+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to Make First Presentation at 2012 Black Hat conference

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple to Make First Presentation at 2012 Black Hat conference

Apple, for the first time in the company's long history, will be on hand in a formal capacity this week at the Black Hat security conference. As we presently understand, Apple will make a presentation at the conference with the purpose of delving into iOS security.

In previous years, Apple has skipped out on the annual event, preferring instead to allow the company to talk iOS security at the times and places of its choosing. But that all changes on Thursday, as Bloomberg reported this morning, effectively confirming chatter that Apple would attend the 2012 conference.

Dallas De Atley, manager of Apple’s platform security team, will lead a presentation on "key security technologies within iOS." The appearance by Apple is said to be "significant" because a variety of Apple products have, in recent years, "been stripped of their image of being hack-proof."

And by no means is De Atley going rogue and speaking at the conference without Apple's permission and backing. “Bottom line — no one at Apple speaks without marketing approval,” says Trey Ford, Black Hat’s general manager. “Apple will be at Black Hat 2012, and marketing is on board.”

Source: Bloomberg

Thanks

Well with some of the latest holes that have been found..guess its about time to beef up security within iOS. Hopefully not too beefy as i NEED my jb's. :]

My iPhone is a Part of Me dwizurd's Avatar
    Thanks

^ +1
    Noobus Majorus thanks are welcome <---

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Well with some of the latest holes that have been found..guess its about time to beef up security within iOS. Hopefully not too beefy as i NEED my jb's. :]
    Agreed

Thanks

Apple wanna find out what the other hackers are exploiting in their software so they can prevent it.