Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: LiveClock Updated for iOS 5.1.1

Default LiveClock Updated for iOS 5.1.1

LiveClock is a classic free jailbreak tweak that was originally created by iOS developer and hacker Ryan Petrich and was handed down to Joshua Lee Tucker (not the former ModMyi writer – another Joshua Tucker), who was unable to update the software for the latest version of iOS due to a busy lifestyle.

Today, it appears that Ryan Petrich has continued the project – updating LiveClock for the untethered iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak. The tweak is still free, but it must be downloaded from Ryan Petrich’s private repository. To add it, you can launch Cydia, tap on Manage, then tap on Sources, then tap on Edit, then finally tap on Add, and enter the following URL:

PHP Code:
    http://rpetri.ch/repo/ 
    As shown above, the application allows the home screen’s Clock application to become animated and display the actual time in real time. It includes a second hand that ticks, a minute hand that follows, and an hour hand that continues behind the two. LiveClock was popular because it was a very simple modification that did one really neat thing that Apple should have included to begin with. Without LiveClock, the calendar application is the only animated icon on the home screen, as it changes day after day to match the date.

LiveClock for iOS 5.1.1, just like before, includes four extra WinterBoard themes – the ability to hide the second hand, the ability to disable the tweak, a darker colored clock, and finally a darker colored clock with no seconds. You will need WinterBoard installed to see these themes, however WinterBoard is not a required dependency to install LiveClock.

While LiveClock is the original work of art that brought the animated Clock application icon to iOS, another alternative was introduced to iOS 5 last month called Clockify. The application does the same thing, however it includes a widget for both the lock screen and for Notification Center and includes some customization options. If you own Clockify, you should stick with it, but if you don’t have either, LiveClock is a great way to get only the animated clock at a great price – free.

If you have really missed this amazing jailbreak tweak like I have, you can finally grab it for iOS 5. Get downloading!

Sources: Ryan Petrich
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-23-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,184 Times in 1,366 Posts

I like how the 'seconds hand' moves! Nice touch, Ryan!

http://twitter.com/iTortrix/status/2...791872/photo/1

Nice article. Thank you soon much. I will check this out.

Forecast is still among my favorite tweaks right next to killbackground. second place you'll find sbsettings followed by simpledate with zeppelin and qtweeter closing up the rear.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eightyk88 View Post
    Forecast is still among my favorite tweaks right next to killbackground. second place you'll find sbsettings followed by simpledate with zeppelin and qtweeter closing up the rear.
    Whats the kill background? what does it do? Seems interesting!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Ryan Petrich = God

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Another great tweak by another great dev

I wonder how much RAM does it use..

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Another great tweak by another great dev
    ^+1. Definitely missed this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Serge96 View Post
    I wonder how much RAM does it use..
    I would assume it uses less that Clockify. I purchased Clockify thinking I'd never see good old LiveClock again but never was interested in it's LS and NC junk. Ryan always made LiveClock easier to theme too (eg colour and length of clock hands etc) so its great to see it back!

And yes. KillBackground is tha shizz

This tweak looks kinda useless. Why not just look at the status bar?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thomaspeter View Post
    Why cause it had the word kill in it? haha jokes. I believe it kills the backround applications that are using ram. Free's up memory and allows your device to run faster.

Downloading now! Thanks for the great tweak

Thanks
    Thanked 3,184 Times in 1,366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thomaspeter View Post
    KillBackground kills all multitasking apps. Under the Settings, set it up like this:

Turn ON 'Always Visible' and 'Big Buttons'