Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Chinese Manufacturer Posts Pictures of Possible iPhone 5

Default Chinese Manufacturer Posts Pictures of Possible iPhone 5

Pictures of what looks like Apple’s upcoming iPhone 5 surfaced today on a Chinese manufacturer's website.

It's nearly impossible to tell whether or not this is an actual prototype, a production unit smuggled out of Foxconn’s facilities or a very elaborate mock-up based on speculation. Apple’s production timeline and production capabilities allow the company to delay mass producing products until just a month before launch. Gizmodo’s famous iPhone 4 bar debacle occurred roughly six weeks before the phone’s official launch, meaning final production had likely just begun.

Disappointing iPhone 4S sales over the last few months could have convinced Apple to move up the iPhone 5 release date instead of waiting through a few more months of disappointing iPhone 4S sales. Or this could be a giant hoax and Apple is still on schedule for the iPhone 5’s assumed October release window.

Apple is famous for not providing accessory manufacturers with early builds of devices for fear of leaks and other PR nightmares, which can occur easily in massive Chinese production facilities. Heck, Apple has enough trouble keeping Foxconn’s president on the same page. Whether Apple moves up the iPhone 5 release date or not, no one will know in advance, and we’ll all likely wait impatiently until the release or the next leak like a house pet next to an empty food dish.

Source: Gizmodo

I say fake. It has a plasticky look and iPhones avoid plastic for a reason

In the photo on the right, the height of it doesn't match with the rumors of a taller, 3.99" screen. Then again, rumors will be rumors.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

It's funny when these sites show pictures of prototypes they have 'found'. It's like they get the device and then spend months trying to find the worst possible camera, then spend another month taking the perfect blurry/low def photo.

Quote Originally Posted by back2thebeatof84 View Post
    In the photo on the right, the height of it doesn't match with the rumors of a taller, 3.99" screen. Then again, rumors will be rumors.
    Check out the big empty space between the forth row of icons and the dock.
    Last edited by KraXik; 07-27-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by back2thebeatof84 View Post
    Clearly it does. The picture shows a screen with 6x4 icons. Current iPhones are 5x4.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    That's because it has some plastic case on it.. at least around the sides and back. The picture quality isn't really good enough anyways to say for sure.

I think these photos were taken with a late 90s model Nokia.

I think it's fake. If this picture was "legit", that means Apple is going to make a solid colored iPhone. And if I remember right, they are keeping the aluminum border like on the current iPhone 4 & 4s

If it is real, it looks like its a case manufacturer showing the fitment of a cover for the back of the phone.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

fake.
    The light reflection off the iPhone face is not glass.
    The hole up top is not cylindrical like iPhone for the camera, it is just black hole.
    It is a printed paper mockup on gloss paper put into their "iPhone 5/6" case to legitimize their case, to get retailers to do an early order for these before "iPhone 5/6" gets released.

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    It's funny when these sites show pictures of prototypes they have 'found'. It's like they get the device and then spend months trying to find the worst possible camera, then spend another month taking the perfect blurry/low def photo.

Agreed. Why not make a video if it's real. Low end pics like these make me laugh.

Fake, fake , fake! Like most of the Chinese staff!

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    fake.
    The light reflection off the iPhone face is not glass.
    The hole up top is not cylindrical like iPhone for the camera, it is just black hole.
    It is a printed paper mockup on gloss paper put into their "iPhone 5/6" case to legitimize their case, to get retailers to do an early order for these before "iPhone 5/6" gets released.
    I'm not certain about that hole, but is it not possible that there is a screen protector on the screen? If it is a case manufacture as some have speculated, then it may be possible, seeing as some cases come with such a protector for the screen, which could have a reflection similar to what's seen in the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    LOL...right.

Everything about that statement is wrong. Go and find an iPhone 4S and press your finger on the screen...you will get color distortion like you would see on LCD Monitors. Try that on an earlier iPhone model and you won't have that issue.

iPhone is going more and more plastic...you just don't realize it.

ON TOPIC:

Looks like we have more innovation coming from Apple. The new design features include...nothing! Its the same thing at a whole new higher price. Apple drones...line up and give us your money! Think Differently!

It defenitally has a matt screen protector on it. You can see the edges of the screen protector around the home button, speaker, and camera.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post

First thing I noted..Looks like enough room for a fifth row as expected on the new iPhone coming soon.

I don't believe everything I see but the last time we had a leak a month or two before the release(iPhone 4) it was spot on. No reason to doubt this picture at all. It is coming from the source..where they are manufactured. Hate all you want to in my opinion this is the final product. Its taller, enough room for an extra row of icons and it has the center front facing cam. What more is needed? Let me guess, you didn't believe Rodney King was beat up either?? just saying hahahahaha! Let the games begin.
    Last edited by bigboyz; 07-27-2012 at 12:42 PM.

First of all, why would they change the charging port? That would be one of the most retarded thing Apple can do

Quote Originally Posted by DefJammable View Post
    First of all, why would they change the charging port? That would be one of the most retarded thing Apple can do
    Possibly the port to insert the cord takes up space in the older models and perhaps they want add something extra to improve a past problem

are u serius we can finally used any other regular charger

We dont even know the charging port is change or not...and even if its change, whats the big deal? so people like you are not gonna buy the new phone because fricking apple change the charging port? i dont think so....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast