t work. If you’ve ever wanted to draw instead of type, this tweak works great and will be a fun addition to the messaging experience.

UPDATE: Ian has informed me that a new release is out with bug fixes and support for biteSMS.

Name: Grafiti
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0.0
    Requirements: iPhone or iPod touch, iOS 5
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Ian Pappas
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Sources: Ian Pappas
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 08-01-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Thanks

Sick! Just saw this on cydia

Hey Anthony I'd think it'd be a good idea if you guys interviewed the developers or just gave a brief description. IMO

Wow this kinda fits the my theme I'm working on.. I always liked PictoChat (Or the advanced form Swapnote on the 3DS)

Cant get it to work.. And it shows whiteboard instead of grafiti but then nothing happen when i select it.

make this tweak compatible with bitesms and im game!

What a fantastic tweak! Going to buy this now! Point to note tho, doesn't graffiti have two f's?

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by onski View Post
    Cant get it to work.. And it shows whiteboard instead of grafiti but then nothing happen when i select it.
    Same here. It says whiteboard, not grafiti....but I was able to get it to work once or twice. The first time i selected whiteboard it took me to the draw screen, then i typed something, and tried getting back to draw....couldnt. Tried to get back to it about 100 times, and it only opened once or twice. I select "whiteboard" and it just shows the normal keyboard...only difference is the keyboard doesn't work, you press a letter...nothing happens.

Seems cool, and would love to try it out some more....Please fix the bugs!
    El Zurdo

Also getting the whiteboard error as described above, but I haven't seen the drawing interface ever.

Can't find it on the big boss repo....

Not working for me also just shows whiteboard and you can't do anything.. .99 cents for nothing... Bummer! Their goes my .99 burger at burger king..

White board for me too

My iPhone is a Part of Me Paulw2008's Avatar
    Thanks

Not working for me

My iPhone is a Part of Me samsquanch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 594 Posts

I'm getting the whiteboard error and it's not compatible with Color Keyboard. When your done with your pick and hit the globe it puts a clear keyboard over the draw space.

Thanks

You think it may be because we are using color keyboard or some other type of keyboard mod? I'm too lazy to uninstall color keyboard to see if it works. But just a thought...but as of now, I keep gettin "whiteboard" and nothing happens...

Quote Originally Posted by samsquanch View Post
    I'm getting the whiteboard error and it's not compatible with Color Keyboard. When your done with your pick and hit the globe it puts a clear keyboard over the draw space.
    Well there we go! I jus asked this at the same time you answered lol

The keyboard saying "Whiteboard" is not an error. It's just that the Cydia version is newer than the screenshots above and the developer chose to rename it.

Thanks

Draw & Send Doodles Within Messages App On iPhone With 'Grafiti' [CYDIA TWEAK] - iOS Vlog 915 - YouTube

That is how you get it to work, even with color keyboard...just tested it and its working now!!!

Video is taking it too far though...you don't have to go back and forth from English to whiteboard...jus hold it till it stays up the very first time and tap whiteboard and it will work...just tested...

iPhone 4S 5.1.1 using color keyboard as well
    Last edited by Magnum; 07-29-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Got it working now.. Tnx for the tip, didnt bother watching the link i just followed what you said..

thats a very cool batman carrier logo..how can i get it on my iphone dude

Thanks

Rebooted, reinstalled, deleted. did not work on iphone 4 w/ 5.0 or on 4S w/ 5.0.1
    Guess i'll goto burger king next time.
    sad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast