Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Job Listing at Microsoft Points Towards Outlook for iOS

Thanks

Default New Job Listing at Microsoft Points Towards Outlook for iOS

There have been several hints in the past regarding Microsoft possibly working on an iOS version of the Microsoft Office suite of apps. Previously, The Daily posted an image of what they claimed was an early build of the software demoed by a Microsoft employee. This software demo was rumored to launch in November but no official announcements have been made.

A new job posting that was listed earlier this month hints that Microsoft could have the iOS apps in the works already. Microsoft seems to be searching for a software engineer on the Outlook test team, which is said to be working on “Microsoft’s next move on the Mac and on iOS.” Such a listing and the fact that Microsoft is looking to fill a position directly related to the rumors of the Office apps being released for the iOS platform goes to show that the apps may truly be in the works.

This isn’t solid proof though that Office is coming soon because Microsoft does have several other iOS apps as well. These apps include SkyDrive, OneNote, and a few others but one thing to note is that the job description did specify looking for someone to test Outlook on Mac and iOS. Hopefully this does turn out to be the case though as many people use Outlook due to work and having the option to use it on my iOS devices would be very useful as well.

Source: The Daily, Microsoft via 9to5Mac

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Nice pick Akshay, after a long silence, Microsoft is finally out of the shell. They are competing everything and everyone that they have the ability to compete with and I think, its a great step for them to come into the market and give some tough time to the existing companies, the tougher the markets are, the better it would be for us, the better products we will have at cheaper price!

Thanks

I just want Office applications that offer everything a PC user has had for years. EVERYTHING..not just a few things but everything..that is all for now :]

I just want for iOS and I'm good.

Well at least this cant be bought by google.

I just use other Apps in the App store for minor editing and stuff. Besides, I tried writing a few papers on the iPad and it sucks.I prefer a keyboard, mouse, and bigger screen.

Thanks for your post.

I hope this will lead to better integration with exchange servers. It would be nice to easily setup out-of-office messages for my exchange email. This is the only thing I miss about the blackberry.