+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Court Documents Reveal “Highly Confidential” iPad and iPhone Prototypes

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The court documents for Apple’s upcoming jury trial against Samsung have revealed a number of very early iPad and iPhone design prototypes. Ironically, the prototypes have some resemblance to mock-ups
    Thanks

Default Court Documents Reveal “Highly Confidential” iPad and iPhone Prototypes

The court documents for Apple’s upcoming jury trial against Samsung have revealed a number of very early iPad and iPhone design prototypes. Ironically, the prototypes have some resemblance to mock-ups of the company’s next-generation handset. These prototypes were found in unredacted court exhibits which were filed recently, offering a look at the extremely secretive design process that Apple products typically undergo before reaching consumers.

Although Apple typically goes through great lengths to keep pictures such as these out of public view, it has been forced to release the information as part of a July 30 jury trial against Samsung. Judge Lucy Koh previously called for open proceedings, meaning much of the normally-redacted evidence won’t be considered as trade secrets and is therefore free for public viewing.

As far as the prototypes go, some of them are farfetched design studies for the iPad, such as a model that includes a built-in stick kickstand, while others appear closer to consumer ready products. Some of the other prototypes had “iPod” markings, which shows that Apple considered positioning the tablet within the media player line.

Apple’s iPhone prototypes, they looked pretty similar to the smartphone customers use today, with a few key differences. One example us an iPhone which takes the form of an elongated candy bar and has a screen taking up only half of the unit’s face. Most of the designs never made it out of testing but some elements can be seen in current and possibly future products. An image of a two-tone backed iPhone looks similar to mock-ups of Apple’s sixth-generation iPhone. The feature was somewhat present on the original iPhone as well, covering to allow radio waves to pass through to the unit’s antenna assembly, though that seems to have disappeared in future iterations of the device, which are now glass-backed.

Overall, it’s pretty interesting to see the prototype designs and see the difference between the products in the testing stages and when they are released to the public.

Source: The Verge

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

So tired of hearing about court battles. What does that have to do with modding?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

I reaaallyy hope that's not what they are gonna actually look like.

Thanks

This looks so much like a Blackberry. lol

rcm
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    So tired of hearing about court battles. What does that have to do with modding?
    Absolutely nothing, but so far the only challenge left for modders and jailbreakers alike is the baseband, aside from that they only mod you see almost every day is a new way to see the clock sothis is the only news they have right now.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    Absolutely nothing, but so far the only challenge left for modders and jailbreakers alike is the baseband, aside from that they only mod you see almost every day is a new way to see the clock sothis is the only news they have right now.
    I'm still waiting on a ATV 3 jailbreak. Unless it came out and I missed it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

These court battles can decide the future of the company that builds the devices we mod. This news is probably more useful to mod creators than to mod consumers.

And just as general advice: life is full of information that will never be relevant to you - you should probably get used to it rather than complain about it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    These court battles can decide the future of the company that builds the devices we mod. This news is probably more useful to mod creators than to mod consumers.

And just as general advice: life is full of information that will never be relevant to you - you should probably get used to it rather than complain about it.
    These court battles are not deciding the future of what devices me mod.

And I agree with the OP, why are these reports continuously reported on.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

You can tell those will probably never be on the market. I do however, like the kick stand concept. It would be a nice little feature.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

And yet you still clicked the link and took time to post a comment?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It's an apple tech news blog it covers rumors.

Normally id think it's dumb but Samsung had to reveal WAY MORE

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colin9001 View Post
    I reaaallyy hope that's not what they are gonna actually look like.
    They were before to be the original iPhone but they decided to go with what they have today

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by creolesoul View Post

This looks so much like a Blackberry. lol
    None of the blackberry line up looks like this. Not the storms not the bolds.... Looks like iPods but bigger