+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: J.D. Power: Verizon is #1 in Customer Service For The Third Time

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default J.D. Power: Verizon is #1 in Customer Service For The Third Time

Popular marketing research firm J.D. Power and Associates recently named Verizon Wireless the #1 carrier in the U.S. in terms of customer service. This also happens to be Verizonís third time landing the title as well.

The firm came to this conclusion based on how well a company scores in three areas of customer service. These three areas include: online, telephone, and walk-in (retail stores). As part of the study, the results are measured in satisfaction and processing issues in each contract channel. Processing issues include the efficiency of problem resolutions and duration of hold timed. The results produce a final score on a scale of 1-1000 with the higher number being better. According to the J.D. Power press release:

Verizon Wireless ranks highest in wireless customer care performance among full-service carriers with an overall score of 771. Verizon Wireless performs particularly well in phone contacts that originate in the automatic response system (ARS) channel are then transferred to a live customer service representative (CSR), and in phone class made directly to a CSR)
    What was a bit more surprising was the fact that Sprint came in just a few points behind Verizon with a score of 764 while both AT&T and T-Mobile scored below the national average for full-service carriers. From my own experience, I canít say itís a surprise to see AT&T or T-Mobile below the national average but seeing Sprint trailing just 7 points below Verizon was quite astonishing.

With speculation of the new I Phone being LTE-compatible, many users are in the process of considering whether to switch from AT&T to Verizon for better coverage, or Sprint for its unlimited data plan. With results like the ones from J.D. Powerís report, users may have another reason to make the jump from AT&T or T-Mobile (which currently doesnít officially even support the iPhone).

Source: J.D. Power and Associates (Press Release)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

They must not be doing the walk-ins down here in Louisiana. All the carriers suck down here. Your problem is not their problem.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm about done with AT&T. Amazing how much we give, but get so very little back from them.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

Yep, I've been an At&T lacky every since the first iPhone. At the first hint of better service. I'm definitely jumping ship.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sprint might have good customer service, but their phone service is not as great. i get 0 to 1 bars in my office, and go in and out of service all day. if i try to send a text i get "radio interference resource shortage" and it will send eventually. its not like i work out in the sticks either

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've been with AT&T since the first day of the original iPhone, but I won't forget how I was treated when the whole 2GB cap and throttle for granfathered customers thing went down.

I fall well below the new 3GB cap restrictions, but simply can't get over how I was treated by customer service at the time. I'll be fulfilling a promise to jump ship when I pick up my new iPhone in just a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Masand View Post
    With speculation of the new I Phone being LTE-compatible....
    By the way, really? ..."I Phone"? I'd expect this from maybe the local newspaper or in an email from my mother, but from Your Premier iPhone Community? Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site?
    Last edited by severe; 07-27-2012 at 08:43 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 689 Posts

sorry in my neck of the woods Verizon CS sucks. AT&T has been terrific here in Tampa.
    They all suck on cost IMHO.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you're a Verizon customer that still has unlimited data, you have to buy a phone in full to keep the unlimited data. No more upgrade pricing. Only problem i have with them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JagXK8 View Post
    If you're a Verizon customer that still has unlimited data, you have to buy a phone in full to keep the unlimited data. No more upgrade pricing. Only problem i have with them.
    Are you sure? I've had Verizon for years and they haven't done that to me yet. My father recently got the Samsung Galaxy still running his unlimited data plan and paid only $300 when it was brand new.

And on the topic. Verizon, IMO, is the lesser of 3 evils. Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint. Being #1 in customer service in the cell phone business isn't saying to much when everyone pretty much knows they are all trying to screw you over in pricing.