+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Former Apple Employees Rumored to be Working on Improved Facebook App

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Former Apple Employees Rumored to be Working on Improved Facebook App

According to Bloomberg, four former Apple iOS experts have been hired by Facebook to help work on speed and performance enhancements which are expected to be released in an upcoming version of the company’s app for the iOS platform. The whole purpose of the task is for the social media giant to have a major code overhaul in lieu of a simple update for the current slow and buggy app.

Touch-screen UI developer Greg Novick, the iPhone software gurus Tim Omernick and Chris Tremblay, and creator of Apple’s first-party Stocks app Scott Goodson are the four slated to join the Facebook team. Supposedly, former Apple designers Mike Matas and Kimon Tsinteris are also said to be working on the project, after having their company (Push Pop Press) acquired by Facebook. Matas and Tsinteris are credited with having previously helped in creating the look and feel of iOS as it is today. Overall, it seems like Facebook has assembled quite the group to help with improving the iOS app for their social media platform.

The news seems to align with previous reports that claimed Facebook was working on a completely rebuilt iOS app which was supposedly set to launch in July. Many users have been anticipating a new release for quite some time as there seem to be several complaints about the current iteration of the Facebook app, which has remain largely unchanged for quite some time now. News of Apple hiring well known developers to help with the overhaul brings relief and hope for many. Ultimately, we’ll have to wait to see the end result but the expectations have been raised given the knowledge of knowing who is working on the update.

Source: Bloomberg

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ths better come out

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If it doesn't release, this may be the final push to get me off FB. I love social media and keeping up with local events/friends, but this app is such garbage in it's current iteration that it's just not worth the frustration it causes. I know quite a few folks are at their breaking points.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

I honestly like the app design. It just needs the bugs to be squashed to be good.

Thanks

Mypad for the win sons

Thanks
    Last time they mentioned the revamped facebook app they said it would be released mid-July...

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

Even the mobile web version is slow; I have to use a third party app just to be happy. I'd really like to be using the official Facebook version, but until things are "resolved" I'll have to do without.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah they need to come on with it. They said July & it's almost August. The current version is crap. Also if anybody hasn't noticed, if you take a look at the facebook file system in ifile, this crappy app downloads every image you look at or even pass over on your wall. That's just a complete waste of memory to just sit on the phone like that when the app is shut down. I wonder how many other apps do this.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

About time, the Facebook on iPhone is so slow and horrible and buggy, it deserves its 2* rating.